2008/09 NBA New Logos & Uniforms

ebsports

p4865304dt.jpg

Also looks like the Hornets might be emphasizing black. But then again the Lakers cap is black, too FWIW.

Keep in mind a black hat is easier to sell than a purple or teal hat.

Yeah, it's probably as simple as that, but it's one of the hats currently "hidden" in certain online stores.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Keep in mind a black hat is easier to sell than a purple or teal hat.

Also, it matches almost any suit that a draft pick could wear. That is the purpose after all, not sales, right?

The T-Wolves logo: Still not confirmed in my head. I am still waiting for that to just be a good concept that somebody on here made. If the primary is tweaked to look like that, but still reflect the current primary, then they did a great job. I think the green will be kept on the primary and in the uniforms, but maybe that is wishful thinking. Solid logo though, too bad it wasn't the wolf paw that I thought it would be.

Timberwolves Draft Cap:

p4865277dt.jpg

Wow, that's beautiful. They need to splash some green in there, and make it the primary...immediately.

They should've made the trees half green, like with the other side (black) being shadows. Hard to describe, but wouldn't be too hard to do, that is if there was a bigger version of the logo I could work with. That way there'd still be some green in there. I feel blue and green should be their primary colors anyway. But nonetheless, that is a sweet logo and should be the primary, if the primary is supposed to look similar to the current one, that is. This secondary blows the current primary out of the water big time.

That Wolves hat looks fantastic. I agree with other posters on the whole Mavs/Magic/Jazz color scheme, but wow that's a nice logo.

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

I'm reserving judgement on the T-Wolves. I'm not as wowed by the new logo as most of you, but it's still a vast improvement over what they have now.

I like what appears to be a lighter shade of blue, but no T-Wolves set will work without a significant contribution from the color green. And not as just a subtle after-thought accent color.

The tree hidden in the fur was a good idea, but I think it still would've come off just fine without the black on the right side. Yeah, it would've been much more subtle and implied, but I think that's a good thing. If it's a "hidden" element, you shouldn't be hit over the head with it. Instead, it just looks like somebody slapped a black lightning bolt in there for no apparent reason. I also think they blew it by not making the trees green, along with using green somewhere in the outline.

it just looks like somebody slapped a black lightning bolt in there for no apparent reason.

It forms an upside down T. Kinda weird that they put so many things in like that.

It does? I can't see a "T" in that anywhere. Flipped diagonally, it could be an "N", but that's about it. You could also interpret the black on the ear as an "M". But man, that all seems like it's trying WAY too hard.

(Not a fan of the hidden "M" in the Mavs' logo either, but at least you can tell it's an "M".)

Too much teams with too similar color combos.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Archived