2008/09 NBA New Logos & Uniforms

ebsports

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What, no transparent fabric?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'm in the extreme minority on this subject, but I favor the Magic's current uniforms over their previous pinstripe/dazzle looks. Perhaps it's because I associate the current look -- which I acknowledge is too minimalist for some people's taste -- with Dwight Howard and Hedo Turkoglu, who are my favorite Magic players of All-Time (with no disrespect intended to Nick Anderson and Rony Seikaly).

Turkoglu_15.png

I'm in the extreme minority on this subject, but I favor the Magic's current uniforms over their previous pinstripe/dazzle looks. Perhaps it's because I associate the current look -- which I acknowledge is too minimalist for some people's taste -- with Dwight Howard and Hedo Turkoglu, who are my favorite Magic players of All-Time (with no disrespect intended to Nick Anderson and Rony Seikaly).

Or Penny? Or Shaq? Or Horace? (Well...for the short time Goggle-Eyes Grant was in Orlando, anyway...) ^_^

I say the Magic contact Starchild, use that magic concept he did, darken that blue up justasmidge...and BAM!--there you have it. But that's just me.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Or Penny? Or Shaq? Or Horace? (Well...for the short time Goggle-Eyes Grant was in Orlando, anyway...) ^_^

I say the Magic contact Starchild, use that magic concept he did, darken that blue up justasmidge...and BAM!--there you have it. But that's just me.

First of all, I realize that Rony Seikaly briefly played for the Magic, but I'll always think of him as a Miami Heat player.

Secondly, one thing that's always bothered me a little, is the perception that the Blue that the Magic currently uses is a fairly light shade of Blue. The bottom line is that it only appears to be a lighter Blue because that's the way Illustrator and Photoshop interprets that particular Pantone color that the Magic uses. Here's how the Magic's Blue looks in Illustrator:

OrlandoMagicBlue_9999_SOL_IEC6.jpg

Here's how the color should look - if the color has been optimized for viewing on computer monitors. This version will more closely match a printed (spot) version of the color:

OrlandoMagicBlue_9999_SOL_SRGB.jpg

It's quite a bit darker.

And, for further comparison, here is the fabric/textile color that the Magic use - it's even darker:

OrlandoMagicBlue_9999_TEX_SRGB.jpg

Just wanted to clear that up.

:P

I'm really dissapointed the Bucks arent going with a red alt that says Milwaukee across the chest. Anyone know of that being a possibility, if not now in the near future?

I thought they were going to introduce an alt for this year. It's been two years, hasn't it?

Turkoglu_15.png

OrlandoMagicBlue_9999_TEX_SRGB.jpg

I don't know how intimmitated I would be by a team that calls its shade of blue "Princess Blue".

The Magic doesn't call it that - Pantone calls it that. In fact, I would bet that Orlando has no idea that the color they used is called that. No more than the San Francisco Giants know that the Gold dropshadow on their uniforms is called "Chipmunk".

I'm really dissapointed the Bucks arent going with a red alt that says Milwaukee across the chest. Anyone know of that being a possibility, if not now in the near future?

I thought they were going to introduce an alt for this year. It's been two years, hasn't it?

They will be eligible starting this year... I'm still trying to send them my design. Hopefully the delay will be so that they can bust out these beauties:

BucksFinalMod2.png

They will be eligible starting this year... I'm still trying to send them my design. Hopefully the delay will be so that they can bust out these beauties:

BucksFinalMod2.png

I like that look alot. It would be cool to see some teams wear gold, silver, and other light colors at home as alts without the other team wearing their homes. I think the NBA is to particular with their jersey policies. IMO if they contrast they would be fair game to wear.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

Shinyhubcaps are you able to send them that same design only red with green lettering? I think that would be amazing either that or there current font.

The center of my pitch is how a silver jersey would be better than a red one... I suppose a red base would work, but I think there are too many red teams as it is. I'd try it out, but my everything that isn't on my Photobucket account is on my fried computer.

Shinyhubcaps are you able to send them that same design only red with green lettering? I think that would be amazing either that or there current font.

The center of my pitch is how a silver jersey would be better than a red one... I suppose a red base would work, but I think there are too many red teams as it is. I'd try it out, but my everything that isn't on my Photobucket account is on my fried computer.

Yeah I think Milwaukee would be stupid not to try and add a silver or red. You dont think silver would be too much? Than again theirs not a team that has a solid silver uni, you would think the Spurs would though.

Now I wonder how bad they are gonna screw the colors up on the jerseys for this year's NBA europe tour...

The only ones that were good were toronto and Boston...

IMHO, Toronto's looked like somnething that could be used in China and not Spain and I was really not too hot on liking what Memphis did...

From the rookie photo shoot blog of a one Mr. Brandon Rush:

The Magic, Timberwolves and Kings rookies are all donning the new jerseys that their teams will be wearing for the first time next season. Now this is just my personal opinion, but I rank Orlando as the best, then Sacramento, then Minnesota. The Magic's jerseys have a Penny/Shaq/3-D Scott feel, with a modern Dwight Howard/Spiderman touch. I'm digging them. The other jersey of note belongs to the Oklahoma City Insert Name Here's Russell Westbrook who is rocking the No. 0 on a black Summer League mesh ensemble. I asked Westbrook what he wants the name of the franchise to be and he wouldn't bite on the question. "How about the Oklahoma City Bruins?" I asked. "I think that's already taken," the former UCLA guard said with a smile.

'Spiderman?' Uh-oh, that can't be good. I'm wondering about the Hornets rookies, as well. My guess is that he simply doesn't notice that they have new unis (I doubt he's a uniform buff).

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

From the rookie photo shoot blog of a one Mr. Brandon Rush:
The Magic, Timberwolves and Kings rookies are all donning the new jerseys that their teams will be wearing for the first time next season. Now this is just my personal opinion, but I rank Orlando as the best, then Sacramento, then Minnesota. The Magic's jerseys have a Penny/Shaq/3-D Scott feel, with a modern Dwight Howard/Spiderman touch. I'm digging them. The other jersey of note belongs to the Oklahoma City Insert Name Here's Russell Westbrook who is rocking the No. 0 on a black Summer League mesh ensemble. I asked Westbrook what he wants the name of the franchise to be and he wouldn't bite on the question. "How about the Oklahoma City Bruins?" I asked. "I think that's already taken," the former UCLA guard said with a smile.

'Spiderman?' Uh-oh, that can't be good. I'm wondering about the Hornets rookies, as well. My guess is that he simply doesn't notice that they have new unis (I doubt he's a uniform buff).

Nice swipe, it explains why we haven't seen any of those teams rooks photo shoot pics online yet.

Also, the Hornets didn't have any rookies, as they traded away their first round pick for cash and gave up their second rounder in the Bonzi Wells trade.

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

Archived