The OFFICIAL Weekly NFL Uniform Notes, Rants & Raves Thread

tBBP

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^ I love their all blues.

I wish they found a way to make those the road pants with a white jersey with orange stripe.

I love the Broncos homes but their aways are underwhelming.

That won't happen. That would mean a complete redesign of the jersey, which ain't happening.

I could see orange pants (with blue stripe to match white jersey) being added soon though, for the road uniform. Its also a part of their history, so the traditionalists might even be happy.

I have to say, as a Vikings fan I've often said referred to their new-style uniforms as "clown suits." But as I watched the highlights from their game today, I've come to really like how they look -- and how they have yet to try a horrendous monochromatic purple look.

Of course, maybe I'd feel differently if they were losing.

Despite all of that, i'd still prefer they go permanently to the '77 throwbacks they wore earlier this year against Green Bay.

You know, as a modern uniform, I really like what the Vikes did, and I have no problem wearing my AD #28 jersey. you are right though, the throwbacks they wore this year were magnificent.

I completely agree.

That uniform has dramatically grown on me since it was first introduced.

Another one that I've grown to love, but only in the alternate form, is the Atlanta Falcon modern look. I hate the red uniforms, but the black jersey, and helmet combo looks really nice IMO. I can even stomach the all black look as well.

In more helmet sticker news, Adrian Peterson was without his wishbone C yet again. Also, the Giants running back that had the 86 yard run was without the N on one side of his helmet, and one of his 4s on the front of his helmet.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

In more helmet sticker news, the other Adrian Peterson was without his wishbone C yet again. Also, the Giants running back that had the 86 yard run was without the N on one side of his helmet, and one of his 4s on the front of his helmet.

There...fixed that for you. (And everyone else who immediately thinks of THE Adrian Peterson upon seeing that name. :D )

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Is there any reason that the Patriots don't have the #21 on their helmet in memory of Sean Taylor? None of their players have it vs the Dolphins, but all the Dolphins do like normal.

It's probably because the back of the helmet looks ridiculous with three numbers on the back. They already have #91 Marquise Hill on the back, who died in a jet ski accident in Louisiana in the offseason.

^ I love their all blues.

I wish they found a way to make those the road pants with a white jersey with orange stripe.

I love the Broncos homes but their aways are underwhelming.

That won't happen. That would mean a complete redesign of the jersey, which ain't happening.

I could see orange pants (with blue stripe to match white jersey) being added soon though, for the road uniform. Its also a part of their history, so the traditionalists might even be happy.

If they had a white jersey with blue numbers and an orange swoosh down the side it would work with the blue. Wouldn't require too much design overhaul. I didn't think I'd like the idea of orange pants but then I realized how much I liked Boise State's Fiesta bowl look.

Is there any reason that the Patriots don't have the #21 on their helmet in memory of Sean Taylor? None of their players have it vs the Dolphins, but all the Dolphins do like normal.

It's probably because the back of the helmet looks ridiculous with three numbers on the back. They already have #91 Marquise Hill on the back, who died in a jet ski accident in Louisiana in the offseason.

Yeah but the Broncos have the #21 and they've got two numbers on there already for Darrent Williams and Damien Nash so I figure the Pats could do the same.

Yeah but the Broncos have the #21 and they've got two numbers on there already for Darrent Williams and Damien Nash so I figure the Pats could do the same.

Yeah, but remember this is the Pats we're talking about.

Yeah, but remember this is the Pats we're talking about.

Thats what I was wondering... hahaha

In watching the Jags vs Steelers game last night (live and in person, mind you), I couldn't help but sit up in those stands thinking to myself, "man, those Jags need a serious dose of TEAL in those road uniforms!" I mean, there I sat in my teal home jersey, the color by which the team is identified, and here they are on the road, in all this black--which would be one thing if their color scheme was limited to just that (and a bit of Vegas gold)...but the only teal even remotely evident was the tongue on the cat on the helmet. But you know...as I sat watching these Jaguars do what they do, a very weird thing happened...I started disconnecting myself from my adamant teal wishes and, for a very brief couple moments, the uniforms started actually looking pretty GOOD to me. BUT...then I looked back down at the one I was wearing and I woke back up. I mean...I don't hate the Jags' road look as is...I just hate that there is not one easily visible OUNCE of teal in them anywhere. At the very least...can we get the teal numbers back?

