2008/09 NBA New Logos & Uniforms

ebsports

Some strong rumors going around that the Nuggets, Timberwolves, Magic, Kings, and Hornets, will get getting new uniforms this upcoming season along plus with the Bucks getting a new alternate design.

Anybody heard anything else on this?!

Someone with the Magic have said that there will NOT be a new Uni this season, sucks!

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=824054

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some strong rumors going around that the Nuggets, Timberwolves, Magic, Kings, and Hornets, will get getting new uniforms this upcoming season along plus with the Bucks getting a new alternate design.

Anybody heard anything else on this?!

Someone with the Magic have said that there will NOT be a new Uni this season, sucks!

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=824054

I wouldn't panic yet. From the link it looks like the source is an Orlando DJ and Ticket Rep for the team if I'm not wrong? I don't know how well his insider information really is? I guess we will have to wait until August or Opening Night.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

I know about the whole 60th anniversary thing, but I thought they might be looking at it after this season too, especially with those poll questions they asked about.

...and I shouldn't have said new "regime" I meant like a new "direction" kind of thing. I.E. "The Billy King/Allen Iverson era is over" type of thing.

Right. I woudn't be the least little bit surprised if they did a retro revamp after this season. Nearly all of the marketing around the Center uses the retro logos, the website is full of the retro logos, and you're right - this current set is more associated with AI, Billy King, and Larry Brown (of course the retro-set is more associated with Doc, Moses, and Barkley!)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It's only because of the 60th anniversary. They're not going back to that.

The marketing in the building has been slowly turning retro since they dumped AI. I get that this season is that 60th anniv. BS promotion, but it really wouldn't surprise me if they revamped within the next year or two.

Unless you got your hands on the 2009-10 and 2010-11 style guides and can disprove this.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I like what they have now too (except for the black road - they should have made the blue alt the road) but it's time to move on. Maybe a new design based on the old colors. Either way, they need to pick an identity and stick with it. Red white blue or black red gold.

I thought the sixers have only had there current unis for 1 or 2 seasons.

Yes, but it was only MINOR changes to the piping. Besides, it does take a couple years for a new identity to be made up, so they probably didn't start in on that until the season after AI was dealt.

VmWIn6B.png

Im not too fond of the concept as a whole. The name Barons is okay but it should not reference a king per say as the correlation with the Sac. Kings. Second I think the logo has to be simplier. Dont need a sword, cape, crown etc.

I would say rethink the direction of "Baron". Do a more flight inspiried theme. Think it would be more original to the NBA.

courtesy of our friends at EA Sports with Live 09:

50fawx.jpg

this confirms the primary logo that was posted before, and also gives a small glance at the new uni's...looks like they will be like the old Charlotte ones with only a couple pinstripes across the front...doesn't look too promising imo, but we'll see how it all falls down.

imo, they need to sever those ties with the Charlotte franchise like Hugo, and pinstripes, and the color combos...

Archived