2008/09 NBA New Logos & Uniforms

ebsports

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When did the Raptors add these ;

Alternate Logo

Alternate Logo 1

I realize that I'm dealing with semantics here, but those are actually secondary logos, not alternate logos.

Secondary - meaning that they are additional marks; secondary to the primary logo. An alternate logo would be defined as one that would be used in place of the primary (e.g., the Nashville Predators' crest on their former alternate uniforms).

What do you guys think?

(And to be frank, the official Raptors' logosheet refers to those logos as secondary logos as well.)

Alternate Logo

Alternate Logo 1

I realize that I'm dealing with semantics here, but those are actually secondary logos, not alternate logos.

Secondary - meaning that they are additional marks; secondary to the primary logo. An alternate logo would be defined as one that would be used in place of the primary (e.g., the Nashville Predators' crest on their former alternate uniforms).

What do you guys think?

(And to be frank, the official Raptors' logosheet refers to those logos as secondary logos as well.)

Tomato, tomahhhhto :D

j/k. I think it has gotten to a point where the words are synonymous. I agree though, that it should be called "secondary", but I think people just like saying "alts".

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

I have to disagree - according to CWx' definition, I'd say that they're hardly synonymous.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Alternate Logo

Alternate Logo 1

What do you guys think?

If you feel like helping me re-label all the alts and secondaries on the site, I'll start fixing it up :)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

If you feel like helping me re-label all the alts and secondaries on the site, I'll start fixing it up :)

I just might!

:P

And...I might also want to re-open another item we've discussed in the past...

Alternate Logo

Alternate Logo 1

So when did the Raptors confirm that this would be the primary logo for 08-09? I still haven't found a single trace of it at their official site.

http://www.nba.com/raptors/news/2008_draft.html

http://www.nba.com/media/raptors/teamshot_wallpaper.jpg

The logo in the second link is different from the one that they actually use. The one they use doesn't have the red section behind the raptor and the "R" on his jersey is black, not red.

A member over HR forums pointed that on the NBAstore frontpage, the Hornets thumbnail is the new logo.

Confirmed, you can even zoom it in.

hornets2008hugovt3.png

Nice find. The Teal looks the same to me...at least, at first glance. No Black in the outline anymore either.

Archived