And on a whole 'nother note...WHY did Jon Gruden decide to trot out the Buccaneers in WHITE today? I mean, yes it's 75 degrees...but DAGGONE, man! Look at all the RED in the stands. I mean...Imma support the team regardless (same with the Blaguars)...but the home jerseys look SO much better! (And, again...here I sit, in the living room this time, in my red Buc jersey.)

One other thing, and this comes from watching the Sea Hawks and Redskins yesterday...do the 'Skins still have those white socks they used to wear with the burgundy pants? I don't think I've seen those socks in close to three years now.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

One other thing, and this comes from watching the Sea Hawks and Redskins yesterday...do the 'Skins still have those white socks they used to wear with the burgundy pants? I don't think I've seen those socks in close to three years now.

Pretty sure they wore them for some games this season.

In watching the Jags vs Steelers game last night (live and in person, mind you), I couldn't help but sit up in those stands thinking to myself, "man, those Jags need a serious dose of TEAL in those road uniforms!" I mean, there I sat in my teal home jersey, the color by which the team is identified, and here they are on the road, in all this black--which would be one thing if their color scheme was limited to just that (and a bit of Vegas gold)...but the only teal even remotely evident was the tongue on the cat on the helmet. But you know...as I sat watching these Jaguars do what they do, a very weird thing happened...I started disconnecting myself from my adamant teal wishes and, for a very brief couple moments, the uniforms started actually looking pretty GOOD to me. BUT...then I looked back down at the one I was wearing and I woke back up. I mean...I don't hate the Jags' road look as is...I just hate that there is not one easily visible OUNCE of teal in them anywhere. At the very least...can we get the teal numbers back?

And looking ahead, IF, and I know its a big IF, but IF the Jaguars advance to the Super Bowl, the AFC is the home team this year and have the option of jersey color-being that the Jags win all on the road wearing white jerseys and black pants, would Del Rio pull a Bill Cower and have them wear white with black instead of the home uniforms of teal jerseys and white pants.......??????????

And looking ahead, IF, and I know its a big IF, but IF the Jaguars advance to the Super Bowl, the AFC is the home team this year and have the option of jersey color-being that the Jags win all on the road wearing white jerseys and black pants, would Del Rio pull a Bill Cower and have them wear white with black instead of the home uniforms of teal jerseys and white pants.......??????????

Abso-:censored:in-lutely.

You see how much Del Rio built this team to model after the Steelers.

Why wouldn't he follow the same mindset of that same team, use the same "psychological" strategy, and hope for the same result? :P

BUT...this is all presuming these Jaguars can make it that far. And by the way...it ain't exactly the lock every single NFL analyst and expert (along with pretty much every fan outside of the Tennessee area) is making it that the Jaguars will be traveling up to New England to play the Patriots. How soon people forget...the Titans still have something to say about all this. And if they do win, they go to NE and the Jags head right back into their house of horrors...the RCA Dome.

Truth be told, though...I'd LOVE to see the Jags tilt against the Patriots, if only to see a/IF they can duplicate the pressure they put on Big Ben last night, and b/what that pressure could do the the glamour boy QB who don't like to get hit. Should be bery, bery interesting.

But back to the topic at hand, here...something else I noticed from that Sea Hawks/Redskins game was the 'Hawks glamming it up with all the neon green highlights...most notably their gloves and the cleats of pretty much most of the O-line and a couple of the other players, as well. Reminded me of Super Bowl Xtra Large. I thought it looked kinda cool.

Archived