new kits for 07/08 season

kc51design

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bleh. I can't say I like that at all.

Then again, I love the current kit.

Me, too and me, too.

Clear downgrade in my eyes. The racing stripes were far more iconic.

Agreed. Idk why, but the racing stripes were just a great look for the US. I'm gonna miss those, because I'm not really feeling the new ones.

The only feature of this kit I like is sewn inside the neck - the "Don't Tread On Me."

Outside of that, it's nowhere near what they were wearing before.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Bleh. I can't say I like that at all.

Then again, I love the current kit.

Me, too and me, too.

Clear downgrade in my eyes. The racing stripes were far more iconic.

Downgrade as well. Something about it screams "Aeropostale" polo...oh wait...I've pinpointed it. It's the stripes.

The good news is that I get to reallocate the money I would have spent on this kit, had it been awesome, toward a 2 for 1 deal on the 06-08s . Twellman and Altidore? YUP! :D

I just realized what the thin stripes remind me of: Nike MLS kits, circa 1998. Most notably, the San Jose Clash and Dallas Burn.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I just realized what the thin stripes remind me of: Nike MLS kits, circa 1998. Most notably, the San Jose Clash and Dallas Burn.

or Manchester United

a8a2_1.JPG

untitled21.jpg

Redskin IS a racist term, no matter how Daniel Snyder tries to spin it.

You hit the nail on the head. At least they didn't pull out the 96 debacles. Those were absolutely horrible. These just feel more like an alternate jersey rather then the primary shirt. But I still like them. Compared to the 2006/08's though I'd say downgrade. glad to see they kept the numbers, though minus the outline

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I wanna see the away USA Kit! Why'd they only release the homes!?

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I wonder if/when the new Israel kit comes out? Usually it's really boring, so hopefully they improve it. Then again...they're a Puma team just like Italy...so I might be asking for too much.

77267.gif

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I wonder if/when the new Israel kit comes out? Usually it's really boring, so hopefully they improve it. Then again...they're a Puma team just like Italy...so I might be asking for too much.

77267.gif

And 30 seconds after I write this my friend IMs me with LOOK THE NEW ISRAEL JERSEY! Apparently I spoke too soon. I like the blue ones, but the white ones are whatever.

l_04010d083bb8117adfc267c749f013a6.jpg

l_a66cbc861d6d08faaebf86d391156959.jpg

l_7574d344ffc945cfd67352d829ac563b.jpg

l_41da3717af4f1b57823fb6a14a8ec108.jpg

spacer.png

Archived