Soccer/Football Kits 08/09

zjac7

In other news, Norway unveiled a new crest and kit today:

norway-new-crest.jpg

I see that Nike has already started influencing the Umbro brand. It would have been a lot better without the shoulder piping.

I wouldn't blame Nike for this kit; they (unlike adidas and Umbro) tend to make, well, tasteful kits. No, I'd pin this blunder squarely on Umbro.

I really like the new Norway crest. It's sharp, though I can't recall the previous crest.

norway-badge.jpg

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Valencia

vcfedited2gq8.jpg

valenciavisitantevezh3.jpg

I believe that those are concept shirts, not actual new kits.

Football Shirt Culture's forums are very confusing. My bad.

That's the reason why I never rely on their forums. I simply look to their actual site for information. Well, there and some other sites.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

New Olympique Marseille change kit was debuted today. It's my new favorite.

montageawayxf6.jpg

Wow those look great, a really different idea. I would definitly wear one of those but I'm not to sure if it is more approaite for the golf course or the pitch

In other news, Norway unveiled a new crest and kit today:

norway-new-crest.jpg

I see that Nike has already started influencing the Umbro brand. It would have been a lot better without the shoulder piping.

I wouldn't blame Nike for this kit; they (unlike adidas and Umbro) tend to make, well, tasteful kits. No, I'd pin this blunder squarely on Umbro.

I really like the new Norway crest. It's sharp, though I can't recall the previous crest.

norway-badge.jpg

That's the one they wore on shirts, but the actual federation crest was this:

20080520130229!Norway_national_football_team_logo.png

Which, as noted, is incorporated into this excellent new crest.

Why are so many new badges so plain? Is it to keep production costs down? I know it's a complicated mismash of elements and the green was just slapped on it to appeal to Irish/Catholic fans, but Liverpool's badge and similarly-styled ones remind me of the tradition of the clubs, because they're so obviously the result of a long evolution. I'd only like to see some clubs add a bit of depth to their badges, like most American logos. (And like Arsenal did, sorta, and several clubs in Russia.)

umm...the green above the Liver bird in the crest represents the Shankley gates

I know that. I just like to get Liverpool fans fired up. :P:D

BTW I agree with you that the best badges contain symbols that represent the club's history, local reference (ground, city, county, whatever).

I don't know much about British trademark law. Couldn't Arsenal have just trademarked the name "Arsenal" on the badge, even though the other elements were just generic heraldic symbols?

In the USA, Australia etc. club names are protected by trademark law.

, and the torches represent Hillsborough. More here on Wiki and also on Liverpool's site. Which just backs up your point that many crests have symbols that stand for something and should be more than just fancy new-school graphic design works (hi, Portsmouth!) but the issue is that in many cases the teams can't copyright the more traditional heraldic crests, and are forced to modernize or lose out on part of their intellectual property. It's what Arsenal had to do.

also, new West Ham kit is trying to battle against Cech's new keeper uniform in a race to see who can blind more people.

Avert your eyes!

LOL! I like the shade of blue (compared to pale Man City/Lazio blue) but contrasting shorts/socks are needed! The stripes don't do anything to highlight the badge, though. Would have been better if the stripes were raised so the badge was on the white portion only.

New Olympique Marseille change kit was debuted today. It's my new favorite.

montageawayxf6.jpg

When did United Colors of Benetton buy out Adidas?

I really hope that every single OM player wears white boots (as in the photo) with these barfbag kits LOL!

Love the new Norway crest. It looks a tad more like a club team's crest, but I think that's part of what works for it. Brilliant stuff.

Yeah, big win for Norge! Love the American-inspired subtle 3D effect.

Will this be a new trend in Europe?

[i don't know much about British trademark law. Couldn't Arsenal have just trademarked the name "Arsenal" on the badge, even though the other elements were just generic heraldic symbols?

In the USA, Australia etc. club names are protected by trademark law.

The problem isn't that "the other elements were just generic heraldic symbols" (which they weren't), but that the club had lost track over the years as to who exactly designed it. They could trademark it, but not copyright it.

Looks like Norway has decided not to use the new logo.....

After massive complains by the Norwegian people about the new design, the NFF President Sondre Kfjord promised that feedback will be taken into account in a further process of developing a new emblem. The launch of a new emblem on Tuesday has provoked strong debate in the last few days. The NFF management is using the points of view that have come out as a background to the debate, and concluded that the teams will play with the flag on their shirts until a new emblem is finally ready.

"We have decided to work to develop a new emblem to include the flag, so that players can continue to play with the flag on their shirt", said the President. The debate has confirmed a strong engagement with Norwegian

international football and the position of football in Norway.

"The engagement shows that the national teams are important flag-bearers for the Norwegian people, and there are many people who are not pleased with the new emblem and want the flag back on the shirts, so it's something we have to take seriously. I can promise that the contributions will be taken into account in the further process to shape a unique identity for Norwegian international football", said Kfjord.

champs1wg.png

untitled2.jpg

untitled.jpg

I know its not a kit, but didnt want to start a new thread....Has anyone seen the alt logo for chivas usa?:

chivasalt.jpg

Yeah, I've seen it on some t-shirts from a few years ago. It's nothing new.

Archived