OKC NBA to announce nickname, logo, colors September 3

Burmy

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If court documents are to be believed, then Bennett and co. have had about two years to sort all this out. Granted, getting caught with logos in development last summer might have been a bad thing, but they can't possibly find this acceptable, right?

I wonder how hard they were looking for an identity, or how high an established firm priced them. I would imagine two months is enough time for the big firms to produce a logo, right? Especially when it's such a priority?

I suppose there are justifications for why this logo is so bad, but I don't know that I'd accept them. If this is step one of basketball in Oklahoma, I'd be worried if I were a new OKC fan.

On the plus side, I like that shade of blue.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I'm ashamed. Oklahoma City deserves better.

You mean the Hornets?

Really though, Oklahoma City should have taken notes from New Orleans and added some REAL regional flavor to the logo, something western and/or rustic using black, brown and gold -- not this yellow sun, blue sky and red flowers bull:censored:!

6uXNWAo.png

At first I thought this was just a place keeping logo. When I first saw the logo I didn't realize the extent of the ugliness until it hit me that the logo was actually final. After that I cried a little bit and reminisced on the Seattle Sonics who I thought had one of the best logos and uniforms in the NBA. I'd take the Buffaslug, Fisherman, and Ducks logo over this monstrosity.

I'm ashamed. Oklahoma City deserves better.

You mean the Hornets?

Really though, Oklahoma City should have taken notes from New Orleans and added some REAL regional flavor to the logo, something western and/or rustic using black, brown and gold -- not this yellow sun, blue sky and red flowers bull:censored:!

Affimitive. Thunder isn't some sun-shiny type thing that lightens up people's days. No, Thunder should be a threatening name with "intimidating" colors (such as the colors that you just mentioned). Unfortunately, Bennett and Company didn't get the memo.

And such a pity too, I'd pick the Robber Barons anyday over the Blunder. At least the mock-up uniform and wordmark was unique.

OKCBlunder.jpg

:lol: :lol: Man, for a first post, this is hilarious.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Wow, I checked in this morning and it was up to post #163. Now it's post #432.

I skipped the logo, but will now double back and be underwhelmed.

EDIT: Wow, having looked at it... wow. I haven't read everyone's posts, but I can't think of anything that has yet to be said. The general crappiness of this logo leaves me at a loss for words as it is.

this logo sucks so bad that the following statement by the "angry video game nerd" applies(some cursing involved here. my apologies)

this logo :censored:in sucks, it suckin :censored:s, it :censored:ing blows, and i dont like it.

i'd rather be pl;aying with dog turds.

i'd rather have a buffallo take a diahreeah dump in my ear than look at this logo one more second

parents, dont let your kids look at this logo. it is a form of child abuse.

:singing; he's the angriest sports logo nerd you've ever seen, he's so mad he makes up his own words. the angry sports logo nerd :end singing:

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

With so many possibilities available they went with the most generic design. The only somewhat "reasonable" expectation I can think of is that they wanted a logo that would be similar to the sonics'. Some of you may be thinking, WTF, it's not similar, but really if you look at the individual components it is. Wordmark above the ball. Shape in the background. A basketball. Anyway, that's no excuse, this logo sucks! Every single concept on these boards would be an improvement.

Represent with the new OKC Thunder fail sigs!

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?sh...p;#entry1009927

*paging Bring Back the Vet*

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

To call this an epic failure would be the understatement of the year.

Agreed. Who the hell did they get to design this logo? Kinkos? Worst. Rebrand. Ever. By far. A team called "Thunder" and the logo has no clouds, no lightning, nothing at all really. And the workmark looks like it was done is MS Word. After this nonsense the fans in Seattle should march on OKC and storm the arena and physically take the team back. They took away the Sonics and 40 years of history... for this? Outrageous.

Represent with the new OKC Thunder fail sigs!

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?sh...p;#entry1009927

*paging Bring Back the Vet*

Nice knowin' ya fonz.

EDIT: not really.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived