Real-life movie screw-ups

Brass

Now since 'Miracle' messed up a little with the jerseys and beards, do you guys know of any movies (sports-realted or not) that have screwed up with things. I'm pretty sure in 'Apollo 13' the shuttle they used in real-life said, "United States" on it, but in the movie simply says "USA". Not too sure but almost positive it did.
On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

My favorite one is in the movie "Wall Street."  At the beginning of the film it is stated that the year is 1985, however later in the film a reference is made to the Challenger disaster which didn't take place until January, 1986.

"Sudden Death" is supposed to be in 1992 but it uses Pittsburgh logos and jerseys from 1993-2002.

Where evidence that it takes place in 1992?   I just assumed it was a fictional 1995 (or whenever the film came out)  Stanley Cup Final between Chicago and Pittsburgh.

Both team jerseys are lacking Stanley Cup patches on their jerseys.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Wouldn't they have to pay for the use of the "stanley cup" logo ??? ???

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Wouldn't they have to pay for the use of the "stanley cup" logo ??? ???

Well they're already paying for the use of two real teams and uniforms, as well as real players, and in a real arena.

Would the rights to a patch really cost that much more?

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

"Sudden Death" is supposed to be in 1992 but it uses Pittsburgh logos and jerseys from 1993-2002.

Where evidence that it takes place in 1992? I just assumed it was a fictional 1995 (or whenever the film came out) Stanley Cup Final between Chicago and Pittsburgh.

I was recalling a "goof" that used to be listed on this page: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114576/goofs.  It's not listed there anymore.

in rememer the titans the facemasks many of the players wore were horribley inaccurate like players wearing the quaterback facemask of today in 1972. Also in miracle there is a close up on one of the players skates. Not on the blade but on the thing that holds the blade, it has slipped my mind what it is called. says Tuik which I don't know if I'm right but am pretty sure was not around in 1980.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

In Fargo, when the two crooks come in from Brainerd into Minneapolis, they pass under a highway sign on I-35W heading into downtown Minneapolis.

The problem, I learned after moving here, then seeing it again, is that the sign in question is actually south of downtown, which would be odd coming form Brainerd, which is definitely north of the Cities.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

In "Field of Dreams", Shoeless Joe Jackson (Ray Liotta) bats right and throws left.  The real Jackson batted left and threw right.  They got Shoeless Joe right in "Eight Men Out", but they messed up on Dickie Kerr - the one starting pitcher not in on the fix.  Kerr in the movie is a righthander.  In real life, Kerr was a lefty.  

I won't go into Cpl. Klinger wearing a 1970's Texas Rangers cap (as a Toledo Mud Hens cap) in 1950's Korea in the TV series "M*A*S*H".

In "Field of Dreams", Shoeless Joe Jackson (Ray Liotta) bats right and throws left. The real Jackson batted left and threw right. They got Shoeless Joe right in "Eight Men Out", but they messed up on Dickie Kerr - the one starting pitcher not in on the fix. Kerr in the movie is a righthander. In real life, Kerr was a lefty.

I won't go into Cpl. Klinger wearing a 1970's Texas Rangers cap (as a Toledo Mud Hens cap) in 1950's Korea in the TV series "M*A*S*H".

I love Field of Dreams. And I read the book Shoeless Joe on which it is based, and it's very good as well.

In Fargo, when the two crooks come in from Brainerd into Minneapolis, they pass under a highway sign on I-35W heading into downtown Minneapolis.

The problem, I learned after moving here, then seeing it again, is that the sign in question is actually south of downtown, which would be odd coming form Brainerd, which is definitely north of the Cities.

Maybe there is a deleted scene where we see them driving too far and having to make a U-turn.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Archived