MLB Spring Training Begins!

CC97

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked the uniforms last year, and it seems to me like nothing will change (except for Toronto & San Diego). The fabric they use on the jerseys and the hats are simply amazing.

Last year I bought a Toronto Spring Training Hat (Is it Batting Practice as well?) and I must admit it's is the most comfortable-fitting baseball cap I have EVER worn.

I'm waiting for my local sports apparel store to have the new black spring training caps (although I'm kinda worried cause all I see is the graphite ones) but they told me the'll have black ones so I dunno.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

wow now that im seeing those jays hats in action(well sorta) im liking them. i like them more each time i look at them :D

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

Last year I bought a Toronto Spring Training Hat (Is it Batting Practice as well?) and I must admit it's is the most comfortable-fitting baseball cap I have EVER worn.

I second that. I've had my Yankees spring training hat for about a year now and it's one of the most comfortable, longest-lasting hats I've had.

wow now that im seeing those jays hats in action(well sorta) im liking them. i like them more each time i look at them :D

I wasn't feeling the new hats until IGN posted a full 9-inning game from MVP Baseball with the Jays and I saw them in "action"

IGN - MVP Baseball - A's vs. Jays

For those that watch the video, please note that the Jays will be wearing black helmets, not graphite.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

i've thought about getting a cubs bp hat, and as of today i could actually get it to fit. new era, though, i find it somewhat laughable that they specialize in hats. got some new era hats and some reebok hats (all size 8) and the new eras all feel different. an astros throwback-style one (yup, the ugly one i mentioned in the past) fits good even when i let my hair grow...however a nets one feels tighter around my head, like it's 7 3/4. all the reeboks fit the same, basically, and they're good fits. got the packers w/original 'heisman' packer and also a bears one, been meaning to get myself a falcons one.

the current bp hats, i'd like to ask kevin mench about em, as he's said to also have a size 8 hat size:D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Interesting to note that the Cubs logo with the bearcub in the C is slightly different between the jersey and the cap.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Interesting to note that the Cubs logo with the bearcub in the C is slightly different between the jersey and the cap.

It's kind of like the Dolphins' helmet logo in the early 70's -- we have the cubs' hind leg in front of the "C" on the jersey and behind the "C" on the cap.

I have the same problem with those BP hats. I'm in-between a M-L and L-XL. It's the same thing with the new adidas hats they sent us at UT this year. I had to take an adjustable because the fitted ones were either way too tight or too big.

It's kind of like the Dolphins' helmet logo in the early 70's -- we have the cubs' hind leg in front of the "C" on the jersey and behind the "C" on the cap.

I never noticed that before. Then again, I don't pay much attention to the navy stuff in the stores, because I'm not a fan. I obviously prefer other secondary marks as well. :)

And I must be in the minority, but nothing feels better to me than a regular MLB cap. I like my caps high, I guess. Didn't like the 'low profiles' that used to be out, and most caps feel too low to me. Guess it's from a lifetime of 5950s...

My only problem is that they always used to shrink on me, but somehow I have a Cubs cap from 1996 that has held up for eight years (well, it doesn't look great underneath, but it still fits).

Archived