2008/09 NBA New Logos & Uniforms

ebsports

The FdB is fantastic, and is obviously better. But I don't see all the problems with this one, certainly seems cleaner than the previous version.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just want to confirm a few things:

Neither the Bucks, Rockets, nor Grizzlies are getting alternates as a few rumored.

The Hornets, Timberwolves, Magic, and Kings are all getting new uniforms.

The Raptors are getting a black alternate with Toronto for the script.

A member over HR forums pointed that on the NBAstore frontpage, the Hornets thumbnail is the new logo.

Confirmed, you can even zoom it in.

hornets2008hugovt3.png

nice find. that is AWFUL though.

It's miles above what they did have.

Not Fleur-De-Bee quality, but still an improvement nonetheless. I'm glad they rectified the font. The previous one was slapdashingly horrid.

When did the Raptors add these ;

Alternate Logo

Alternate Logo 1

I realize that I'm dealing with semantics here, but those are actually secondary logos, not alternate logos.

Secondary - meaning that they are additional marks; secondary to the primary logo. An alternate logo would be defined as one that would be used in place of the primary (e.g., the Nashville Predators' crest on their former alternate uniforms).

What do you guys think?

(And to be frank, the official Raptors' logosheet refers to those logos as secondary logos as well.)

While adding the new Erie BayHawks marks I have properly designated a logo as 'secondary' instead of 'alternate' on my site for the first time in about 8 years

http://www.sportslogos.net/team.php?id=2686

From here on out, if I have the official stylesheet and the stylesheet designates a logo as secondary I will do so on my site.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I disagree... at least with the render that we've seen, it's horrible. No honeycomb pattern on the shoes, an indistinct grin, "NOLA" on the chest... there are some things that make it look trendy and otherwise lame rather than correcting the shortcomings of the old logo.

Just want to confirm a few things:

Neither the Bucks, Rockets, nor Grizzlies are getting alternates as a few rumored.

The Hornets, Timberwolves, Magic, and Kings are all getting new uniforms.

The Raptors are getting a black alternate with Toronto for the script.

What about the Bobcats? Are they ditching the orange unis/changing the side paneling on their whites?

And any hints on what changes Sacto might be making?

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

I disagree... at least with the render that we've seen, it's horrible. No honeycomb pattern on the shoes, an indistinct grin, "NOLA" on the chest... there are some things that make it look trendy and otherwise lame rather than correcting the shortcomings of the old logo.

It also finally dumped the hideous mickey mouse gloves, the poorly-drawn basketball (ever notice how the lines aren't symmetric on the damn thing? I had the old Starter jacket from when the franchise was in its infancy, and that bugged the living hell out of me), and the motion lines on the wing. The honeycomb was just a bit too much forced design, and really, the Hive connotation with the hex pattern didn't really make the trek with the franchise to NOLA anyway. And let's just be thankful they finally did something about the odd font.

You can say the redesign wasn't enough or it kept too much of the older elements, but I can't understand how anyone could consider it a downgrade from the previous version.

And that's the new "Mardi Gras Blue", I guess?

NewOrleansHornets.pnghornetsnew.png

Ugh. So the Hornets, TWolves, and Hawks can only tweak/update their old logos?

Apparently the league provides a financial disincentive against teams changing their logos, a disincentive reduced or eliminated by recoloring or tweaking an existing logo.

I've long heard this, but so far as I know nobody's ever provided specific details.

I would say the things that bother me most are:

1.) The line quality is horrible, it looks like it was put through a vector trace and not cleaned up.

2.) The wings not overlapping the type is annoying to me. It worked better the other way.

3> I like the new font, I just whish they did something inside the letters to add dimension

I would say the things that bother me most are:

1.) The line quality is horrible, it looks like it was put through a vector trace and not cleaned up.

2.) The wings not overlapping the type is annoying to me. It worked better the other way.

3> I like the new font, I just whish they did something inside the letters to add dimension

I've been looking at my HD recording of the Draft, and I think that the actual logo is cleaner than what we are seeing here. I think Hoopskid is right in that this logo was distorted when converted to Flash.

We can only hope that it's distorted!

Archived