2008/09 NBA New Logos & Uniforms

ebsports

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You can say the redesign wasn't enough or it kept too much of the older elements, but I can't understand how anyone could consider it a downgrade from the previous version.

The face, for starters. I think if you forget about the text, you'll see that neither is good, but the new one is terrible... even if they fixed the outlines, I can't tell what its expression is supposed to be or why the wings and antenna are so haphazardly shaped. These problems didn't exist in the older one, or not as much anyway. I'll reserve judgment for the official render, though.

'Cats 5th anniversary:

cats_anny.gif

sort of odd to do a 5th anny, but whatever...it looks decent enuff, nothin special, but okay.

I like the crown logo on the right, but the cat-head logo is too much to be reduced to that size - especially since it adds the redundancy of the basketball image that the main logo is based off of.

Is that 5 their new number font (instead of the italics?) If so, I don't like using the actual number font in logos like this, only because at first glance, it looks like a tribute to a player. If it isn't their primary font, then I guess I'm OK with it. I think a more-horizontal font would have worked better though. I generally prefer the "V", but I don't think that it would have worked in this case.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

So, for the Raptors' re-colour... is the inside circle behind the raptor supposed to be red, or black, or either is fine (which I doubt)? Seeing both of them is confusing...

Wade-sig.png

You can say the redesign wasn't enough or it kept too much of the older elements, but I can't understand how anyone could consider it a downgrade from the previous version.

The face, for starters. I think if you forget about the text, you'll see that neither is good, but the new one is terrible... even if they fixed the outlines, I can't tell what its expression is supposed to be or why the wings and antenna are so haphazardly shaped. These problems didn't exist in the older one, or not as much anyway. I'll reserve judgment for the official render, though.

Let's not all forget how bad the original logo was:

CharlotteHornets_PRM_1989-2002_SOL_.gif

Those motion lines made me crazy.

EDIT: Lettering by Schoolhouse Rock.

New Denver Nuggets (threw out royal blue for navy blue, also uniforms will have pick axe logo atop nameplate on back)

Nuggets2009Logo.png

And also, does anyone happen to know if they'll be keeping the DN logo around, or is it all about the pick-axe now?

*bump*

Anyone?...

Thanks. :)

6uXNWAo.png

New Denver Nuggets (threw out royal blue for navy blue, also uniforms will have pick axe logo atop nameplate on back)

Nuggets2009Logo.png

And also, does anyone happen to know if they'll be keeping the DN logo around, or is it all about the pick-axe now?

i don't know about the dn logo or the axe but that change to the logo was a much needed change. In fact i made that same edit a few years ago, when i did a denver nuggets to hockey crossover, which i never posted. I'm glad to see i was ahead of my time when i made that concept, because that definately makes that logo look alot better

btw heres the unseen concept i made a few years ago(not really a concept but just something i did out of bordom)

nuggetsxover.png

the main difference in the colors of the logo is the fact that i darkened the light blue to a slightly darker shade of light blue.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Let's not all forget how bad the original logo was:

CharlotteHornets_PRM_1989-2002_SOL_.gif

Those motion lines made me crazy.

EDIT: Lettering by Schoolhouse Rock.

So they actually took the off-center lines on the basketball from Charlotte. Nice work, guys!

Nuggets2009Logo.png

*bump*

Anyone?...

Thanks. :)

I don't think so. From my understanding the pick axe logo was replacing the DN logo.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

Orlando Magic new uniform wordmarks and 20th anniversary logo:

MagicLogos2009.png

It seems like that letter font is very similar to the Russell Athletic number font that's on about half of Arena Football jerseys this year.

Also, about four months ago, Amare posted a possible change for the Suns jerseys based upon a shirt he saw at the Suns' team store...any further news on that?

So will the Magic be changing logos too or is this just a jersey/script change?

ujsignature.png

It seems like they would have to. The current jersey template is too boring (IMO) for this to work without something more.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Orlando Magic new uniform wordmarks and 20th anniversary logo:

MagicLogos2009.png

Uh...no. To the wordmark design, that is. I too immediately thought of the Arena League when i saw this here wordmark. They seriously couldn't come up with anything better?

At least the anniversary logo is decent-looking. And that was a small bit of a genius IMO slipping the "FAN" into "fantastic". I can't recall any other commemorative logo "reaching out and touching" the fans like that.

he extraneous beveling effects could have been left off the "20"--it would have looked good as is without them. And speaking of that "20", if they're using the old Magic numbers in the logo, they obviously know that they look good--and it also harkens back to the "glory days" of the Magic.

So here's a novel idea for the Magic...find Starchild's Orlando Magic concept from some time ago over in the "Concepts" section, darken up the blue just a smidge, and leave it at that. Pure perfection, in my eyes...instead of that pathetically bland mess I'm looking at up above.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived