"Official" 2007 College Football Thread

Drew22

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG......

And :censored: Jim Delany for keeping me from watching this.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

OMG......

And f*** Jim Delany for keeping me from watching this.

Question though... did Michigan still have timeouts? Appalachian State probably should have kneeled it to force Michigan to use them all before they went and kicked the FG.

LvZYtbZ.png

OMG......

And f*** Jim Delany for keeping me from watching this.

Question though... did Michigan still have timeouts? Appalachian State probably should have kneeled it to force Michigan to use them all before they went and kicked the FG.

I don't think it matters at this point, as Henne is doing a good enough job in stopping the clock by throwing all of those incompletion...

[edit] See? I go and jinx Appalachian State! :(

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

FTW!!!

Is Ann Arbor burning?

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Man, what a 3 game stretch for Michigan running into last year.

(1) Lose the "Game of the Century" (5th Edition)

(2) After waxing poetic how Florida took their place in the BCS Title Game, they get thumped by Southern Cal in the Rose Bowl

(3) Open up the season against the defending 1-... er "Championship Subdivision" (What a retarded name) champions at home and lose to them.

Who's putting Appalachian State in their Top 25 tonight? ^_^

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

I knew something was up when the good feeling didn't go away and then they just showed a score update and I got the biggest smile. Great job, App St!

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

(3) Open up the season against the defending 1-... er "Championship Subdivision" (What a retarded name) champions at home and lose to them.

Not to mention that it's cribbed from the second tier of English football. What's next, renaming I-A the Premier Subdivision?

Too bad Michigan can't be relegated to the Championship.

CCSLC signature.png

My girlfriend called the new "FCS" The "Fools Coming to get Slaughtered" League. Not so much I guess.

Here's the real kicker. I watched the game right up until Michigan got an interception with 4 minutes left. I figured that was it over and turned the channel. No way Michigan gives it away after taking the lead and getting a quick takeaway. I should have known better. After all Lloyd Carr is still coaching in Ann Arbor. Nice win for the Mountaineers. As an Ohio State alum it truly breaks my heart to see Michigan's National Championship hopes go down the tubes so quickly. Hope they don't take it out on us in November.

Get that resume ready Lloyd. Wow.

PS: Can we FINALLY get over Michigan now? I think they have made their case. They didn't deserve a shot at us in the championship game last year. Then they got hammered by USC in The Rose Bowl. Today they lose AT HOME to a 1-AA or FCS or whatever team. They were overrated then and they are clearly overrated now.

BB52Big.jpg

Now I'm watching one of two ACC conference games. BC and Wake Forest. Let's go BC! I'm pulling for BC but I think last year was a fluke for Wake Forest.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

The way Buckeye fans were talking back in January, especially some of y'all here, the biggest upset ever was Florida 41, Ohio State 14in the 2006 BCS National Championship.

Since the Buckeye fans are going to have a field day with this, and rightfully so, I gotta give y'all some :censored:. :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

And now Wisconsin's in a tight tussle with Wazzu.

If this were a video game, I'd bet Jim Delany would be frantically reaching for the "power/reset" button.

Today, we are all otaku.

WOW.... I am embarrassed to have grown up in the state of Michigan right now. Sure I went to Minnesota, but still... WOW.

It's OK. MSU hung 42 on UAB in 23 minutes earlier...

Ahahahah! From Jake Long's press conference, which ended just now:

"We just have to go back into the film room next week and look to correct our mistakes. We will go from there to get ourselves a National Title."

Keep dreaming, jefe...

Archived