The OFFICIAL Weekly NFL Uniform Notes, Rants & Raves Thread

tBBP

The Rams won with navy pants today, didn't they?

Just wanted to point that out to that person that thinks its the pants fault that the Rams have lost so much this year.

Although, the Dolphins have now lost all 12 games this year in white pants. Gotta be the reason they suck. :D

It's injuries and Linedork as the primary causes, with bad pants-related karma being a secondary cause/creator of one of the primary causes (injuries).

I'll note that the friggin' Falcons with a friggin' 3rd string QB were in a position to score the go-ahead touchdown with a couple of minutes left. As the Rams almost gagged away a 21 point lead.

Based on my knowledge of Linehan's playcalling when faced with a deficit and little time, that go-ahead score would have won the game for the Falcons.

My point about the blue pants being bad karma remains....the blues merely jump to 2-a very large number.

Kind of like a broken clock being right twice a day. <_<

I want Linehan's eventual replacement to agree to wearing the golds every game. If you don't like it, I suggest you attempt to Tivo them in other pants and then "save until I delete".

the rams' gold pants are ugly. the white/blue look is very nice.

Rams nation disagrees.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to say, as a Vikings fan I've often said referred to their new-style uniforms as "clown suits." But as I watched the highlights from their game today, I've come to really like how they look -- and how they have yet to try a horrendous monochromatic purple look.

Of course, maybe I'd feel differently if they were losing.

Despite all of that, i'd still prefer they go permanently to the '77 throwbacks they wore earlier this year against Green Bay.

I have to say, as a Vikings fan I've often said referred to their new-style uniforms as "clown suits." But as I watched the highlights from their game today, I've come to really like how they look -- and how they have yet to try a horrendous monochromatic purple look.

Despite all of that, i'd still prefer they go permanently to the '77 throwbacks they wore earlier this year against Green Bay.

You know, as a modern uniform, I really like what the Vikes did, and I have no problem wearing my AD #28 jersey. you are right though, the throwbacks they wore this year were magnificent.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

The Jags were lookin dapper again, goin back to the more traditional look for them....

a2262503bc47565896e53762a9c495ae-getty-75558023sg026_carolina_pant.jpg

I love that look. It just works, and the uniqueness of them being the only team emphasizing teal makes it better, IMO.

The Jags were lookin dapper again, goin back to the more traditional look for them....

It's the Alltel 1995 Expansion Teams named after Cats Bowl.

They both look great.

The Jags look good, no matter what they wear.

The Panthers unis, like their team, look tired and drab. The white jersey, white pants, light blue socks look, is pretty soft.

Colorful day yesterday...lots of monochrome

Jets

Bengals

Broncos

Titans

Seahawks

Ravens

Me likey.

Plus the Cards wore their red pants too.

And, the Falcons will be in all black tonight as well.

Can I make a guess for next week? The Titans go with the all white (only used once in team history) look at KC. They are one of those teams that seems to think that changing the pants will help with luck, if they have lost a game or 2 in a row, so I think we may see all white soon. Just a hunch.

And, Houston will be in red jersey's for the first time this year on Thursday.

Can I make a guess for next week? The Titans go with the all white (only used once in team history) look at KC. They are one of those teams that seems to think that changing the pants will help with luck, if they have lost a game or 2 in a row, so I think we may see all white soon. Just a hunch.

The Titans have worn all-white three times: for 2002 home games against the Chiefs and Browns, and on the road in 2006 against the Shaguars.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

What happened to the purple pants?? They wore them twice last year and shelved them, which makes me wonder what was the point in redesigning the uniform in the first place. My understanding was the players liked them, so maybe it's that goofball Childress.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

The Titans have worn all-white three times: for 2002 home games against the Chiefs and Browns, and on the road in 2006 against the Shaguars.

They were in white-white for their home opener against the Eagles in 2002.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It's the Alltel 1995 Expansion Teams named after Cats Bowl.

They both look great.

The Jags look good, no matter what they wear.

Not in those all-black sets...

This is how I like the Jags - teal shirt, white pants, nice teal and black striping on pants. Excellent. The only thing that could make it better would be nice helmet stripes to match the pant striping.

now that is how the jags should look like on a daily basis. not teal jersey/black pants, black jersey/teal pants, black jersey, pants, socks, shoes and field. come to think of it what actually is their designated uniform set? every week I see a different combo.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Colorful day yesterday...lots of monochrome

Jets

Bengals

Broncos

Titans

Seahawks

Ravens

Me likey.

Plus the Cards wore their red pants too.

And for the 1st time in ages (1997 pre-season) the Broncos wore their Blue pants for a day game.. FINALLY!

I don't know. I never smoked AstroTurf. ~Tug McGraw, when asked if he preferred grass or artificial turf.

Archived