2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not a fan of those islander unis. Blah. The whole edge jersey thing is hurting my soul.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

How come in this picture:

capnISL5.jpg

The front numbers are both on the left side...

But in this picture:

capnISL4.jpg

They're on the left on the white but on the right on the blue?

It's pretty certain that they only put the 08 on the left side of the jersey just for the composition of that picture.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I'm really liking those new Islander jerseys. Of course, I also loved the old orange alt.

On the 4 stripes on the shoulder, I always thought it meant they'd given up hope of winning any more Cups. Would they change it to 5 if they won this season?

The DiPietro pictures sure don't make the sweaters appear more form-fitting, or am I mistaken?

He isnt wearing any chest protector....

He's also wearing a goalie cut.

You know, they really aren't terrible. And, in fact, they're loads better than those orange prototypes leaked a while back.

I think that many of us are preconditioned to dislike change, but I think that the Islanders did something bold, yet clean and it definitely seems like a natural progression from their older set. While I would have preferred to see a return to royal blue myself, the more I look at those, the more I like them.

However, the drawstring is completely unnecessary. Have the Islanders ever used a drawstring? If not, it seems like kitsch for kitsch's sake.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

How come in this picture:

capnISL5.jpg

The front numbers are both on the left side...

But in this picture:

capnISL4.jpg

They're on the left on the white but on the right on the blue?

Why the numbers on the front? They have the number on the players back and both arms, isn't that enough??

However, the drawstring is completely unnecessary. Have the Islanders ever used a drawstring? If not, it seems like kitsch for kitsch's sake.

Wow. My first-ever double post. Incredible.

Anyway, I may as well follow up to this. They have:

IslandersBonus.gif

I guess the drawstring isn't so silly after all.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I'm not too sure I saw this here yet:

4883546b8bf38cd91a.gif

This was already posted and I think it was discussed that its fake. Does it really look real to you guys?

It looks incredibly fake to me

Yah...that podium looks real fake to me...and who is that guy on the right side? He looks like he was plucked from some Senate hearing or something.

Jersey looks nice though...

That's Lou Lamiorello. NJ's GM.

I'm not too sure I saw this here yet:

4883546b8bf38cd91a.gif

This was already posted and I think it was discussed that its fake. Does it really look real to you guys?

It looks incredibly fake to me

Yah...that podium looks real fake to me...and who is that guy on the right side? He looks like he was plucked from some Senate hearing or something.

Jersey looks nice though...

That's Lou Lamiorello. NJ's GM.

.... or Uncle Fester...

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived