2007-2008 MLB Offseason Thread

Audiodrama

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really? I don't get to watch either of them play much but a 3.75 ERA in the AL East is very respectable -- really good, even. And as I understand it, Tejada's lost a step, so that's pretty surprising to me. And good pitching is harder to come by than good hitting.

IUe6Hvh.png

And as I understand it, Tejada's lost a step, so that's pretty surprising to me. And good pitching is harder to come by than good hitting.

You could say Tejada has lost a step, but I think a change of scenery (to a winning team that is) would bring him back to MVP form. He really hasn't been the same since Palmeiro called him out for steriods. That offseason he requested a trade and since that he's looked like he's just been going through the motions. I personally think he could be a steal for any team that gets him, because he probably won't get what he's truely worth. But with that said I do want him gone, because I can't stand his lack of hustle.

Burnett would be a solid deal, but I'd much rather try and get a prospect. The O's need to rebuild and I don't think A.J. Burnett would be a good move for a rebuilding team. A big rumor here is that he could go to the Cubs (are we allowed to trade with anyone else?) for Felix Pie.

A big rumor here is that he could go to the Cubs (are we allowed to trade with anyone else?) for Felix Pie.

That will never ever happen.

The cubs have been talking about Pie since they drafted him. The cubs need a power hitter, but they aren't going to give up the prospect they've touted as much as Kerry Wood and Mark Prior.

I'd like Tejada in a cards uniform, but they don't have the trading chips to do it...and if htey do its too much in my eyes (Duncan/Reyes could get it done, but most teams trade talks with the cardinals start and end with Rasmus) ...unless they wanted Anthony Reyes straight up. Doubt that would happen...

Burnett for Tejada:

Didn't you say that you thought your current SS should win the gold glove? :P

Apparently Brad Lidge and Eric Bruntlett went to Philly for Michael Bourn, Geoff Geary, and Mike Costanzo.

Lidge > Gordon

Myers in the rotation > Myers closing

Geary being gone > Geary being a Phillie

but

Bruntlett < Bourn

philly.png

It's hard to find a player rumored to be on the block that the White Sox haven't been paired with, but a hot rumor has Miguel Cabrera going to Chicago for a package that includes Josh Fields and pitching prospects Gio Gonzalez and Lance Broadway.

Burnett for Tejada:

Didn't you say that you thought your current SS should win the gold glove? :P

I did! But Miguel Tejada is certainley an upgrade (offensively) over John McDonald, no?

I'd assume they would try to move Glaus to some other club, and stick Tejada at third.

The Cubs have traded Jacque Jones to the Detroit Tigers for Omar Infante. Apparently, (based on the ESPN article, at least), Infante is incidental, and his inclusion in the trade is secondary to Jones leaving the Cubs.

Rookie of the Year Awards are released:

Dustin Pedroia of the Boston Red Sox wins in the A.L.

Ryan Braun of the Milwaukee Brewers wins in the N.L. (only 2 points ahead of Tulowitzki)

So this means Matt Holliday should be the NL MVP because of how much value they put on offense over defense.

By the way, I'm not sure how many people saw this but it came out about a week ago that Dustin Pedroia played the final two months of the season with a cracked Hamate bone in his hand.

IUe6Hvh.png

The Cubs have traded Jacque Jones to the Detroit Tigers for Omar Infante. Apparently, (based on the ESPN article, at least), Infante is incidental, and his inclusion in the trade is secondary to Jones leaving the Cubs.

In fact, Infante is arbatration elgiable, and could be non-tendered, making this a pure salary-dump for the Cubs (they have to pay the $1 million bonus owed to JJ).

Rumors have the Cubs hot on signing Japaniese FA (no posting fee) RF Kosuke Fukudome, and turning over the CF duties to Felix Pie...

Moose

Archived