2008/09 NBA New Logos & Uniforms

ebsports

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
82125155li6.jpg

comparison:

AAEB011.jpg

looks like they took sacramento off the aways (+1 for getting rid of the monarchs' font), and used black font

on first look i think it looks kinda cool/different, and i like the new stripes down the sides.. but might be hard to read the numbers/player name (if also in black, but i doubt it) at arco/on tv

From that link on the last page you can see sneak peeks of the new Magic jersey (Courtney Lee photo) and maybe the new T'Wolves jersey (Kevin Love photo). I hope the Wolves one is just a practice jersey though, it's pretty awful.

That would be Patrick Ewing Jr. who, oddly enough, is the son of Patrick Ewing Sr.

link?

are you joking?

obviously

t wolves - the neck kind of ruins the rest of the jersey, which isn't too horrible (i like that there is more green in it than the previous one)

magic - i'm glad they are going with the blue, and not the rumored return to black aways

Glimpse of the Magic with pinstripes:

cleeuk7.jpg

So, from that image and the sketches of the rumored Hornets jerseys, it looks like the two teams to re-introduce pinstripes (and the only two teams to have them at all this year) will have them in the same style. Just 4-6 widely spaced individual stripes.

I'll wait until I see it in full, but from what I'm imagining it'll be pretty bad.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Yeah, it's frustrating seeing those Timberwolves jerseys, there's a few elements that could have gone right, but they seemingly dropped the ball on each one. Please tell me that is an undershirt he is wearing, and not a partially-done collar.

JerseySiggy.png

Signature Eternally Under Construction

Here it is folks:

kloveminng0.jpg

OMG. They made them WORSE. They didn't just keep the treetrim, they completely SCREWED IT UP. It gives the unfortunate impression that Love has some sort of weird garb underneath his jersey. Hideous, and absolutely destroys any form to the shirt. Notice how all the goofiness up in the sleeves and collar makes the body look wider and fatter (the miniscule number and team name helps none).

This is just disastrous. I can't remember the last time an NBA uniform redo made me physically wretch like this. They kept all the bad elements from the previous set and merely made them worse. Ha ha, great work.

Archived