NHL Jersey Discussion - 08-09 3rds

oakland ehs

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can comfirm that is the Oilers 30th Anniversary logo, however I doubt it will be the jersey patch.

It uses the retro colors, but the "celebrating 30..." part has a silver background.

Something similar to this?...

edmlogohm4.gif

On a sidenote, the Oilers will retire Glenn Anderson's #9 when Edmonton hosts Phoenix (who else?) on 1/18/09.

6uXNWAo.png

Without reading through this whole thread (I've read the last 3 pages or so), does anyone know if we'll be seeing this returning this season?

I'm going to guess that if that blog didn't have anything on it, then the answer is no...which disappoints me.

article_13018_2.jpg

One of the greatest alternates of all time.

i own that alt[well maybe not that particular one but a replica version]. ^_^

the only thing that bugged me about that alt was the lack hemstripes. i always felt it was incomplete.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

One of the greatest worst alternates of all time.
fixed

Umm this was the worst, not that beautiful thing Brian Leetch was wearing.

<WILDWING JERSEY IMAGE REMOVED>

Yes, that right there is the worst, but I made your post say the rangers one is one of the worst. Because it is.

First off, the blue doesnt match the pants, or the blue on the regular rangers jerseys. The silver is unnessicary. The silver drop shadow looks bad. The butchered version of the shield they used is bad and doesnt look right as a shoulder patch (why on earth was the part with the N like that?). Its an overall bland design with no hem stripes, and a very basic sleeve design. The statue of liberty logo is the best part, and even then, its not that good (NYR? Thats as bad as the PHX or PHILA.)

oBIgzrL.png

I can comfirm that is the Oilers 30th Anniversary logo, however I doubt it will be the jersey patch.

It uses the retro colors, but the "celebrating 30..." part has a silver background.

Something similar to this?...

edmlogohm4.gif

On a sidenote, the Oilers will retire Glenn Anderson's #9 when Edmonton hosts Phoenix (who else?) on 1/18/09.

Yeah... I was replying to that being posted in the article.

From sabres.com:

This takes place on september 20th.

When the Sabres hit the ice for their first full practice of the season, fans will get their first look at the team?s new third jersey that will make its debut during the 2008-09 NHL season. The jersey features a modernization of the team?s vintage design elements, while incorporating the latest in sports uniform technology. Fans will be able to pre-order the new jersey at a kiosk in the Sabres Store.

2004RedSox.png

fixed

Yes, that right there is the worst, but I made your post say the rangers one is one of the worst. Because it is.

First off, the blue doesnt match the pants, or the blue on the regular rangers jerseys. The silver is unnessicary. The silver drop shadow looks bad. The butchered version of the shield they used is bad and doesnt look right as a shoulder patch (why on earth was the part with the N like that?). Its an overall bland design with no hem stripes, and a very basic sleeve design. The statue of liberty logo is the best part, and even then, its not that good (NYR? Thats as bad as the PHX or PHILA.)

you are so off the mark here its rediculous

the shield logo doesnt work as a patch? that logo ONLY works as a patch!

bland design? one of the sharpest designed jerseys ever. and the "NYR" isnt akin to using "PHX" since NY is such a common abbreviation as LA is; NYR works very much like "NYC"

First, this should be the Rangers' Alt jersey.

pp-EspositoPhil.jpg

Second, this looked so good and proves their crest works as a big, jersey logo.

000345678.jpg

This has to be one of my all time favourite jerseys on one of my all time favourite players. VIVA LA WAPPO!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

fixed

you are so off the mark here its rediculous

the shield logo doesnt work as a patch? that logo ONLY works as a patch!

bland design? one of the sharpest designed jerseys ever. and the "NYR" isnt akin to using "PHX" since NY is such a common abbreviation as LA is; NYR works very much like "NYC"

Umm...

The shield was never used on the jersey, except for a bit in the 70s...and it didnt last long. So, based on history, it doesnt belong on a jersey at all especially that bastardized version of it. The normal one might work, but not that thing.

Yes, NYR is akin to using PHX. Its not a good abbreviation. Its only used when showing scores. Is it used anywhere else? No. So in a way its actually worse than PHX. NYC would be a better choice, but still, abbreviations do not belong on a hockey jersey, or almost any, for that matter.

Sharpest jersey design ever? Hardly. It is bland. What is there to it? One kind of thin white line that slants diagonally with a silver strip in it, and red below it. Thats it. There is nothing to it. The silver makes no sense at all, and is only there because it is in the bad logos on the jersey. (Dont get me started on how awful the silver drop shadow also looks). That, and the navy blue does not match the royal blue on the pants and that the rangers used through their entire history.

If one of us is off the mark, it certainly is not me. That jersey is awful, the logos on it are bad, and it does not fit the Rangers.

oBIgzrL.png

pp-EspositoPhil.jpg

You know what? That's a damn good point. Since the Rangers have gone back to lace-up collars, and eliminated the spaces between their stripes, this would both provide enough of a contrast, while keeping consistent with the team's traditional identity. Plus, it taps into the throwback craze - even if it is a throwback to when the team sucked.

That said, I've got no qualms with the Lady Liberty alt.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

pp-EspositoPhil.jpg

You know what? That's a damn good point. Since the Rangers have gone back to lace-up collars, and eliminated the spaces between their stripes, this would both provide enough of a contrast, while keeping consistent with the team's traditional identity. Plus, it taps into the throwback craze - even if it is a throwback to when the team sucked.

They could do that. It's what all teams are doing these days, bringing in an alt jersey that's almost identical to the home jersey. But that would mean everything Lady Liberty would be completely gone since you can't have 2 alts. It would be such a waste of a great logo.

This may be a stupid question, but it's somewhat related. Since the hockey games are coming out in a few weeks, are the 3rds on there? I remember last year, they were absent, but a code was released when the jersey was released and you could switch to the edge style.

KISSwall09.jpg

pp-EspositoPhil.jpg

They could do that. It's what all teams are doing these days, bringing in an alt jersey that's almost identical to the home jersey. But that would mean everything Lady Liberty would be completely gone since you can't have 2 alts. It would be such a waste of a great logo.

Modernize. :)

Maybe recolour lady liberty and slap her on the shoulders. Could work...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but on the tsn website under the NHL section, there is a story titled "Road to Recovery" and it's about Petrice Bergeron's recovery from that hit last season, anyways at the 2:30 minute mark of the interview, you will see Bergeron in the new Bruins 3rd jersey on the ice practicing.

Click here to see

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but on the tsn website under the NHL section, there is a story titled "Road to Recovery" and it's about Petrice Bergeron's recovery from that hit last season, anyways at the 2:30 minute mark of the interview, you will see Bergeron in the new Bruins 3rd jersey on the ice practicing.

Click here to see

Apparently, this time it's not a russian player hiding in a Bergeron jersey. I guess this confirms that the alternate will be the one without the yellow stripe at the waist. It would have been better with the stripe.

Click here to see

Apparently, this time it's not a russian player hiding in a Bergeron jersey. I guess this confirms that the alternate will be the one without the yellow stripe at the waist. It would have been better with the stripe.

OR is just footage of another jersey tryout. :P

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Canadiens to have their 100th anniversary logo on their shoulder:

http://icethetics.blogspot.com/2008/08/hab...er-patches.html

That's strange because the jerseys in those pictures are the pre-Edge ones.

Those pics are from a create-a-jersey mode. Second, one of the anniversary logos is a fake.

It will be interesting to see how the real thing will be put together. They have the 100 years patch and the ASG patch. ASG on the front, 100th on the right shoulder is what I think they will do.

Apparently not... Link

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montrรฉal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Archived