Minnesota Timberwolves

Conrad.

I'd definitely pick the blue over the green as a primary. I don't know about the piping going around the logo, I'd probably have it run "under" the logo, and maybe put the lines a bit closer together.

Of course, I'd also continue to use the tree trim, but that's because I think it's awesome. :)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The more I look at this concept, the more I love the version with "WOLVES" across the front instead of Timberwolves.

That's one of my major criticisms of the current set, too. I think the abbreviated term has more presence on the shirt.

These are outstanding! One thing I would do is tweak the short's piping...I'd contour/round it around the logo on the shorts in the way that the line that's on the left side at the top of the shorts ends on the right at the bottom hem, and vice/versa for the other side, so you have this rounded, "windstream" look around the ball and it looks less choppy. Just a suggestion though. Also I'd like to see these with black replacing the navy. NOT that I think that would look better as it would tie in the old uniforms less, but it would look like a tweak of the currents and also I think it'd be interesting to see. But all in all I really like the work you have done on these!

98Falcons.png

I think these are great (as someone said no more BLACK). The blue jerseys do look better than the green ones but to many teams have Navy blue primaries (as been echoed many times). I think you should darken the green (maybe like Celtics green or A's green), keep the white letters but switch silver for blue (in terms of prominence) and add thinner inner or outer piping to all the unis. Plus as someone else said, you should circle the short piping instead of the sharp piping and make the piping really close or closer to the short logo.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

i think the unis are really fresh. one thing i think would be better is to see the "wolves" that you have on the blue unis on the white unis. i think seeing the full "timberwolves" is too busy. i think this is a great step up from what the wolves had when they first entered the league. very nicely done.

The more I look at this concept, the more I love the version with "WOLVES" across the front instead of Timberwolves.

That's one of my major criticisms of the current set, too. I think the abbreviated term has more presence on the shirt.

I agree. "Timberwolves" is just too long a word for the uniform.

I actually disagree with this, though maybe it's just the way that it works in that font or how it's laid out.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I apologize for jumping in to this late.

I think you have a great idea in incorporating the original logo (which I still like) with the new tertiary. The suggestion I would make is to change the original "Timberpuppy" into a more fierce wolf. Work with the "shagginess" of the tertiary to add some dimension to the ears, cheeks and chin. I also think a more growling, hunting wolf-head image would be better than the wolf that looks like he is anticipating a treat from his master.

I actually disagree with this, though maybe it's just the way that it works in that font or how it's laid out.

I've been waiting for someone to go old-school and split it between the top and the bottom of the jersey, probably in an arch.

TIMBER

WOLVES

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I really like what you've done here. That being said, I've always wondered why everyone looks to tweak the old logo when the current wolf head logo could be recolored with the old colors and look good as well. Swap the grey for white, the black for blue, and the old blue for green... change the red tounge to green and leave the eyes yellow. I just think it would look sweet. I would do it better myself, but I haven't the program, time, or know-how to do it well.

Wolf Tweak

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

I believe using the current wordmark is pretty much the biggest mistake possible, as its completely illegible from anything farther than 4 feet away.

I like the WOLVES script on the Blue, but I'd like to think the script will be gone all together. It was original and fun for a while in the 1990s, but feels antiquated to me now.

The colors are good, the green prominence I feel is your best move. I would suggest the modified puppy as starting point for a meaner wolf. Why not have a pack of five wolves? Maybe I should just shut up and make something myself. :)

Nice compilation of old, new and some of your own flair so far though Conrad.

I really like what you've done here. That being said, I've always wondered why everyone looks to tweak the old logo when the current wolf head logo could be recolored with the old colors and look good as well. Swap the grey for white, the black for blue, and the old blue for green... change the red tounge to green and leave the eyes yellow. I just think it would look sweet. I would do it better myself, but I haven't the program, time, or know-how to do it well.

Wolf Tweak

THAT LOOKS AMAZING

High Quality Entertainment for the masses.

DiamondbacksSig.pngsuperbowlxliii-1.png

thanks for all the great feedback everyone...

so im attempting to change the piping, and here's my first solution:

wolveshomeqb2.gif

better? worse? what could i change?

That's better, but perhaps it could be improved more by filling in the side panels with a color. Blue might do the trick.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

I would make the short logos a bit smaller and fill the side panels on the jersey and short with the light grey color of the basketball.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

I like the update.

I think it would look much beetter with colored side panels and a smaller logo.

Right now it kinda reminds me og the Pacers newer look:

41-53905-F.jpg

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Archived