OKC NBA to announce nickname, logo, colors September 3

Burmy

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To call this an epic failure would be the understatement of the year.

Agreed. Who the hell did they get to design this logo? Kinkos? Worst. Rebrand. Ever. By far. A team called "Thunder" and the logo has no clouds, no lightning, nothing at all really. And the workmark looks like it was done is MS Word. After this nonsense the fans in Seattle should march on OKC and storm the arena and physically take the team back. They took away the Sonics and 40 years of history... for this? Outrageous.

After seeing this, the London 2012 logo, and the Italian tourism board logo, I feel my time as a designer may be over. Seems the only logos that get produced are horrible. Don't get it.

Man what the hell is an INITIAL PRIMARY? Isn't that a redundancy?

It's just bull :censored:. The secondary will just be the :censored:in' logo without THUNDER hovering the :censored: along the top of it.

What bull :censored:. Just a huge :censored:in disgrace. I'm going to print this out and wipe my ass with it after breakfast tomorrow.

I still can't fathom how these asscats had the audacity to say sht like:

"First of all we want to thank ever.yone involved in creating the logo, and uh, creating a name, takes a tremendous amount of work, uh it does take some time, not that anybody was really paying attention to the amount of time it was taking."

"..And gratetful to have a logo that we're hoping becomes synonymous with the things that we want our ba-ba sketball team to be, which is a team to be represented by work ethic, professionalism, and the community itself."

LOL

What a prick. Guess whatever it takes to save your balls after an underwhelming "day of excitement" in Oklahoma City.

It's just bull :censored:. The secondary will just be the :censored:in' logo without THUNDER hovering the :censored: along the top of it.

What bull :censored:. Just a huge :censored:in disgrace. I'm going to print this out and wipe my ass with it after breakfast tomorrow.

"First of all we want to thank ever.yone involved in creating the logo, and uh, creating a name, takes a tremendous amount of work, uh it does take some time, not that anybody was really paying attention to the amount of time it was taking."

"..And gratetful to have a logo that we're hoping becomes synonymous with the things that we want our ba-ba sketball team to be, which is a team to be represented by work ethic, professionalism, and the community itself."

LOL

What a prick. Guess whatever it takes to save your balls after an underwhelming "day of excitement" in Oklahoma City.

Dude, I think you need to chill out.

bSLCtu2.png

Calm down? Man I spent months trying to perfect the different options I had for these guys. Worked with an Oklahoma based company who kept telling me they were trying there best to get in front of Clay with my ideas and their flash presentations. Only to see them come with some sub par trash like this.

You may or may not understand where I'm coming from, just frustrating. Tired of the bs, that's all.

And what the hell is an initial primary?

Sorry Chris, just needed to vent.

Given that context, your maddening rant is well-justified.

I think that he means to change logos in the future, and the initial primary is just to slap on merch and start getting some cash before OKC realizes how unsmoothly this transition has been.

LOL

darth%20sidious.jpg

Yessss...yesssss. Goood. Goood. Let the hate flow.

Calm down? Man I spent months trying to perfect the different options I had for these guys. Worked with an Oklahoma based company who kept telling me they were trying there best to get in front of Clay with my ideas and their flash presentations. Only to see them come with some sub par trash like this.

You may or may not understand where I'm coming from, just frustrating. Tired of the bs, that's all.

And what the hell is an initial primary?

Sorry Chris, just needed to vent.

Doesn't matter how much time you spent on something...doesn't make it some great awe inspiring logo. I don't know how many things I did in 10 mins that are 10 times better than things I did in 10 hours.

Welcome to the sports logo world. Trust me it can be frustrating. Heck...welcome to graphic design. You're going to be disappointed every day of your career by the decisions that are made. The best piece of advice I heard on this subject was, try not to fall in love with anything too much. The second you fall in love with something you do, its going to be crapped on and rejected.

Also...think. You think some Oklahoma company that hasn't been contacted by the team is really going to get something in front of the team? You know how these things work by now...and that's the opposite way it works.

Archived