Calvin Johnson Draft Jersey

buckeyes

Did anybody else notice that reebok/nfl did a horrible job on calvin johnson's jersey on draft day. the name plate was totally off centered and you could see spots where the plate should have been attached. heres a picture.

johnson.jpg

anybody else notice anything unusual or interesting?

newsig.jpg

-The Few, The Proud, The Paint Users.-

Did anybody else notice that reebok/nfl did a horrible job on calvin johnson's jersey on draft day. the name plate was totally off centered and you could see spots where the plate should have been attached. heres a picture.

johnson.jpg

anybody else notice anything unusual or interesting?

First off it's wierd seeing the Lions not have the #1 pick.

Also am I the only one who thinks the Lions' jerseys look lighter this year?

Finally I miss Paul Tagliabue's comic mispronunciation of people's names. Imagine what he would have done with Amobi Okoye. "Amooboo...Ambuike...uh...um...defensive end from Luoisville."

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

They got the best player in the draft, so it was just like having the 1st pick.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Honestly, there was so much talk about the Lions drafting Johnson and trading him that I was waiting until he the showed the back of the jersey. I figured if they were going to keep him, the jersey would have a name on the back. I shouldn't have been too confident. They still could have ripped off the velcro and put the ADAMS nameplate on it if they had traded down to Tampa Bay.

Everyone loves a roundel.

Vaguely related high-draft-pick comment:

What was with that stupid ad during the draft where Reggie Bush said he was going to prove everyone wrong that doubted him and didn't draft him? Uh, Reg, only one team declined to draft you, and that's an organization that evidently doesn't know its ass from a hole in the ground.

Never forget.

Just in general.

Why? They've only picked first three times in team history, and not since 1980.

Charles Rogers thanks you for not noticing him.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Rogers was taken second overall. Palmer was #1. Nice try though.

I'm. Charles. Rogers..

500 points to anyone who gets where that comes from.

I had 68 catches and 13 touchdowns!

screenshot-2017-09-15-18-37-19.png

Rogers was taken second overall. Palmer was #1. Nice try though.

Yeah, but there's no sense letting pesky facts get in the way of a snappy retort.

Archived