OKC NBA to announce nickname, logo, colors September 3

Burmy

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How many times do I have to say this? It should be the 'Blunder' because moving this team from Seattle IS a blunderful move and I hope the team sucks so bad that the heartless bastard of an owner sells the team to the NBA so they can destroy this abomination and bring back the REAL Sonics.

If Hurricane Gustav hits New Orleans (hopefully not), Seattle may get another NBA team sooner than expected.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/weather/08/27/g...nola/index.html

Thanks :censored:, I'm in the military and 1,000 miles from home with a family in New Orleans. You are not funny at all :evil:

Not trying to be funny, just stating the reality that another hurricane could potentially hit the city and as a result I would think Seattle would be the logical location for the Hornets to temporarily move to. Hopefully it doesn't come to that.

Nah....Kansas City's closer.

exactly what i was thinking today as i watched the weather channel.

also, eRay's color ideas seem accurate to me, tho i wouldnt mind seeing an Oklahoma City Wind team with 3 shades of grey ;)

http://newsok.com/okc-nba-team-nickname-ex.../?tm=1219874400

Get ready for the worst-kept secret in the NBA to finally be revealed! (Hopefully the Thunder will come up with a good set)

Hate the name...but then I hate all those "singular" names like Heat, Avalanche, Express, Extreme, Power, Gold, Wild etc.

Weren't there better names than Thunder???????

Yep, Barons.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Get ready for the worst-kept secret in the NBA to finally be revealed! (Hopefully the Thunder will come up with a good set)

Hate the name...but then I hate all those "singular" names like Heat, Avalanche, Express, Extreme, Power, Gold, Wild etc.

Yep, Barons.

But then they couldn't use this as the logo:

thunderlogo.jpg

(That'll get a chuckle out of five people. Sorry about that.)

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Yep, Barons.

But then they couldn't use this as the logo:

thunderlogo.jpg

(That'll get a chuckle out of five people. Sorry about that.)

Lemme guess...that has something to do with rasslin', right?

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

For what it's worth, type any of the following:

www.nba.com/barons

www.nba.com/bisons

www.nba.com/energy

www.nba.com/marshalls

www.nba.com/wind

you get: NBA.com Sorry, Page Not Found

If you type:

www.nba.com/thunder

you get a completely white blank page

Thunder it is.

spacer.png

FANTASY SPORTS: UBA (NBA): New York Scrapers | CL (MLB): St Pete Beach Clippers

www.nba.com/barons

www.nba.com/bisons

www.nba.com/energy

www.nba.com/marshalls

www.nba.com/wind

If you type:

www.nba.com/thunder

Thunder it is.

That makes the Baby Jesus cry.

www.nba.com/barons

www.nba.com/bisons

www.nba.com/energy

www.nba.com/marshalls

www.nba.com/wind

If you type:

www.nba.com/thunder

Thunder it is.

That, and the schedule slip-up earlier, are mistakes leagues made years ago. Hasn't the NBA done this before? Maybe with the Hornets or Grizzlies? This all seems familiar. Anyway, glad they still haven't learned from them. (Unless they have and Thunder really is just some evil misdirection scheme.)

So... I got to thinking... IF it ends up NOT being the Thunder... do we treat "Oklahoma City Thunder" in the same light as say the pre-Hornets "Charlotte Spirit"? I mean, we're seeing multiple official and semi-offical references to OKC Thunder, so is that good enough to put the name on the official record should it end up not being the name that gets used in action?

Big what if, but I think we need to consider it... even if it means giving the NBA and Bennett & Co. too much credit for the diversion and being able to keep a secret.

So... I got to thinking... IF it ends up NOT being the Thunder... do we treat "Oklahoma City Thunder" in the same light as say the pre-Hornets "Charlotte Spirit"? I mean, we're seeing multiple official and semi-offical references to OKC Thunder, so is that good enough to put the name on the official record should it end up not being the name that gets used in action?

Big what if, but I think we need to consider it... even if it means giving the NBA and Bennett & Co. too much credit for the diversion and being able to keep a secret.

If it's not Thunder, then I nominate the OKC franchise for "swerve of the year." Hell - that may be the swerve of the millennium.

Also, they will instantly become my favorite Western conference team

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived