Flyers Concept

jkrdevil

Well, This is my first concept on the new board. Ironically, it is for a team I absolutely hate the Philadelphia Flyers. I used thier current template. There is a home orange, the current white and thier current black is now an alt. I did a moderenization off the logo (without silver) for all 3 uniforms. Plus on the Black I made the logo orange. Comments are always welcomed.

flyersconcept.gif

looks good jkr...

ditch the orange logo or make the center puck black..it looks like a negative or something

add some color to the sleeve striping so they are less monochromatic...the black jersey has three-color stripes, but the other 2 are 2-color. Make them all 3-color for consistency.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

JKRDevil

I am going to be different from the group, I like the black jersey with the orange logo. Only suggestion, a bit more black trim on the orange "flyer". A thicker white outline would help to make it show up better on the black jersey.

However, your the artist - I think you did a great job! :grin:

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

One suggestion to add to what's already been said: to enhance the definition of the logos, I'd suggest making the highlights (white on the black version, black on the orange) a little thicker. Not too much, but a bit.

Nice concept!

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

While I'm partial to the original, I do like what you have done with the logo. I think the interier trim (white on the black version, black on the orange) like SyPhi suggested and perhaps cast off more of a shadow feel (The the layering of Rangers Number and letter scheme) off of the left.

Nice job.

I like the orange jerseys I really wish they bring them back I think their black jersys are ugly.

Jowever you black concept with the Orange P just dont look right.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The tweaks to the logo are nice, but the jerseys just aren't different enough from the current ones, and I find the current ones really, really dated.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

While I think that the Detroit and Montreal logos can never be changed...can we see a new logo in Philadelphia or is it also untouchable?

As a Flyer fan, I say the logo is an untouchable icon that has stood the test of time, and should stay around as long as Detroit or Montreal.

Jkrdevil - I am also not a fan of the orange logo or the "moderenization" of the logo. I like the jerseys, but they so seem somewhat similar to the current ones.

Whatcha gonna do when the Ultimate MegaPowers run wild over you!

UMPPrimarySig.jpgUMPWarriorSig.jpgUMPAltSig.jpg

Yeah I think teh Flyers logo is pretty much untochable although a secondary could probabblyy be introdiuced, and I have a great idea for it too.

A Liberty Bell with wings.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

While I think that the Detroit and Montreal logos can never be changed...can we see a new logo in Philadelphia or is it also untouchable?

As a Flyer fan, I say the logo is an untouchable icon that has stood the test of time, and should stay around as long as Detroit or Montreal.

Jkrdevil - I am also not a fan of the orange logo or the "moderenization" of the logo. I like the jerseys, but they so seem somewhat similar to the current ones.

Even the original 6 have seen their logos tweaked a bit over time, so to call the Flyer's logo 'untouchable' is highly questionable. I don't think the changes here are any more drastic than some of the adjustments that we've seen in even the most 'sacred' logos.

I would argue that logos are open to being adjusted, as long as they stay true to the team's identity. Look outside of sports, and you can see that some of the oldest companies have kept the same logo for 60, 80, even more than 100 years. But, if you look closer, you'll notice that even those 80-year old logos have adapted several times. My favorite example is the John Deere logo... it's always changing, yet it's still pretty much the same.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Archived