Thrift Store Gems '08

totc

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not from a thrift store, but below are some (clearly fake) soccer jerseys I picked up from random markets while in Togo. I never spent more than 3,000 CFA (about $6), and spent far less on most. All told, I got four jerseys for $13. Funny thing about Togo: on any day, nearly half of all men are wearing soccer jerseys. And for some reason, Chelsea was a particular favorite. Even with Togo's national hero Adebayor playing for Arsenal (or is it Barcelona? I don't know...), you saw only half the amount of Arsenal jerseys you did Chelsea. Weird.

IMG_1709.jpg

IMG_1712.jpg

IMG_1710.jpg

IMG_1713.jpg

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• 2 weeks later...

I picked this up a the Nike Outlet for $12 marked down from $65. I am just gonna use it for pick-up softball games. Was this part of a series? Either way $12 for any type of shirt is still pretty good.

dominicanOsMT.png

dominicanOsMTback.png

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

• 2 weeks later...
I got a Carmelo Anthony replica Nuggets jersey at AJ Wright for $15. Funny because I saw one at the flea market a few weeks ago for $20. I thought about buying it but, didn't really want to go above $15.

I found one a year ago for $1.98 at a Salvation Army. I don't even really like him, but I had to buy it (especially since it was my size).

I got a game worn University of Minnesota baseball jersey just like this one that's on ebay right now for $8 at Savers.

3791_1.JPG

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I got a game worn University of Minnesota baseball jersey just like this one that's on ebay right now for $8 at Savers.

3791_1.JPG

Nice find! Which Savers did you find that at? I usually go to the one on Lake Street, but I haven't been too impressed lately...

• 2 weeks later...

One of the local thrift stores here in Ann Arbor has been good to me in the past. I picked up this Florida Panthers semi-pro (I'm guessing) John Vanbiesbrouck sweater. Fully embroidered, not screen printed. Very nice, and it was only $3.99.

I've also found a replica New York Rangers sweater, with screen printed Messier 11 on the back. The lettering started peeling off so I got rid of it at a yard sale for $10, I only paid $1.50!

IMG_3965.jpg

IMG_3963.jpg

This one isn't a thrift store fine, but TJ Maxx has become my stomping grounds lately (for cheap clothes, not just jersey hunting). I found this one the other day. Very nice Puma Italia replica soccer jersey. Only $14.99 so I had to pick it up!

IMG_3966.jpg

IMG_3967.jpg

I have been finding so many sweet deals lately on all kinds of jerseys. Only problem is that they are all kids sizes. I found a flawless Marino jersey, from the early 90's. Awesome, awesome jersey, but it was too small. Same goes for countless hockey jerseys.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Man, you northern guys find all of the good stuff. I've been looking in some thrift stores down here in the South (I live in Alabama), and I haven't been able to find any jerseys outside of Little League and high school. They don't sell any jerseys at the TJ Maxx or Marshalls stores down here.

3791_1.JPG

Nice find! Which Savers did you find that at? I usually go to the one on Lake Street, but I haven't been too impressed lately...

I think I got it at Lake Street, although I may have been over in St. Paul off of 35E, as I did make the circuit and hit all of them looking for a particular Vikings jersey that week.

I also found a red and white checkered long sleeve Croatia soccer jersey that day that was just too small for me. It also had a name and number on it that was less than ideal. The name was "?uker", which everyone in Minnesota would have read as "Sucker". :D

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

• 1 month later...

Archived