Pirates in Ketchup Red

hormone

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe they wanted to, I don't know, sell more product?

A black alternate with yellow script and (maybe) white outlines would have accomplished the same result without pissing all over the team's identity.

For instance:

PIT_alt.jpg

That jersey wouldn't work because they wouldn't let pitchers wear yellow sleeves, especially yellow long sleeves. It would make it harder for the batters to pick up the ball out of the pitcher's hand.

Well the Yankees originally wore pinstripes to make Babe Ruth look slimmer, so I say go for it.

WRONG!

Yankees have had pinstripes since 1915. Babe Ruth came to the team in 1920.

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

They need a yellow vest with a yellow hat. Maybe yellow pants, too...

8card.jpg

Seriously, though, their regular set is one of the top 5 or so in the majors. Red is unnecessary, and the red vest looks 100 times worse than any of the red jerseys out there.

Gold Unis - YES!! Like the one Willie Stargell is wearing.

Why Red?? Who knows!!! Those are FUGLY!!!

Tradition!! Look at the Yankees & Cubs. They don't just throw on red unis cause it's in their color scheme.

Dear Pirates Org - Black & Gold. Stay with tradition - I love the Pirates in their old school Golds!!! NO RED PLEASE -

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

That jersey wouldn't work because they wouldn't let pitchers wear yellow sleeves, especially yellow long sleeves. It would make it harder for the batters to pick up the ball out of the pitcher's hand.

What if a pitcher, wearing a regular, non-vest jersey, didn't wear long sleeves or medium-length-sleeves? What if the batter could only see the bare arm of the pitcher?

piratesgraycap2pk1.jpg

That's a whole different set of problems, right there.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Gold Unis - YES!! Like the one Willie Stargell is wearing.

Why Red?? Who knows!!! Those are FUGLY!!!

Tradition!! Look at the Yankees & Cubs. They don't just throw on red unis cause it's in their color scheme.

Dear Pirates Org - Black & Gold. Stay with tradition - I love the Pirates in their old school Golds!!! NO RED PLEASE -

The Pirates organization doesn't listen to anyone, especially fans.

piratesgraycap2pk1.jpg

That's a whole different set of problems, right there.

I won't take that road set back, but I'll take A-Ram back.

i hate to say this because the pirates were the first team as a child that i liked. So i know them as black and gold but, thinking as pirates in general, their true colours are black white and red as in flags. so im mixed .....tradition with the team or with the name..............

Put those Pirates "Ketchup Red" alternate jerseys into the "what were they thinking?" department (along with the Detroit Lions Black alternate jerseys and the Nashville Predators Mustard alternate jerseys)!

YOZXkBG.png?1

They aren't too bad. I kind of like them

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

What if a pitcher, wearing a regular, non-vest jersey, didn't wear long sleeves or medium-length-sleeves? What if the batter could only see the bare arm of the pitcher?

I think that, by rule, the only undersleeve color that's illegal is white. If white sleeves were totally illegal, every team's home uniform would have to be a vest. I'll see if I can look up the exact wording of the rule.

I think that, by rule, the only undersleeve color that's illegal is white. If white sleeves were totally illegal, every team's home uniform would have to be a vest. I'll see if I can look up the exact wording of the rule.

I wish for the death of the vest. These are just so hideous, even worse than the Rockies' monstrosities that matched two colors that really don't match (black vest with purple undershirt).

The Pirates had good-looking sleeved jerseys as recently as 2000. I understand the desire for a look tied to history, but the Pirates' vests looked bad in the '50s and '60s, too. At least back then, they didn't occasionally look like a bunch of ketchup stains running around on the field.

Archived