NHL Jersey Discussion - 08-09 3rds

oakland ehs

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So according to this website and icethetics and other various sources, the Sabres new third jersey is going to be the old one with the navy blue as opposed to royal blue, with silver outlines, so that it matches the current set. However, there has been some debate on the sabres boards.

To begin with, this is the logo they're using for their puckdrop event; the opening of training camp:

puckdropLOGO.jpg

Then, somebody noticed this close up graphic on the side of the page. Quoted from a member of sabresfans:

"I don't know if this was brought up already, but on the Sabres website on the right hand side they have the puck drop advertisement and the background lookls like a closeup of the new jersey and the top of the logo. The logo appears to have a silver ring around it but the top is yellow...could it really be the slug between two swords?"

And here is the graphic:

puckdrop-INSIDER-2.jpg

What do ya'll think? Do you see it, or are we just grasping for straws?

Ya, I see it and so did everybody else a while ago.

http://bp0.blogger.com/_r8tWGVHrjGI/SJBtf4...h/bufsabres.jpg

That will be the Sabres new alternate logo. It's blurry but someone here made a clearer and bigger version of the logo. It's in a thread....somewhere.

"I don't know if this was brought up already, but on the Sabres website on the right hand side they have the puck drop advertisement and the background lookls like a closeup of the new jersey and the top of the logo. The logo appears to have a silver ring around it but the top is yellow...could it really be the slug between two swords?"

And here is the graphic:

puckdrop-INSIDER-2.jpg

The yellow in the classic is going to be "slug yellow". the close up you're seeing is the top of the circle, not the top of the slug.... scary though eh?

franchise.jpg

So instead of just changing their pants when they wear their third, they decided to add silver and change the blue and yellow on their classic uniform. Wow. Puke yellow with silver and navy blue. Sounds absolutely gross...... They should have just updated their original logo to something resembling celcius version with the swords extending out of the circle and been done with it. That's the only thing that needed an update.

DEATH TO REEBOK

According to this (in French), the Habs will wear vintage uniforms twice in the season.

November 15th, against the Flyers, they will wear their 1915-1916 uniform.

February 1st, against the Bruins, they will wear their 1912-1913 uniform.

I wonder if they'll go with tan-colored shorts...

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

According to this (in French), the Habs will wear vintage uniforms twice in the season.

Wow, if that is true we are going to see something like this:

can1912front.png

1912-13

can1915front.png

1915-16

JerseyDatabase.com - I'm that guy...

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but the Wild beat writer says they won't have a third jersey this coming season...but will have a mascot!

"One other thing: I?ve gotten a number of emails this summer regarding when the Wild will unveil its third jersey. The Wild is not having a third jersey this season but is exploring one for 2009-10.

OK one other thing: The Wild will have a mascot next season. It will be unveiled Oct. 5. The release is below the roster."

Something must be wrong with that article as it only talks about how the team wants to retire Roy's #33.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but the Wild beat writer says they won't have a third jersey this coming season...but will have a mascot!

"One other thing: I?ve gotten a number of emails this summer regarding when the Wild will unveil its third jersey. The Wild is not having a third jersey this season but is exploring one for 2009-10.

OK one other thing: The Wild will have a mascot next season. It will be unveiled Oct. 5. The release is below the roster."

Inexcusable.

I'll believe it when I see it. I call shenanigans.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Something must be wrong with that article as it only talks about how the team wants to retire Roy's #33.

Go to the very end of the article:

Maillots rétro

Par ailleurs, le Canadien va profiter des célébrations du centenaire pour dépoussiérer quatre de ses anciens chandails. Cette saison, les joueurs montréalais vont enfiler des maillots rétro à deux reprises, une première fois le 15 novembre contre les Flyers de Philadelphie et une deuxième fois le 1er février contre les Bruins de Boston.

Dans le premier cas, c?est le maillot de la saison 1915-16 qui sera porté par les joueurs du Canadien. La deuxième fois, les Montréalais vont patiner en arborant le chandail de la saison 1912-13.

For those of you that don't speak french, pollux posted the key info in english.

So instead of just changing their pants when they wear their third, they decided to add silver and change the blue and yellow on their classic uniform. Wow. Puke yellow with silver and navy blue. Sounds absolutely gross...... They should have just updated their original logo to something resembling celcius version with the swords extending out of the circle and been done with it. That's the only thing that needed an update.

The Sabres third is actually the opposite of gross. As someone who has been completely anti-retro, I think the 3rd is sick.

Archived