sB9ijEj.png

Red Sox over Angels in 5

Yankees over Indians in 7

Cubs over D'Backs in 7

Rockies over Phillies in 5

Red Sox over Yankees in 6

Rockies over Cubs in 6

Rockies over Red Sox in 7

Nick, I think you maybe meant to say Yankees over Indians in 5, as the first round is only the best 3 out of 5 games.

Now for my predictions:

Indians over Yankees in 5 (Yankees have proven historically to lose when they are a wildcard, A-Rod will have yet another 3 for 21 or 5 for 22 post-season thus forever anchoring him as "Mister April")

Red Sox over Angels in 5 (Slight edge to Boston's pitching I think)

Phillies over Rockies in 5 (This series will have about 200 runs scored in the 5 games, between Coors Field West & Coors Field East aka Citizen's Bank Park)

D'Backs over Cubs in 5 (I realize the odds of all 4 LDS series going 5 games is slim to none, but all 8 teams seem so evenly matched. I give Arizona the edge for 2 reasons, 1 I suspect the Cubs will lose twice if having to face Webb twice thus requiring Arizona to only win 1 more game out of 3, and 2, this is the snakebitten Cubs we're talking about (pun intended).

LCS Predictions:

Red Sox over Indians in 6. Cleveland will make it a 2-2 series, but a playoff tested veteran team like the Sox will overtake the Tribe in the long run. Still a very nice story for Cleveland this season, to overcome the Twins who have been competetive the last several years, not to mention overcoming the last 2 American League Champions in the Tigers & White Sox.

Diamondbacks over Phillies in 6. Colorado is going to cause the Phillies starters and pen to be pretty wiped out and Arizona will come to have their way w/the Fightins.

World Series Predictions:

Red Sox in 7 over Arizona. For some reason, call it a gut feeling, I sense another 7 game series in which the home team will win all 7 games, not unlike 1987, 1991 and 2001.

As a baseball fan, I'd love to see Schilling go up against his former team, especially in Arizona. I'd be curious to see what kind of reaction the fans would give him. Of course if Boston & Philly should square off, we might get that too, but he's been gone from Philly for a very long time, although Philadelphia fans have very long memories, which would attest to why they hold an endless amount of grudges in the world of sports especially.

Regards,

Bill McD.

As a baseball fan, I'd love to see Schilling go up against his former team, especially in Arizona. I'd be curious to see what kind of reaction the fans would give him. Of course if Boston & Philly should square off, we might get that too, but he's been gone from Philly for a very long time, although Philadelphia fans have very long memories, which would attest to why they hold an endless amount of grudges in the world of sports especially.

Regards,

Bill McD.

Schilling is still more loved than not here (I personally still root for the guy), and often talks about how he wishes he could have come back instead of going to the Red Sox. One of the big rumors floating around is that he's going to push for a return next season, which now that Ed Wade isn't the GM, is a realistic possibility.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

ALDS

Red Sox over Angels in 4

Indians over Yankees in 5

NLDS

Cubs over Diamondbacks in 5

Phillies over Rockies in 4

ALCS

Indians over Red Sox in 6

NLCS

Phillies over Cubs in 7

World Series

Indians over Phillies in 6

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

ALDS

Red Sox over Angels in 4

Indians over Yankees in 5

NLDS

Diamondbacks over Cubs in 3

Rockies over Phillies in 5

ALCS

Indians over Red Sox in 6

NLDS

Rockies over Diamondbacks in 7

World Series

(The Curse of Rocky Colavito is history)

Indians over Rockies in 6

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

ALDS

Red Sox beat Angels in 5

Yankees beat Indians in 4

NLDS

Cubs beat Diamondbacks in 4

Phillies beat Rockies in 4

ALCS

Yankees beat Red Sox in 7

NLCS

Phillies beat Cubs in 6

World Series

Yankees beat Phillies in 5

In my heart of hearts, I'll have the Cubs winning it all of course :)

