new college 07-08 bball unis

Not the best picture but you can add Kent State to the list of schools adding black just for the sake of adding black, as debuted last night against Detroit Mercy...

A-MBB-Goode-12.jpg

Are you sure thats black and not navy blue?

Can't be possitive, but the picture from the game in our local paper today, sure made them look black as well.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Marquette throwbacks, according to UniWatch.

oldmarq-793420.jpg

Oh my. They should save those for the tournament and blind the competition off the court. It'd be a heck of a secret weapon.

Is this really a throwback? What year? All I remember were the years when Marquette had the over-the-waistband jerseys with the arrowheads on the sides, and the name below the number -- kind of like women's hoops in the 70s.

From the Marquette shop ...

17441-2.jpg17442-2.jpg17444-2.jpg

Those are freakin' sweet.

You guys should see these bad boys in person, they look even better!

I saw Marquette top IUPUI in those atrocities today... what's the deal with these? Are they here for good, or just for the year, or just for a little while? I thought Marquette had one of the nicest jersey sets in the NCAA, but then they bump those for these? This makes Depaul look classy.

Apparently pinstripes within numbers have been outlawed in eastern Washington. First the Cougs, and now this:

c3f95a7b-7e3d-4004-b925-602100868b29.jpg

Maybe a new NCAA rule? Although the zag jerseys look surprisingly good without the red stripe.

And thank you GU for avoiding both the clavicle stripes and system of dress. They should get a reward for standing up to Nike.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

I believe that Yale also has new uniforms this year. They're in keeping with most other 07-08 Nike uniforms insomuch as they have a tight jersey and seriously baggy shorts.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Utah doesn't have their name on their jerseys, they have UTAH.

Has this ever happened in college basketball before? I've only seen that collegiately in volleyball.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Has this ever happened in college basketball before? I've only seen that collegiately in volleyball.

Pittsburg State's women used to have the name of the school on the front and "Gorillas" over the number on the back. Close, anyways.

Also, if I can remember, I'll post a link to the site of the newspaper I work for. Fort Scott Community College's new men's home uniforms made their debut tonight and I think they're worth a look for one reason.

No words on the front of the jersey. In fact, no letters anywhere on the uniform. Just the player's number front and back. And little graphics of Greyhounds, one above the front number, another on the leg. Also some unique striping on the sides. They're made by And1.

P.S.: HATE Utah's uniforms. HAAAAAAAATE.

EDIT: Here's the link to the new Fort Scott uniforms....I guess you'd call them the asthetic opposite of Utah's

http://www.fstribune.com/story/1291161/photo/1112462.html

The little grey "smear" above the number is a Greyhound. I couldn't tell if it was the older logo with the Old-English style "FS" on it. If it was, then those are the only letters on the uniform other than the "And1" mark on the shorts.

Pittsburg State's women used to have the name of the school on the front and "Gorillas" over the number on the back. Close, anyways.

Also, if I can remember, I'll post a link to the site of the newspaper I work for. Fort Scott Community College's new men's home uniforms made their debut tonight and I think they're worth a look for one reason.

No words on the front of the jersey. In fact, no letters anywhere on the uniform. Just the player's number front and back. And little graphics of Greyhounds, one above the front number, another on the leg. Also some unique striping on the sides. They're made by And1.

P.S.: HATE Utah's uniforms. HAAAAAAAATE.

Agreed. Ugly fronts and backs.

ujsignature.png

Wow. It looks like non-solid numbers have officially been outlawed:

1541715.jpeg

So now we have WSU, Gonzaga, and Stanford all changing to solid block numbers. Any others?

washingtonst.gif

My teams

Old Tulane:

882145.jpg

New Tulane:

1530299.jpg

Not a huge fan of the old ones, but looks like this new one is a generic Nike template.

Those Auburn uniforms look ridiculous. Of course Russell Athletic is involved, so I guess that's a given.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

new uconn men's away uniforms in action

i really really like them, but my only gripe is the UCONN up the sides of the shorts... definately not needed.

33816400.jpg

33816397.jpg

33816387.jpg

and as an aside... did anyone catch that game last night? dyson completely SKIED on that dunk... too bad he was called for the offensive foul. dont think he really touched that defender though, he litterally flew over him.

new uconn men's away uniforms in action

i really really like them, but my only gripe is the UCONN up the sides of the shorts... definately not needed.

33816400.jpg

33816397.jpg

33816387.jpg

and as an aside... did anyone catch that game last night? dyson completely SKIED on that dunk... too bad he was called for the offensive foul. dont think he really touched that defender though, he litterally flew over him.

Ugh, those are the absolute worst. It's bad enough that they aren't tank tops, just sleeveless form-fitted t-shirts - but the infernal piping ACROSS THE NIPPLAGE AREA is insane.

Wow. It looks like non-solid numbers have officially been outlawed:

1541715.jpeg

So now we have WSU, Gonzaga, and Stanford all changing to solid block numbers. Any others?

Villanova. I posted a pic of their solid-numbered look somewhere in this thread. Prior to that, there was a numbering split that mimicked the split-V that's one of their official logos.

miniV.jpg

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

I don't think it's been mentioned yet, but Northwestern has new uniforms this year. Major changes: the font for "Northwestern" was changes as well as the side striping (hard to see in the pics; it was a tapered purple stripe last year and a black/purple/black stripe this year).

Old

NU06.jpg

New

NU07.jpg

I think it's a slight downgrade. I liked the cleaner look of last year's uniforms and the "Northwestern Ns" in the text. I would prefer the accent color to be grey rather than black.

Archived