WOAH! They wore That!?

kewp80

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hah! I have that Hasek Blackhawks card that he put on the list.

It is a bit jarring to see Ryne Sandberg wearing a Phillies jersey, or Bobby Orr on the Blackhawks.

Put Your Hands up For Detroit (our lovely city)

When I saw the slug, I harkened back to my reaction to Thursday's first round of the golf tournament.

Yes, I know many golf outfits are generally thought of as BLECCH! to begin with (it's the nature of the beast) .... but there's still cause to stop and point out the unique and almost flawless hideousness that is:

r2572272414.jpg

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

Like I had no idea Steve Young played for the Bucs.

He also played for the USFL's Los Angeles Express.

young.jpg

Couldn't find a pic but Joe Horn was originally with Kansas City. I still can't get used to the idea of this...

main_hornpc030807.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

When I saw the slug, I harkened back to my reaction to Thursday's first round of the golf tournament.

Yes, I know many golf outfits are generally thought of as BLECCH! to begin with (it's the nature of the beast) .... but there's still cause to stop and point out the unique and almost flawless hideousness that is:

r2572272414.jpg

Hideous? When I saw Sergio last night I wanted to go out and buy that exact outfit. I'm totally serious, that shirt with that hat looks awesome and I'd honestly buy it on sight.

stoneraizersig.jpg

Like I had no idea Steve Young played for the Bucs.

He also played for the USFL's Los Angeles Express.

young.jpg

Couldn't find a pic but Joe Horn was originally with Kansas City. I still can't get used to the idea of this...

main_hornpc030807.jpg

Kansas City? What about the Memphis Mad Dogs of the CFL!

There should be another section... Players who had a different uniform in their rookie (or first couple of) season(s), but the team completely revamped, and they are known for the revamped uni. The best I can think of off the top of my head is Kirby Puckett... obviously known for what they currently wear (sans alts), but he played a couple of seasons with the old pullovers.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

There should be another section... Players who had a different uniform in their rookie (or first couple of) season(s), but the team completely revamped, and they are known for the revamped uni. The best I can think of off the top of my head is Kirby Puckett... obviously known for what they currently wear (sans alts), but he played a couple of seasons with the old pullovers.

Funny you should say that 'cause I was surprised to see Deion Sanders on NFL Network in the Falcons' old red helmet uni. I thought he was drafted after they went to the black.

98_1_b.JPG

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Wilt never actually played for the Q's. Without looking up the actually circumstances in Pluto's Loose Balls, either the Lakers or the NBA got an injunction cause he was still under a playing contract. Instead, he just coached, and not always at that.

Marc

Wilt never actually played for the Q's. Without looking up the actually circumstances in Pluto's Loose Balls, either the Lakers or the NBA got an injunction cause he was still under a playing contract. Instead, he just coached, and not always at that.

Marc

Yeah he still had a year option with the lakers so he could only coach. They signed him to be a player/coach in the first place. I wonder if they still gave him the same amount of money.

kylekorversig1if2.png

Funny you should say that 'cause I was surprised to see Deion Sanders on NFL Network in the Falcons' old red helmet uni. I thought he was drafted after they went to the black.

98_1_b.JPG

Yeah, that's a perfect example of what I'm talking about.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Allen Iverson wore this his rookie year with the Sixers.

8376b637.jpg

The Sixers switched to this style the next year - note that the word mark is gold and that the shoulders are not extra-wide.

13allen.jpg

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

I like the Deion/Iverson "just before the unis changed" idea.. here's another good one. Terrell Davis played his rookie year in the old Orange Crush jerseys..

DavisTerrellSProokie.jpg

Sorry, didn't realize that'd be so big.

Here's another good one, though: Frank Thomas just before the White Sox went to their current black motif:

thomasleaf.jpg

366678430_f28e9d99de_o.jpg

Is it sad that I'm not shocked by Eric Dickerson being a Falcon, but rather being on the Radiers, Colts, and Rams? Sure I was a little young at the time to really know who he was, but I do know Eric Dickerson, as a Falcon was, (was) amzing in NFL Football '94 for my SEGA Genesis.

Ahh good catch Wilson, i think is a by product of alway having hockey on the brain. That being said, Eric Dickerson would have dominated in any NHL game as well, the man was that good.

SEAsig.png

Archived