Dear NHL, NBA, and NFL...I Can't Wear Your Hats Anymore

rmackman

It seems I'm being pushed out of sports related clothing. I've noticed for a long time that jerseys were getting bigger and bigger. I still try to find older style jerseys that I can get in 44 because the NFL doesn't even make anything less than a 48. Thankfully baseball still has stuff for smaller sizes.

The problem has now extended to hats. Every draft cap for the NHL, NBA, and NFL is a Reebok stretch fit for "one size fits all." Well...obviously not. Those stretch hats are made to fit people 7 1/4 and above. I wear a size 7. They left out the 6 7/8 and size 7 market in making these new hats. I've heard they're too tight on size 8 people as well. So it should say one size fits 7 1/4 to 7 3/4.

The hats are too big, the jerseys are too big. So now what? I guess I'm just S.O.L. Okay I'm done griping. :cursing:

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I'm in you're boat, I wear a 7 hat now, and that's probably a size to big. The only jerseys I really buy nowadays are soccer shirts which fit me fine. I guess you need to start eating at Burger King and McDonalds on a regular basis :rolleyes:

1zqy8ok.gif

I'm with you. Size 7 hat and a L or XL shirt. I get hats that cover my whole forehead and ears and short sleeve jerseys that hang down to my wrists and knees.

KISSwall09.jpg

The worst part is at least for the team issue ones I don't have to pay for them and I can't friggin wear 'em.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I think the plethora of New Era fashion caps has ruined MLB caps for me. I've seen so many since I started watching "America's Best Dance Crew."

Anyway, I have no idea what my head/hat size is. I own one NCAA hat, and it's a little snug, but it is also a "One size fits all" hat, called a FlexFit, I believe. So I'm just going to guess that I'm in that range, but of course, I sympathize for your problem and hope that accomodations can be made.

Those Reebok OSFA Flexfit hats are garbage. When I grabbed one of those things to wear on the sideline for the Falcons preseason game this summer, I had to borrow a trainer's scissors to cut the sweatband to get the thing to feel somewhat comfortable. However, I don't wear any of my Reebok Falcons' hats because I don't like the way that they feel.

I have that problem with football jerseys. I bought a Large, because that's what size T-shirt I wear(rockers wear 'em snug, don'tcha know), but that damn thing is HUGE! I do have the hat problem, though. Tall dudes need hats for tall dudes(read: Depth to cover our five-heads, not just circumference). Most jerseys are long enough for me, with the exception of hockey, of course(sleeves).

Edit: I think I may need to rethink my liberal use of parentheses.

Sigs are for sissies.

I honestly don't see the problem.

The standard flex fit hats always fit me, I always buy a 2XL/54 jersey and they fit just fine (and I wear 2XL shirts).

I just don't see any problems with it... maybe you should buy the larger 'youth' sizes if it's really that much of a problem.

Damn, I wish I had your problem. Wearing a 8 1/8 hat, and needing something in the 3-4 XL range just for the length isn't much fun.

well when you are the 7ft resident here I understand. But I wear a 7 3/8 and have a XL for jerseys and they fit just fine

The standard flex fit hats always fit me, I always buy a 2XL/54 jersey and they fit just fine (and I wear 2XL shirts).

I just don't see any problems with it... maybe you should buy the larger 'youth' sizes if it's really that much of a problem.

everybody is different.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Uhh...that's because you're different size than he is. The flex fit hat doesn't fit him, even though it's supposed to be a "one size fits all" and 7 is a rather normal size.

I'm a 7 1/8-7 1/4, so the one flex-fit I have is fine. However, I echo his sentiment on the jerseys...I'm 5'11" 160ish and a 48 is just a little too big. Reebok does make a 46 in NFL authentics, but they tend to be made in extremely fewer quantities and only for the best-selling jerseys. Plus, you can't get a customized authentic in a 46.

Please, Reebok...give us smaller guys who don't want to look ridiculous in jerseys a break!

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Archived