OKC NBA to announce nickname, logo, colors September 3

Burmy

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks like the bastard child of a three-way between the late 80s Spurs, the 90s Cavs, and the 00s Warriors.

1. That's not a bad description of it.

2. This is NOT worse than the Buffaslug. The 'Slug was at least supposed to be something tangible (a buffalo) and came out without legs, and some weird horn-like shapes that make it look like... well... a slug.

3. Moderators / CC: Can the next person who makes a "EPIC FAIL" joke (and I use the word joke loosely) be banned... or killed? Do you have the power to kill?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

D@mnit. I said I would be a fan of this team, and they reward me with this :censored:?!

:censored: s

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Lakers & Knicks are just classic. You're not going to have a lake and a pair of pants for a logo. So it works for them.

Also remember, those were all logos created decades upon decades ago.

But this pile of malaria-infested excrement? In 2008? Where you've got Studio Simon & Joe Bosack & Verlander and the like...and this is the sht they pop out? REALLY REPRESENTS SOME SERIOUS THUNDER THEIR HUH CLAY??

:censored:.

Ignorance is bliss. Keep lying to your fans. Oh red and yellow sunset light blue...shut the :censored: up. Just horrible.

And yes, colorwerx, a very interesting choice to represent my current state. On point.

What is their contact information? I really just wanna rip them all a new one in an email. Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggggg wtf.

3. Moderators / CC: Can the next person who makes a "EPIC FAIL" joke (and I use the word joke loosely) be banned... or killed? Do you have the power to kill?

I definately second this.

First off, as previously mentioned, the logo sucks.

But, I love these colors! ColorWerx, can you do a side-by-side of the light blue for the Thunder and the Creole Blue from the Hornets. They look eerily similar.

That's not a good logo, but I don't think it's any worse than the Clippers, Lakers or Knicks.

ioxjye9im9phdgfyfxvj1xb71.gifqhhpegvatgupdb3nskfsfnmd5.gifqq6jhhi515f6i5d38errfwyr1.gifgvn0buivdd9hxvtz19qjrzgfm.gif

They're just letters and a basketball. They don't represent their nicknames at all.

EPIC FA...[ducks to avoid objects thrown in this direction]

Two major differences that I see (besides the LA and NY logos being much older):

1. The LA and NY logos have the full city and nickname, whereas the OKC logo does not.

2. The LA and NY logos actually incorporate the team name INTO the design, whereas the OKC logo just throws Thunder on top as an afterthought.

For all designers, either amateur or professional...

...if this franchise's graphic representation doesn't make you sad, mad, and borderline depressed, then you should never try drawing again.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

In all seriousness, does anybody have an idea how much approx. the design studio that did this logo/identity would have been paid($)?

You're assuming that a bona fide graphic design studio was responsible for creating this logo. I wouldn't dismiss the very real possibility that this logo was designed by artists at NBA uniform and equipment partner adidas.

Archived