Soccer/Football Kits 08/09

zjac7

New Spain 3rd shirt for 2008-09:

spain-3rd-08-09-shirt-euro_2008.jpg

Wow, that's ugly. How can the same company that turns the greatness that is the new Marseille kit also make France's home strip and the above Spain shirt? The designers over at adidas need to get their :censored: straight. Are they committed to following good design trends or do they want to end up like Lonsdale?

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply
New Olympique Marseille change kit was debuted today. It's my new favorite.

montageawayxf6.jpg

I am so buying one of these...my first French jersey in the collection :)

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

How can the same company that turns the greatness that is the new Marseille kit also make France's home strip and the above Spain shirt? The designers over at adidas need to get their :censored: straight. Are they committed to following good design trends or do they want to end up like Lonsdale?

I honestly don't think that Spain jersey is too bad. I wouldn't buy one, but it doesn't make me want to gouge my eyes out with a dull spork.

As for the question of how adidas can turn out great kits like OM's on one hand and others like Spain's is probably a question of the organization involved. Something tells me that OM had a bigger hand in the design of their kits than the Spanish football federation did.

As for the question of how adidas can turn out great kits like OM's on one hand and others like Spain's is probably a question of the organization involved. Something tells me that OM had a bigger hand in the design of their kits than the Spanish football federation did.

You could be right. Like the NHL and Reebok - some teams took what Reebok offered out of hand, others sent the designs back and insisted on revisions.

I love that Marseille kit. Really beautiful. Same basic template as Chelsea and Liverpool, but the contrast stripes and argyle shading make it work.

montageawayxf6.jpg

This makes it official: When they make stuff like this, Adidas has no excuse for coming out with the crap that they've been coming out with.

Not really digging the new Spain kit...oh and the new Olympique Marseille Argyle kits are amazing!

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

The Spain shirt is allegedly a fake. Twas not Adidas that designed it.

And who exactly alleges that this jersey is fake? The jersey simply hasn't been officially debuted.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

montageawayxf6.jpg

This makes it official: When they make stuff like this, Adidas has no excuse for coming out with the crap that they've been coming out with.

Exactly. Only thing I have a minor gripe with is the empty space at the bottom of the sleeves where the league patches will go. Looks like something is missing if the shirt is purchased without patches. Otherwise, it is a piece of art....

"We root for the laundry"

(Jerome Seinfeld)

Well I'm confused about the Spainish shirt because they came out with the vegas/mustard change not too long ago, so it couldn't be replacing that, and I've yet to see a third jersey in soccer [please correct me if I'm wrong]. So I wouldn't be suprised to find this truely is a fake.

You could be right. Like the NHL and Reebok - some teams took what Reebok offered out of hand, others sent the designs back and insisted on revisions.

Yeah, I can't believe how many people bash Adidas, Nike, Reebok or whoever about uniform changes in any sports.

First and foremost, blame starts and stops at the particular organizations.

In addition to the option of being part of the design process themselves, there are usually multiple design options presented to the organization, and furthermore, any number of those designs to be tweaked with further revisions at that point. If something unpleasing passes through all those steps, the blame lies with the team for choosing that over the other options, not that designer/manufactuer of the garmet.

The Spain shirt is allegedly a fake. Twas not Adidas that designed it.

And who exactly alleges that this jersey is fake? The jersey simply hasn't been officially debuted.

Everyone on the Colours of Football forum seems to think it's fake - most likely because the first place it was ever seen was in a Thai counterfeiter's store on eBay. Additionally, the collar is different and simpler than the new adidas shirts. Believe what you want, but I'd bet the bank that Spain never plays a solitary match in this shirt.

Well I'm confused about the Spainish shirt because they came out with the vegas/mustard change not too long ago, so it couldn't be replacing that, and I've yet to see a third jersey in soccer [please correct me if I'm wrong]. So I wouldn't be suprised to find this truely is a fake.

Most club teams have a 3rd kit, as do some national teams. In fact, Spain even had a blue 3rd shirt for 2004-05, so it's really quite commonplace.

Valencia

vcfedited2gq8.jpg

valenciavisitantevezh3.jpg

I believe that those are concept shirts, not actual new kits.

In other news, Norway unveiled a new crest and kit today:

norway-new-crest.jpg

Archived