2008/09 NBA New Logos & Uniforms

ebsports

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Liking the font, but I don't care for the white splotch. Will reserve final judgment until I see the new unis.

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

I'm somewhat disapointed. With the release of a fantastic alt logo, I expected something close to being just as impressive. The NBA should emphasize more on Primary logos, i don't like how we get fantastic sec logos followed by uninspired primary ones.

Furthermore, with the Sonics inevitable departure, only the Bucks and Celtics are the remaining primarily green teams left in the NBA.

God I hope my Kings ditch Purple. I HATE purple ina uniform (Paul Lukas will have my back on that one!) I would like to see them go back to a modern updated version of the POWER Blue!

If any team is going to use purple, shouldn't it be the Kings? I think gold would be appropriate as well.

Lakers and hockey Kings own that

God I hope my Kings ditch Purple. I HATE purple ina uniform (Paul Lukas will have my back on that one!) I would like to see them go back to a modern updated version of the POWER Blue!

If any team is going to use purple, shouldn't it be the Kings? I think gold would be appropriate as well.

Don't sweat it, Queens always look good in purple

I'm somewhat disapointed. With the release of a fantastic alt logo, I expected something close to being just as impressive. The NBA should emphasize more on Primary logos, i don't like how we get fantastic sec logos followed by uninspired primary ones.

Furthermore, with the Sonics inevitable departure, only the Bucks and Celtics are the remaining primarily green teams left in the NBA.

Oh what a shame, now the rest of the league will have to be green with envy

was browsing around the Heat website and happened to catch a lil flash animation showing the new alternate logo in clearer form than what we've seen on the draft hat, so i screen-capped it and vectored it for a better view:

heat_alt.gif

looks solid imo, but not beveled like some (including myself) had thought, so that's a lil disappointing.

was browsing around the Heat website and happened to catch a lil flash animation showing the new alternate logo in clearer form than what we've seen on the draft hat, so i screen-capped it and vectored it for a better view:

heat_alt.gif

looks solid imo, but not beveled like some (including myself) had thought, so that's a lil disappointing.

must have been just that style of hat they went with a bevel, or maybe the flash was incorrect.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Oh what a shame, now the rest of the league will have to be green with envy

Those were probably the most umproductive first 4 posts ever. Multi-quoting is useful, too.

I actually like the new Timberwolves primary. The old wolf was kind of scary-looking, like the designers were trying to make it look extra-fearsome. I think this is a step in the right direction, especially with the prospect of the secondary logo moving to primary in a couple years. I agree about the lack of green, though: bad.

heat_alt.gif

must have been just that style of hat they went with a bevel, or maybe the flash was incorrect.

I instantly thought of Dwyane Wade when you said "the flash" rather than the animation...

Wasn't sure if anyone had read this yet...

The Magic are nearing completion of a redesign of their home and away uniforms and the new look and logo are expected to be ready for the 2008-09 season. Next season will be the Magic's 20th in existence, so the new uniforms will coincide with a season-long celebration of the franchise's history.

"We're not ready to say it's absolutely 100 percent yet, but it looks like it's going to happen for next season," Magic Chief Operating Officer Alex Martins said. "Everything is on track as of right now."

The Magic are revealing little about the new look of the uniforms or the team's primary logo, but Martins did hint that the team could reach back to a blast from the past for the new-look uniforms.

Pinstripes, in some form, which the Magic wore from 1989 through 2002, could return. Also, the return of a black uniform could be in the offing as a road uniform or an "alternate" uniform. The Magic have worn white jerseys at home and blue jerseys on the road since 1999. Prior to that, Orlando wore black jerseys on the road and white at home.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

And the Magic decide to go for a PUNT, yet again.

Not really crazy about the current design (I love uniform conservatism, but even this one is BOOORING)\, so no big shakes.

Still, what kind of identity are they going for now? And I wouldn't mind a return to the black, as that was their original jersey color anyway.

Archived