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

NLDS:

- Phillies over Rockies in 5

- D-Backs over Cubs in 4

ALDS:

- Yankees over Indians in 5

- Angels over Red Sox in 4

NLCS:

- Phillies over D-Backs in 6

- Yankees over Angels in 5

World Series

- Yankees over Phillies in 5

philly.png

Division Series

Yankees over Indians in 4 -- For some reason, I can't help shaking the feeling that A-Rod might be done with his postseason woes. I think Sabathia takes Game 1 for the Tribe, and the Bombers beat up on Fausto Carmona. Games 3 and 4 belong to New York as Clemens and Wang take care of business, and win the clinching game over Sabathia, pitching on short rest.

Red Sox over Angels in 3 -- Many people will call this a 'homer' pick. First, John Lackey cannot pitch in Fenway Park. Throw him up against the majors' only 20-game winner in the last two years, and Boston takes Game 1. While Kelvim Escobar poses a formidable challenge for the Sox lineup in Game 2, Daisuke Matsuzaka is just too on his game for it to matter. Anyone who's watched Dice-K over the last two weeks knows how much he's started to mix all of his pitches and keep hitters off-balance. And by the way, this will be the very first time the Angels face Matsuzaka. They'll be extremely confused at the plate, and the Sox go to Anaheim up 2-0. Game 3 will be the closest of the series. Jered Weaver will have a very hot start at home, possibly even no-hitting the Red Sox for the first four innings or so. Schilling will fall behind early, and it will be a one or two-run Angel lead going into the seventh, where the Angels' bullpen woes are exposed. Weaver is too inexperienced to go the distance, and the Sox take the lead in either the seventh or eighth.

Diamondbacks over Cubs in 5 -- The National League series are so incredibly hard to predict this year. All four teams come into the postseason with a great amount momentum and confidence. I think Arizona squeaks this one out with two quality starts from their ace, Brandon Webb. Carlos Zambrano will pitch adequately, but nothing deserving of his huge contract.

Phillies over Rockies in 4 -- Bottom line, I think the Rockies are just too worn out. Their pitching will not hold up. A great story up until now, but it won't go any further than the Division Series.

League Championship Series

Red Sox over Yankees in 6 -- And yet again, we come back to another Sox/Yankees ALCS. No, this one will not match 2004's edition -- instead, this will focus more on which starting staff can outlast the other, and the Yankees' age will start to show. The Bombers only have one quality starter under the age of 40 -- Chien-Ming Wang. When the Red Sox trot out Josh Beckett and Daisuke Matsuzaka in Games 2, 3, 5 and 6, the Sox will outlast and outpitch the Yankees, moving onto the World Series.

Diamondbacks over Phillies in 5 -- There's just something about this Arizona team that I love. I can't place my finger on it. They seem to have the energy necessary to get it done. (Having said that, they'll probably get bounced in the first round. Just my luck.)

World Series

Red Sox over Diamondbacks in 5 -- No, they won't get it done at Fenway, for the second straight time. They will, however, still bring home the trophy. During interleague play, the Sox went into the desert and played a very entertaining series with the D-backs, taking 2 of 3 games. The only game Arizona won was due to a quality start by the now-unavailable Randy Johnson. Boston outslugs and outpitches Arizona in this series and takes home the big prize.

ALDS

Red Sox d Angels in 4

Yankees d Indians in 5

NLDS

Phillies d. Rockies in 5

Cubs d. Diamondbacks in 4

ALCS

Red Sox d. Yankees in 6

Phillies d. Cubs 6

World Series

Red Sox d. Phillies in 6

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

ALDS

Yankees def. Indians in 4

Red Sox def. Angles in 5

NLDS

Phillies def. Rockies in 5

Cubs def. Diamondbacks in 4

ALCS

Yankees def. Red Sox in 6

NLCS

Phillies def. Cubs in 6