2008/09 NBA New Logos & Uniforms

ebsports

There we go... yeah, that is a much needed improvement there. Nice and streamlined, and more appropriate font choice, and the use of "NOLA" was a nice touch. I can definitely tell the new color. While the teal was unique, and a lot of teams have the lighter blue now anyway, teal's quite dated, and the use of the light blue with purple and yellow has promise.

VmWIn6B.png

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the new Hornets script.

Though I did just notice they removed the honeycombs from Hugo's shoes. Not necessary.

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

The Script is better, but man that Hugo looks bad. Even worse than before IMO--just ditch the whole damn thing. The "fleur de bee" is on such a different plane than that, so much more effective and represents the team so much better. Its really a damn shame.

yeah, looks WAY too cartoony in respect to the professional, fierce look of the FDB...terrible job imo

only thing good is the wordmarks (much like my jersey concepts? lol)

there has to be a way to bring the FDB into a 3/4 view to fit with the style of the primary or somethin...

I don't mind the update, i'll wait till the official logos get out to judge it.

When vectors are imported to flash they tend to get distorted, so that's why it looks like it's been live traced.

Here's a better view though:

hornetsnew.png

Oh, and yeah Conrad, does kinda look like yours :P

is it just me or does it look like the bottom of the left wing would be visible below the left arm? it looks like it was chopped off...

When vectors are imported to flash they tend to get distorted, so that's why it looks like it's been live traced.

hornetsnew.png

Oh, and yeah Conrad, does kinda look like yours :P

After looking at the new logo, I think that it is an upgrade from the old one, but I don't really like it. I think the Fleur-de-bee will be used much more than the new Hugo anyway. The new blue color and the wordmark are really nice and I think they did a good job on the update.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Eh...I think its time for Hugo to go. This idea of the NBA charging big money to replace primaries must be true, given the rash of "tweaked" primaries and new, unrelated secondaries. While i like the idea of keeping teams from changing logos every five years, but let a solid rebrand take place when it comes along.

Eh...I think its time for Hugo to go. This idea of the NBA charging big money to replace primaries must be true, given the rash of "tweaked" primaries and new, unrelated secondaries. While i like the idea of keeping teams from changing logos every five years, but let a solid rebrand take place when it comes along.

I was thinking about that after all of the recolored and tweaked primaries, and I think that the huge price to change the primary logo has now had the opposite affect then was intended. THey put the big pricetag (at least, this is why I think they did) was to prevent teams from frequently switching and to keep a strong identity. But now that there is the hefty price, teams are just bringing in additional logos changing the color of the former primary. I think that this is causing people more confusion about the team's identity than if they entirely changed the logo.

I think they should only charge that big fee if its within 10 years.

I think this would be a good solution. It would penalize teams for changing their identity too often, but it would allow teams that are in need of an update to change their logo.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

THe Blazers have confirmed new Uniforms but it is thought that it wilkl be for the 2009-2010 season, and may not be much but a change in the cut of the uniform.

I haven't heard this anywhere, and I live in the Portland area. No word of that in the Oregonian or Oregon Live, or on the blogs, or on the Blazers' site. So...Sources?

blazers_19751977_240.jpg

Portland should go back to these ones.

Those would be awesome.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

I've been a Hornets fan for 16 years, and Hugo's one of, if not my favourite all-time sports logo. The FDB is a great secondary logo. I like the new font on the new Hugo. But....

That new Hugo's a joke. Looks like a high school logo. I've been waiting for this update to be unveiled before I got my Hornets tattoo, but I think I shall stick with either the FDB or classic Hugo.

hornetsnew.png

Hmm. An improvement over the old, I suppose:

NewOrleansHornets.png

I still prefer the Fleur du Bee. Can't believe that they missed an opportunity to make that the primary.

Like the script, though.

Archived