New Ohio Stadium Turf

buckeyes

I'm not sure if this has been posted but ohio state is getting new turf. so far it looks nice, the new thing that i noticed the most was the red endzones, they used to be just green. what do you think? upgrade?

OldOhio_Stadium.jpg

New osufield.jpg

newsig.jpg

-The Few, The Proud, The Paint Users.-

Was it grass or fake before? I think the colored-in end-zones make it look way more fake than if they had kept it the same. Also, much like the home jerseys, it looks like the silver has once again taken the back seat.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Was it grass or fake before? I think the colored-in end-zones make it look way more fake than if they had kept it the same. Also, much like the home jerseys, it looks like the silver has once again taken the back seat.

Ohio State switched back to grass in the late 80s or early 90s after some time on artificial turf.

I always like colored endzones more. And I also like the colored logo at midfield. Upgrade IMO.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Is it me or does it seem like most of the Big 10 schools either already have or are going to field turf and away from natural grass for their football stadiums? :unsure:

Not sure if I'm liking this trend or not...

I don't know. I never smoked AstroTurf. ~Tug McGraw, when asked if he preferred grass or artificial turf.

Is it me or does it seem like most of the Big 10 schools either already have or are going to field turf and away from natural grass for their football stadiums? :unsure:

Not sure if I'm liking this trend or not...

It's not just you...we still have grass though...and will until JoePa finally leaves at the very least--hopefully after that too...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

In other artificial turf news, Oklahoma State will be staying with FieldTurf at Boone Pickens Stadium despite earlier plans to install a natural surface. A survey of the stadium was done recently and found that a sufficient amount of sunlight would not be able to reach the field in the fall due to the shadows created by the stadium and Gallagher-Iba Arena, and maintaining grass in those conditions would probably be too cost-prohibitive and result in a poor surface (a lot like the problems at Gillette Stadium).

502562946_b916772ef7.jpg

I had been hearing about Ohio State possibly changing to turf for several months. I guess that it turned out to be true.

This all came about after the Michigan game when players when the field was a disaster.

Mos def an improvement IMO.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

I actually flew over Ohio Stadium a couple weeks ago. Once I saw the grass was out and just a concrete slab I knew this was coming. I actually like that they are going back to colored end zones. Of course the whole field and markings are exacly the same as the astroturf field had. I like seeing it come back again.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I'm a Michigan fan, but Ohio Stadium's turf used to be pretty cool with the grass end zones and the plain silver "O" at midfield. The colored endzones are boring.

That said, last year the grass had a funny look where every 5 yards, the grass would change tint pretty drastically (at least on TV). It was a sharper contrast than the usual mowing-every-stripe-in-the-alternate-direction kind of thing. Maybe the FieldTurf will fix that, as well as making the field playable into November.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Looks like a carry-over from last season's jersey switch, which featured less gray. I don't mind the red end zones that much, but the lack of gray is disappointing. As someone previously said, it looks as if it could be Wisconsin.

Personally though, I always thought it was cool that both Ohio State and Michigan had green end zones with their trim colour (i.e. gray, maize) for the lettering with main colour (scarlet, blue) trim...

That said, last year the grass had a funny look where every 5 yards, the grass would change tint pretty drastically (at least on TV). It was a sharper contrast than the usual mowing-every-stripe-in-the-alternate-direction kind of thing.

Kinda like Oregon...

"Old folks"

scorepics-ca.jpg

Archived