Soccer/Football Kits 08/09

zjac7

Aston Villa confirms it will wear the logo of Acorn Children's Hospice on its shirts next season:

http://www.avfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsD...1322713,00.html

Hahah only the villains would be associated with dying children.

Hahahaha! Childhood cancer is hilarious! <_<

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Aston Villa confirms it will wear the logo of Acorn Children's Hospice on its shirts next season:

Extremely poor, poor taste. Typical Brum fan, I presume?

Anyway, good for Villa for taking on a noble cause. Better than seeing the latest insurance conglomerate or other faceless megacorporation emblazoned on the front of the kit.

Extremely poor, poor taste. [Typical Brum fan, I presume?

Anyway, good for Villa for taking on a noble cause. Better than seeing the latest insurance conglomerate or other faceless megacorporation emblazoned on the front of the kit.

Well, seeing as they are relegated, I suppose that was Birmingham City best attack all year?

Great move by Aston Villa. It will definitely help the charity get some exposure. I think with the money poured into the Premier League, Aston Villa can definitely afford to do it.

I saw, I came, I left.

Extremely poor, poor taste. Typical Brum fan, I presume?

Sorry I didn't mean to offend anyone with my joke, I didnt mean to insult Aston Villa either, just make a joke about the nickname of 'the villains'. It was in bad taste. And if you need to know I support Arsenal

the everton home kit is nice, very similar to what we've come to expect....the white shirt is a little rough, though. clearly umbro's thing this year...similar to england red jerseys, but im just not feeling it here. last year's white shirt was great looking, i thought--very clean. wonder if theyll go dark blue for a 3rd kit again or what...dissapointed in the white. oh well, coyb..

everton.png

Kicking off big time about the Everton shirt with the pics being posted on the fan sites, the club are going mental and Ian Ross is getting some serious :censored:, hope he has a good filter on his email inbox

logo.png

Don't know - not a fan of those clavicle stripes.

And I'm starting the betting now - Everton will have a new crest within three years. Something with Prince Rupert's Tower, but cleaner.

I'm usually not a fan of redone crests, but i've got to say that Everton has needed one for the longest time.

And the clavicle stripes are better than that ridiculous asymmetric "diamond" piping on the shoulders sported last year (and by most Umbro teams).

Here's Arsenal's new home kit for the 2008-09 season:

arsenal_2008_2009_home_nike_kit_leaked.jpg

This is an official (leaked) image which all but confirms that Arsenal will be wearing the above kits for the upcoming season. I hated them at first, but they're beginning to grow on me.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Nope, still don't like them.

They're nice and all for any other team, but I can't abide losing the white sleeves - they are Arsenal.

I'm gonna miss the all-white sleeve. This uni is kind of a throwback to the black-piped kits they wore when Henry first arrived.

This one?

2.jpg

I can see it, but that shirt had proper white sleeves. Even if the body had some white on it as well.

This is the shirt I immediately thought of when this new one was leaked, the 2000-2001 with the raglan sleeves:

Ljungberg2002_L.jpg

Looks like Aston Villa is using the same template as Arsenal.

newvillafm2.jpg

And considering that "claret with blue sleeves" is as much Villa as "red with white sleeves" is Arsenal, I don't like it for the Villans either.

the new Arsenal home shirt, by itself, as a computer-rendered version looked bad....it's getting better seeing it in a real picture on players with white shorts, but it's still not as good as it could be.

honestly, this year's homes were much better for Arsenal and Villa - though, agreed, they're taking on the Children's Hospice sponsorship more as a promotion for that company because they're doing it for free. In this day and age of sponsorships, that's just as huge as the fact that they're advertising a Children's Hospice.

and I've got one of those 98-99 home Arsenal jerseys, the last one to have JVC sponsorship. The quality of it is way higher than most of my newer jerseys, it's almost shocking.

harperdc.gif

I'm really disappointed with the new Arsenal kits. They're a major downgrade from the past two years.

I don't mind that template for Aston Villa, though. I think it's because the claret comes up to incorporate the collar. I can't say that Arsenal would look any better, though, if the collars were white like the sleeves.

And shorts & socks...

home20kitsh2.jpg

In addition, here's the GK kit from the same catalog:

goalkeeperkx5.jpg

Archived