Chicago Bears wierd numbering

elliott

Watching the Bears in the superbowl last season, I noticed a difference between the 8's on the sleeves and the front/back of the jersey. The hole is much smaller on the sleeve. Heres some pics:

131736_225X300.jpg

rex_grossman_bears_top.jpg

But thats only on the game worn ones. Heres a picture of a Grossman jersey that is sold. As you can barely see, the numbering is correct:

P0071725.jpg

Wierd? :therock:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching the Bears in the superbowl last season, I noticed a difference between the 8's on the sleeves and the front/back of the jersey. The hole is much smaller on the sleeve. Heres some pics:

131736_225X300.jpg

But thats only on the game worn ones. Heres a picture of a Grossman jersey that is sold. As you can barely see, the numbering is correct:

P0071725.jpg

Weird that you just noticed? Weird that you think a replica is correct but a game worn is wrong? Weird that they use two or three different number styles/sizes between front, back, and sleeve?

It's where I sit.

heh, and here I was thinkin all these years that the replicas were off and the stuff on the field's the correct stuff...silly me :P

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

And another new member of the community is alienated by long-standing members who hate the newbies... :rolleyes:

Let's try again:

NEW POSTER: "The sky is blue."

GRUMPY OLD POSTER #1: "You're an idiot - it's cyan!"

GRUMPY OLD POSTER #2: "No it's not, it's THIS Pantone (image of a Pantone card), but I won't say what the number is, because you'll sell a counterfeit sky on eBay!"

GRUMPY OLD POSTER #3: "Hey NEW POSTER, you're a loser. Stay off our board."

All I'm saying is there's no need to bully the new(ish) guy.

GRUMPY OLD POSTER #2: "No it's not, it's THIS Pantone (image of a Pantone card), but I won't say what the number is, because you'll sell a counterfeit sky on eBay!"

(**)

I didn't mean to be "holier than thou". I found it odd to comment on something that has been this way for-seemingly-ever, and thus looked for clarification on what was weird.

You are correct in that people DO get jumped on here -- I was honestly wondering which part of this was weird.

Finally, I must say that I considered adding 'weird' to my sig, as I'm in agreement with El-Duderino.

It's where I sit.

131736_225X300.jpg

P0071725.jpg

If it were the Superbowl, wouldn't he be wearing the SB logo patch?

I didn't mean to be "holier than thou". I found it odd to comment on something that has been this way for-seemingly-ever, and thus looked for clarification on what was weird.

You are correct in that people DO get jumped on here -- I was honestly wondering which part of this was weird.

Finally, I must say that I considered adding 'weird' to my sig, as I'm in agreement with El-Duderino.

I forgive you.

Now give elliott back his milk money :D

The three different number fonts is wierd/weird though. Do the Bears do the numbering themselves? Or is it done up at Ripon?

131736_225X300.jpg

P0071725.jpg

If it were the Superbowl, wouldn't he be wearing the SB logo patch?

No, the official SB logo patch was only on the replicas that they sold. With the correct numbering.

I forgive you.

Now give elliott back his milk money :D

Would you settle for a penny and whatever the he!! that is? It's all I've got on the web right now.

penny.jpg

The three different number fonts is wierd/weird though. Do the Bears do the numbering themselves? Or is it done up at Ripon?

I don't know if they do it, or if it's done in Ripon (if that's where they're still coming from).

It's where I sit.

TheSky_MC1_9999_SOL.jpg

TheSky_MC1_9999_SOL.jpg

I now have Diet Mountain Dew coming out of my nose, and tears coming from my eyes.

Thank you very much - this is why I love this place :D

It's where I sit.

TheSky_MC1_9999_SOL.jpg

Hey, PANTONE, any truth to the rumor that the Sky is planning to do a throwback color scheme to the pre-Big Bang black?

I can't comment on that. It would mean the potential loss of my access to the Cosmos Style Guide site (www.cosmosstyleguide.com), and I'm not willing to risk it.

TheSky_MC1_9999_SOL.jpg

Hey, PANTONE, any truth to the rumor that the Sky is planning to do a throwback color scheme to the pre-Big Bang black?

I can't comment on that. It would mean the potential loss of my access to the Cosmos Style Guide site (www.cosmosstyleguide.com), and I'm not willing to risk it.

Completely understood. The last thing I'd want to do is jeopardize your access to vectors of Uranus.

Archived