OKC NBA to announce nickname, logo, colors September 3

Burmy

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many times do I have to say this? It should be the 'Blunder' because moving this team from Seattle IS a blunderful move and I hope the team sucks so bad that the heartless bastard of an owner sells the team to the NBA so they can destroy this abomination and bring back the REAL Sonics.

Halle-freaking lujah!!!!

Four colors eh?

Shall we start the speculation on what those four colors might be?

I'm kind of unsure at this point, though I feel like black will be one of the main colors

1.Deep Red

2.Light Blue

3.Tan/Wheat/Gold

4.White

No? You're probably right.

How many times do I have to say this? It should be the 'Blunder' because moving this team from Seattle IS a blunderful move and I hope the team sucks so bad that the heartless bastard of an owner sells the team to the NBA so they can destroy this abomination and bring back the REAL Sonics.

If Hurricane Gustav hits New Orleans (hopefully not), Seattle may get another NBA team sooner than expected.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/weather/08/27/g...nola/index.html

If Hurricane Gustav hits New Orleans (hopefully not), Seattle may get another NBA team sooner than expected.

I am sorry, but that is not funny.

Thanks :censored:, I'm in the military and 1,000 miles from home with a family in New Orleans. You are not funny at all :evil:

Saints2.pnglsu21bcs1.png

saintsflagbd4.jpg

For what it's worth, the backdrop to the unveiling information on OKC's website is a picture of an OKC court. They used 2-tone stain and the colors were a gradient from (you guessed it) dark to light blue.

ujsignature.png

Thanks :censored:, I'm in the military and 1,000 miles from home with a family in New Orleans. You are not funny at all :evil:

Not trying to be funny, just stating the reality that another hurricane could potentially hit the city and as a result I would think Seattle would be the logical location for the Hornets to temporarily move to. Hopefully it doesn't come to that.

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

OKLAHOMA CITY -- Oklahoma City's new NBA franchise has finally set a date to announce its name and team colours.

The team said Wednesday that it would unveil the name and colours simultaneously on its website and at a downtown event Sept. 3.

Clay Bennett's ownership group has applied for trademarks for six names: Thunder, Energy, Wind, Marshalls, Barons and Bison.

Oklahoma City television station KOCO has reported that the choice will be Thunder, but Bennett has refused to comment on what the name will be.

The former Seattle SuperSonics announced on July 2 that they would be moving to Oklahoma City.

Found on sportsnet.ca

beLEAF

Not trying to be funny, just stating the reality that another hurricane could potentially hit the city and as a result I would think Seattle would be the logical location for the Hornets to temporarily move to. Hopefully it doesn't come to that.

Nah....Kansas City's closer.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Here ya go:

OklahomaCityThunder_PF1_9999_SOL_SR.jpg

...redefining bold, dynamic and revolutionary in terms of design.

(OK. I got nothin'.)

Do those colours have fun PANTONE names too?

Nope...I went with standard PMS colors: 427 C, 7541 C, Cool Gray 1 C, and Transparent White.

(A swing and a miss in the humor dept. on my behalf!)

Archived