2008/09 NBA New Logos & Uniforms

ebsports

I hope the NO Hornets make a jersey that includes iron piping sorta like the concept that was made a few weeks ago. I don't know if there's a realistic chance of it happening, though.

Also, I hope the T-wolves do a change, they've needed one for 10 years.

lol 10 years? you can't be serious. i know they really need a change but i don't think they've needed one for 10 years lol.

siggg.png

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is from twolvescentral.com forums, dated 6/2 & apparently quoted from the Wolves season ticket holders' e-newsletter:

from today's Wolves MVP Newsletter:

The Timberwolves logo will be receiving a facelift in the upcoming weeks. The facelift will reveal a cleaner, sleeker design of the tree line and script along with subtle changes to the wolf's head. Along with the tweaks of the primary logo, the Timberwolves will unveil a completely re-designed secondary logo that you will see throughout the year in our correspondence. Both logos will debut at the 2008 NBA Draft on June 26. The Wolves' first-round pick will be given a draft cap featuring the new secondary logo.

Discuss among yourselves . . . no big whoop . . . B)

"The Amazing Fabwell... Knows All... SEES All... Tells NOTHING!!

This is from twolvescentral.com forums, dated 6/2 & apparently quoted from the Wolves season ticket holders' e-newsletter:
from today's Wolves MVP Newsletter:

The Timberwolves logo will be receiving a facelift in the upcoming weeks. The facelift will reveal a cleaner, sleeker design of the tree line and script along with subtle changes to the wolf's head. Along with the tweaks of the primary logo, the Timberwolves will unveil a completely re-designed secondary logo that you will see throughout the year in our correspondence. Both logos will debut at the 2008 NBA Draft on June 26. The Wolves' first-round pick will be given a draft cap featuring the new secondary logo.

Discuss among yourselves . . . no big whoop . . . B)

Oooo nice! I cant wait to see it all! I'm most curious to see what the new secondary will be. My thought is that the new secondary could be a side view of the wolf head? Just a guess. Kinda going the Hawks' route maybe? It dosent seem like the colors are changing drastically. Keep in mind, this is all from an outsider's standpoint, these are all just guesses.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

Very interesting. Here's Miami's 2008 Draft hat with a new secondary logo:

PACIADMPFPADEBFM.jpg

The Heat at one time had an alt logo just like this. If I remember correcrtly, it wasn't as blocky as this. It was red, and the flame appeared on the M as well.

edit:

797.gif

the new one is better, this is too cartoony.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

I think the T-Wolves may go with some sort of paw print, or maybe a slashing paw, like FIU's old secondary. Who really knows, but this is my guess because they have never in their history utilized a wolf paw in their identity. I think it's a good idea if done right.

I like the newer Heat alt; the older one always looked like it belonged in nascar.

agreed. (nice find ian)

and yeah, im hoping the twolves clean up the wordmark like i did in my concept; its way too complicated now, and i also like the idea of a paw print if done correctly and not "collegiately"

Also, if you look on eastbay and search 2008 nba draft hat, the only teams hats that dont show up are the Timberwolves and the Heat. Thus, the Heat have yet to unveil this particular MH secondary, and the Timberwolves are indeed revamping their logo.

... and the Hornets don't appear either ...

ujsignature.png

Also, if you look on eastbay and search 2008 nba draft hat, the only teams hats that dont show up are the Timberwolves and the Heat. Thus, the Heat have yet to unveil this particular MH secondary, and the Timberwolves are indeed revamping their logo.

... and the Hornets don't appear either ...

Yeah, but we already know they will use the fleur-de-bee as their official logo.

I think the T-Wolves may go with some sort of paw print, or maybe a slashing paw, like FIU's old secondary. Who really knows, but this is my guess because they have never in their history utilized a wolf paw in their identity. I think it's a good idea if done right.

Or what about something with an outline of Minnesota?

ESPNUAkron.jpg2002-2006 ALUMNI 2007-2009 ESPNUSeton.jpg

Very interesting. Here's Miami's 2008 Draft hat with a new secondary logo:

PACIADMPFPADEBFM.jpg

IDK if any of you guys are thinking the same thing, but obviosly the letters on here are detailed, like somewhat beveled if you know what I mean. They have a slight shadow, so to say. do you guys think the Heat will implement wordmarks with this as well? Like have detailed text and numbers on thier unis? Or do you guys think that this is only for the logo? Thoughts?

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

Archived