2008/09 NBA New Logos & Uniforms

ebsports

It's their new alt guys! Yeah! They made the collar circular, and replaced the 'Fleur De Bee' for the OKC patch, just until the OKC team, formerly known as the Sonics, decide upon a name! Until then, just to ensure the civilians in Oklahoma City know they are included in the NBA extravaganza, will have to be content with the OKC patch on the Hornets' uniform.

Sorry...but, no. Not anything new. Now the NBA live DNA screencaps above with the altered Hornets' logo, that's the new Hornets' uni. Can't wait to see what they look like.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im not sure if this has been posted here before (well i know it wasnt in this thread at least), but I came across this hat and figured I'd post it.

34886031_w.jpg

Of course it was never used considering the Hornets didnt actually have any picks this year.

I wonder why its black, probably means nothing, but an interesting choice.

Of course it was never used considering the Hornets didnt actually have any picks this year.

Darrell Arthur put it on after he was picked...of course he was then traded, but the hat WAS there...

It's their new alt guys! Yeah! They made the collar circular, and replaced the 'Fleur De Bee' for the OKC patch, just until the OKC team, formerly known as the Sonics, decide upon a name! Until then, just to ensure the civilians in Oklahoma City know they are included in the NBA extravaganza, will have to be content with the OKC patch on the Hornets' uniform.

Sorry...but, no. Not anything new. Now the NBA live DNA screencaps above with the altered Hornets' logo, that's the new Hornets' uni. Can't wait to see what they look like.

Obviously you're sarcastic, but in the defense of the original poster, the OKC patched jerseys being in the game is incredibly illogical as it is, especially because I heard that Live 09 won't have throwbacks.

Darrell Arthur put it on after he was picked...of course he was then traded, but the hat WAS there...

Oh, my bad. I missed that I guess.

Though its kind of stupid of the league, I mean that trade was done before the draft and it didnt involve any players, so all they had to do was approve it. I dont really understand why they do that sometimes. (Wait until after the pick to announce its traded, though its been known for days)

i can confirm new uniforms for the Sacramento Kings next season. i was at ARCO Arena at a Monarchs the other day and one of the workers in the Team Store told me about it because i mentioned all of the jerseys being slashed in price. u can see the slashed prices at sacramentoteamstore.com. its not a full re-design, but more of an update, the same kind of idea that the Philadelphia 76ers did last year. *same script for logos and numbers, but new trim*

i can confirm new uniforms for the Sacramento Kings next season. i was at ARCO Arena at a Monarchs the other day and one of the workers in the Team Store told me about it because i mentioned all of the jerseys being slashed in price. u can see the slashed prices at sacramentoteamstore.com. its not a full re-design, but more of an update, the same kind of idea that the Philadelphia 76ers did last year. *same script for logos and numbers, but new trim*

Well that's lame. Not that you were at a WNBA game, but the Kings jerseys. ^_^

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

Well that's lame. Not that you were at a WNBA game, but the Kings jerseys. ^_^

lol at the WNBA thing. yea, basketballs basketball to me. anyway, i kinda agree. a complete make over wouldve been nice but it wouldnt have made sense considering the new court from last year has the home jerseys script on it.

IMO, after reading a story in the USA today, the Atlanta Hawks should move to KC. Their fan base has never really been constant. Also, the Falcons could move to LA. Sure ATL is a huge market, but that market doesn't buy a lot of tickets. Just an opinion.

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

Wow... up to this point, I still thought the Magic would be moving to KC. That new arena has certainly flown under the radar out here.

This is the first I'm hearing of it as well.

Actually, according to this, they haven't broken ground yet.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

IMO, after reading a story in the USA today, the Atlanta Hawks should move to KC. Their fan base has never really been constant. Also, the Falcons could move to LA. Sure ATL is a huge market, but that market doesn't buy a lot of tickets. Just an opinion.

I don't think that will happen, but I do think here in ATL we do have some of the biggest fairweather fans, in all sports. Thus the inconsistency.

I don't think that will happen, but I do think here in ATL we do have some of the biggest fairweather fans, in all sports. Thus the inconsistency.

Put it this way: Most of the fans here will come when its in vogue. Hence, the reason why the Falcons had a waiting list for season tickets when Vick was around, and most folks don't remember when back in the 80s/90s, the Hawks were good and people went to the games. I guess their fans are fairweather, but at the same time, they aren't gonna go to the games when the team sucks. I mean, would you go to the games knowing that the team is going to lose and ownership's completely content with it?

That said, I'm a season ticket holder for the Falcons and I highly doubt Blank's moving the team any time soon. Same with the Hawks, they're primarily owned by an Atlantan, so they aren't moving anytime soon either.

The Thrashers, on the other hand, may move just to save the team.

(I'm not sure where to post this, so it goes here)

Do the teams on the NBA Europe Live tour wear special uniforms? I recall the Raptors wearing something, but not sure about other teams.

Yes, all of the teams have special jersey's for their trips. Mostly just trim accents. Last year I remember the celtics wore their black and green alt, but the wordmark on their chest had the colors of the Italian Flag. Stuff like that. I am sure people have some pictures around here.

Archived