2008/09 NBA New Logos & Uniforms

ebsports

Too bad there's no green, as others have said. But that eye is still yellow, right? Perhaps yellow could increase its role in the color scheme if green is out? Blue and yellow is also a lost combo.

I have a feeling green will still be in. A couple of years ago Glenn Taylor shelled out significant money to put new seats in the Target Center. The tree trim featured in the jereseys is patterened in the arena seats. This is why I think that green will not go away.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not out of question to add green to the uniforms even if the logo(s) don't feature any at all. Going back to the Mavs, their logos don't have a square millimeter of navy anywhere, yet their road uniforms are primarily navy. I think they could find a way to bring green into the mix, so it could look a lot better.

I don't doubt that there will be green in their uniforms. I'm just hoping that this hat isn't indicative of the team under playing the color. I think to distinguish it's color scheme from the rest of the league, green needs to stand-out in the team's look.

it just looks like somebody slapped a black lightning bolt in there for no apparent reason.

It forms an upside down T. Kinda weird that they put so many things in like that.

It does? I can't see a "T" in that anywhere. Flipped diagonally, it could be an "N", but that's about it. You could also interpret the black on the ear as an "M". But man, that all seems like it's trying WAY too hard.

(Not a fan of the hidden "M" in the Mavs' logo either, but at least you can tell it's an "M".)

Here's the T:

p4865277dt.jpg

That logo kicks a**. Right now it looks a little amateurish, but i'm sure on screen or when it actually debuts it'll look great. Can't wait. Also, I highly doubt they entirely ditched green in there. Green is so minimal and the league, and yet such a great color...

Did anyone else think of this when seeing the new Timberwolves logo?

FF_170483_s.jpg

The way it fits into the circle makes it a nice, clean secondary logo. Other than the fact that it reminded me of the above logo, I can't wait to see O.J. Mayo or Brook Lopez wearing it.

Boy that T-Wolves logo is kickass.

It does look kinda similar to the Coyotes logo. I'm more afraid of the color combo being dangerously similar to the Magic. Without green they're almost the exact colors.

And I think as long as they stay away from a second shade of blue, they will be different enough from the Mavericks and Jazz color combos. But the logo arrangement is very, very similar to that of the Mavericks.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I think my favorite would have to be the Bobcats cap, just because of the fact that the update is such an improvement.

p4865307dt.jpg

But boy to I hate how the Suns are using gray as the primary color. ( :puke: )

p4865287dt.jpg

And is it me or does the "PHX" have a little extra shading/beveling than usual. (Or are they trying to get a "raised logo" effect going?)

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

it just looks like somebody slapped a black lightning bolt in there for no apparent reason.

It forms an upside down T. Kinda weird that they put so many things in like that.

It does? I can't see a "T" in that anywhere. Flipped diagonally, it could be an "N", but that's about it. You could also interpret the black on the ear as an "M". But man, that all seems like it's trying WAY too hard.

(Not a fan of the hidden "M" in the Mavs' logo either, but at least you can tell it's an "M".)

Here's the T:

p4865277dt.jpg

Oh, I see it...I thought you meant the black part was supposed to be a "T". Even so; if that's intentional, it's incredibly forced and lame. The tree outline in the fur is already clever and well done, the "T" just shows a lack of restraint.

Keep in mind a black hat is easier to sell than a purple or teal hat.

Also, it matches almost any suit that a draft pick could wear. That is the purpose after all, not sales, right?

Two draftees scoff at that theory ...

mauricetaylor.draft.jpgrose.draft.jpg

proof that Michigan men should never dress themselves

oubrutus.jpg

2qi7psy.gif

when you're replacing an old Carr, you need more than Les Miles

Here's the T:

p4865277dt.jpg

Aww man, now I can't stop looking at the "T" and thinking how tacked on it looks. :blink: I kinda wish it was filled in now.

Too bad there's no green, as others have said. But that eye is still yellow, right? Perhaps yellow could increase its role in the color scheme if green is out? Blue and yellow is also a lost combo.

Please, no more color scheme-copying after the Nuggets/Grizzlies

oubrutus.jpg

2qi7psy.gif

when you're replacing an old Carr, you need more than Les Miles

Archived