Red Sox To Wear Green On Friday

Wally1912

Moments ago during the pregame show on NESN, Heidi Watney, the sideline reporter, mentioned the Red Sox are trying to have green jerseys ready in time for Friday night's home game vs St Louis. This is obviously to honor the Celtics for capturing their 17th NBA title last night.

I don't know if it will be the cool base style on sale through MLB.com or the older mesh jersey that the team has worn previously.

51jmYxh5chL._SS500_.jpg469066886_677444727e.jpg

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that's a very cool idea. Hopefully they're like the uniforms worn for the Red Auerbach tribute last year. The only problem I have for the Cool Base jerseys is that blue is substituted for red. How can they be the Red Sox if they don't wear any red?

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Moments ago during the pregame show on NESN, Heidi Watney, the sideline reporter, mentioned the Red Sox are trying to have green jerseys ready in time for Friday night's home game vs St Louis. This is obviously to honor the Celtics for capturing their 17th NBA title last night.

I don't know if it will be the cool base style on sale through MLB.com or the older mesh jersey that the team has worn previously.

51jmYxh5chL._SS500_.jpg469066886_677444727e.jpg

Wow, that's the first time I've seen those green cool base Sox jerseys. Not bad...but like slapshot said..."where's the red?"

Fantastic idea, nonetheless. I think it just goes to show how Boston is unique in the way it worships its sports teams. Yes, WORSHIPS. B)

Now...when do the green Patriots jerseys arrive? Huh? Somebody with Photoshop wanna do a rendition? :D

I think that's a very cool idea. Hopefully they're like the uniforms worn for the Red Auerbach tribute last year. The only problem I have for the Cool Base jerseys is that blue is substituted for red. How can they be the Red Sox if they don't wear any red?

As long as their socks are red, the jersey color is irrelevant.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

As long as their socks are red, the jersey color is irrelevant.

i agree.

as long as the sox are red, i don't care if there's no red anywhere else in the uniform.

Another example of the whores who own the Red Sox trying to bilk their fans out of every last nickel. Oh, I forgot, the team doesn't have a lot of money because you paid so much for it, and you play in a small stadium.

First they wore green uniforms as a "tribute" to Red Auerbach, now this. I didn't see anyone in Boston wearing red uniforms for you guys.

C'mon Lucchino, everyone knows you're a scumbag and your wife's a lush.

And yes, I am a season ticket holder.

Perhaps you should consider being part of the solution, then, instead of part of the problem.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Another example of the whores who own the Red Sox trying to bilk their fans out of every last nickel. Oh, I forgot, the team doesn't have a lot of money because you paid so much for it, and you play in a small stadium.

First they wore green uniforms as a "tribute" to Red Auerbach, now this. I didn't see anyone in Boston wearing red uniforms for you guys.

I'll take those if you don't want to give those whores your money.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Perhaps you should consider being part of the solution, then, instead of part of the problem.

I am, I'm a Yankee fan who's a Sox season ticket holder. I have faboo seats I've had since college, so giving them up would be crazy. I started in the bleachers and now I'm 8 rows behind the visiting team's on deck circle... the visiting teams love me. I've gotten to know many of the traveling secretaries and people who travel with the team, so I get lots of "stuff" from the teams to wear and root against the Sox.

My clients, unfortunately, love the seats, so I pay for them every year. I think I go about 15 games a year.

Now...when do the green Patriots jerseys arrive? Huh? Somebody with Photoshop wanna do a rendition? :D

All you need to do is pull out an old Washington Federals jersey, and you have it. :) (BTW, can anyone explain why the hell they chose green, black and silver as their colors instead of red, white and blue!?)

Maybe I can set you up with some jerseys in exchange for a pair for a Sox game!

Not a fan of this idea. The Cubs and White Sox made it through six championships without wearing Bulls-themed jerseys... and the Sox and Bulls share an owner.

Plus, it feels less like a tribute and more like, "How can we capitalize on another team's success?" and "What else can we do with these green jerseys we have laying around?" (or are these actually different than the ones from before -- even worse)

They didn't even wear the "special" gold-trimmed 2004 World Series championship jerseys for anything other than the 2005 home opener pregame, did they? And those were for a title they actually won.

I actually like this idea even less than when I started typing this reply.

They didn't even wear the "special" gold-trimmed 2004 World Series championship jerseys for anything other than the 2005 home opener pregame, did they? And those were for a title they actually won.

Haven't all the teams that won since then done the same thing? I know the Cardinals did...did the White Sox do it or the Red Sox again? I can't remember.

Here's a news item about the tribute to the Celtics and it contains a mention of the green jerseys.

The Sox, who honored the late Red Auerbach by wearing green jerseys for an April game in 2007, may do so again tomorrow if logistics allow. The team is trying to get Celtics players who will remain in the area after today?s parade to head to Fenway to be feted.

It sounds to me the Sox are scrambling to get them made up since they didn't wear green for St Patrick's Day this year as they had a road game in Tampa against the Yankees.

Haven't all the teams that won since then done the same thing? I know the Cardinals did...did the White Sox do it or the Red Sox again? I can't remember.

I think that the White Sox wore a World Series Champs patch on their hat and/or jerseys. But did the Cardinals wear the gold-trimmed uniforms in their home opener? I think the point that was being made was that the Red Sox didn't even wear the uniforms to commemorate their own championship in an actual game, but they are wearing green for another team's championship in a game.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I think that the White Sox wore a World Series Champs patch on their hat and/or jerseys. But did the Cardinals wear the gold-trimmed uniforms in their home opener? I think the point that was being made was that the Red Sox didn't even wear the uniforms to commemorate their own championship in an actual game, but they are wearing green for another team's championship in a game.

Hmmm...maybe not. I know you could buy authentics and I guess I just assumed they were worn.

Archived