2008/09 NBA New Logos & Uniforms

ebsports

Too bad there's no green, as others have said. But that eye is still yellow, right? Perhaps yellow could increase its role in the color scheme if green is out? Blue and yellow is also a lost combo.

Please, no more color scheme-copying after the Nuggets/Grizzlies

Pacers...Warriors...

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Timberwolves Draft Cap:

p4865277dt.jpg

I don't think this logo is all that much better than the one they've been using for the past dozen years. Of course, the uniform do need to be addressed, but as for the new logo I've got two issues with it:

1) This looks WAY too much like the Mavericks. Almost the exact same colors and shape as what Dallas uses.

2) No Green. They're the Timberwloves, the MUST use green!

6uXNWAo.png

Man I hope the Bobcats ditch the sideview logo. That head on version is much more versatile, effective. And I really hope the Timberwolves ditch the current primary. If that new one is the secondary, what's going to happen with the primary?

34886421_z.jpg

Man I hope the Bobcats ditch the sideview logo. That head on version is much more versatile, effective. And I really hope the Timberwolves ditch the current primary. If that new one is the secondary, what's going to happen with the primary?

34886421_z.jpg

Hahahahha. That's funny. (If of course, i caught your drift correctly and you're saying that the current timberwolves primary looks very similar to the Bobcats new secondary).

But boy to I hate how the Suns are using gray as the primary color. ( :puke: )

p4865287dt.jpg

And is it me or does the "PHX" have a little extra shading/beveling than usual. (Or are they trying to get a "raised logo" effect going?)

I think both the Heat and the Suns are modifying their scripts to give them the Hawks shading effect. I don't have any complaints about either one of them really, they both look better that way IMO.

I'm also hoping the PHX logo will be switched to being the primary since it's the only one that's used everywhere.

Too bad there's no green, as others have said. But that eye is still yellow, right? Perhaps yellow could increase its role in the color scheme if green is out? Blue and yellow is also a lost combo.

Please, no more color scheme-copying after the Nuggets/Grizzlies

Pacers...Warriors...

amazingly royal and yellow is original in sports today

Yes, I meant royal blue and yellow. But maybe the NBA isn't the right league for that with all of those navy-yellow teams that were just mentioned.

Got some quotes from a Wolves board about the new logo/unis:

According To An Intern In The Timberwolves Office:

Tree Piping is Gone: The Piping is all black

New Font: I couldn't find out if both Jerseys say Timberwolves, or if one says Minnesota or if one says Wolves. But the Intern said "It is no longer in Italics (which he meant the Timberwolves Font)

Other than that...no huge changes. More of a change like the Sixers last year, or Pistons old blue/red to new blue/red.

The Timberwolves logo will be receiving a facelift in the upcoming weeks. The facelift will reveal a cleaner, sleeker design of the tree line and script along with subtle changes to the wolf's head. Along with the tweaks of the primary logo, the Timberwolves will unveil a completely re-designed secondary logo that you will see throughout the year in our correspondence. Both logos will debut at the 2008 NBA Draft on June 26. The Wolves' first-round pick will be given a draft cap featuring the new secondary logo.

And some are saying that they claim the numbering will be something like the Minnesota Lynx script.

LINK: http://rubechat.kfan.com/forums/3115182/ShowThread.aspx

16 NBA Titles

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

Got some quotes from a Wolves board about the new logo/unis:
According To An Intern In The Timberwolves Office:

Tree Piping is Gone: The Piping is all black

New Font: I couldn't find out if both Jerseys say Timberwolves, or if one says Minnesota or if one says Wolves. But the Intern said "It is no longer in Italics (which he meant the Timberwolves Font)

Other than that...no huge changes. More of a change like the Sixers last year, or Pistons old blue/red to new blue/red.

The Timberwolves logo will be receiving a facelift in the upcoming weeks. The facelift will reveal a cleaner, sleeker design of the tree line and script along with subtle changes to the wolf's head. Along with the tweaks of the primary logo, the Timberwolves will unveil a completely re-designed secondary logo that you will see throughout the year in our correspondence. Both logos will debut at the 2008 NBA Draft on June 26. The Wolves' first-round pick will be given a draft cap featuring the new secondary logo.

And some are saying that they claim the numbering will be something like the Minnesota Lynx script.

LINK: http://rubechat.kfan.com/forums/3115182/ShowThread.aspx

So, the only changes to the uni are basically no more trees, and a different font. That means no green folks, no green.

F that.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

From the rubechat.kfan T-Wolves forum, a link to possible leak on official team site:

Timberwolves leak new logos?

Probably the new font, and I'm not sure what's up with the wolf and the white spot on its face...

I don't like the lack of green, but at least the font's better.

Yeah that's gotta be a leak. Aside from the obvious white spot on his it's face, the wolf looks alot more detailed and has a sleeker look almost.

I agree, that font looks awesome. I love it.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

That updated font looks better, but I don't think the updated primary was necessary. The biggest thing from this redesign is the apparent loss of green, which is a definite mistake for the Timberwolves.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

That looks f--king retardeddd....aggravating....what the hell is that white blotch, looks like the wolf works for a construction company and got paint splatter on his mouth... And got damn you'd think by now they'd realize that the eyes look stupid yellow...stupid, stupid, stupid. Looks even worse than the old wolf head. Green...where is the green????

If you're going to do something, do it right....terrible.

The typeface isnt really doing it for me.

summer_sweeps_header2_08_585.jpg

TwolvesWordmark.png

Compared to:

805.gif

The Pacers, Pistons, Bucks, and Jazz have all recently done something along the lines of this. And I'll be honest--all have turned out subpar, just ok, nothing great, nothing that really did the job or made things all that much better for any of the teams brand identities. Disappointment after another what the hell's going on in the NBA marketing dept?

REALLY?!!

Archived