OKC NBA to announce nickname, logo, colors September 3

Burmy

Honestly, it's not what I hoped for, but I don't think it's the worst logo ever or any kind of knee-jerk, over-the-top, let's all rip it together type thought.

While I must say it conveys nothing about Thunder or anything associated with the act of Thunder, it's not as bad as some logos we have seen on here.

It's not good, but then again it's not the worst.

Personally feel the Rockets, Clippers, Pacers, Trailblazers, have worse logos. Go ahead, rip me for thinking it, but damn it's just not the worst folks.

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For all designers, either amateur or professional...

...if this franchise's graphic representation doesn't make you sad, mad, and borderline depressed, then you should never try drawing again.

I agree with...JQK? That's got to be a first.

Seriously though, this design is truly pathetic. Their jerseys better be fan-:censored:-tastic or else I'm going to be forced to pimp slap Clay Bennett. Just...argh.

EDIT: I just noticed that their colors are nearly identical to the Warriors (orange, navy, light blue, and gold). A suggestion to whomever designed this logo: just kill yourself.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

"First of all we want to thank everyone involved in creating the logo, and uh, creating a name, takes a tremendous amount of work, uh it does take some time, not that anybody was really paying attention to the amount of time it was taking."

LOL

nba_thunder1_600.jpg

MUSTVE TAKEN A WHOLE LOT OF :censored:ING TIME THERE! THAT DESIGNER DEFINITELY TOOK HOURS TO SKETCH AND PLAN AND MONTHS TO CREATE THIS EFFECTIVE LOT OF FECES!

"And greatful to have a logo that we're hoping becomes synonymous with the things that we want our ba-ba sketball team to be, which is a team to be represented by work ethic, professionalism, and the community itself."

OH YEAH THAT MADE SOME REAL SENSE BECAUSE THIS LOGO SERIOUSLY REPRESENTS WORK ETHIC, PROFESSIONALISM AND THE COMMUNITY ITSELF.

Then PJ Carleismo says he hopes that the fans wear the logo as proudly as they will wear them. I'm sure Kevin Durant's getting a TP roll made with the fogo on it.

Hm..I don't know...I thinkkkk i smell some serious bull :censored:!

Great. This franchise already has a Curse of Seattle and all it's done is release its name and logo.

FWIW, a high school I cover also has the nickname Thunder and this is its logo...

image004.gif

It's grade-school simple, doesn't include a particular sport, and has a Microsoft Word font ... and it's already the equal of the OKC logo.

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

I think the economy has something to do with this: I think the designers' jobs were shipped to China, and with the no-frills equipment they had, this is the best they can come up with....

"I'm David Stern, and I approve this logo"

I saw, I came, I left.

"First of all we want to thank everyone involved in creating the logo, and uh, creating a name, takes a tremendous amount of work, uh it does take some time, not that anybody was really paying attention to the amount of time it was taking."

LOL

nba_thunder1_600.jpg

MUSTVE TAKEN A WHOLE LOT OF :censored:ING TIME THERE! THAT DESIGNER DEFINITELY TOOK HOURS TO SKETCH AND PLAN AND MONTHS TO CREATE THIS EFFECTIVE LOT OF FECES!

"And greatful to have a logo that we're hoping becomes synonymous with the things that we want our ba-ba sketball team to be, which is a team to be represented by work ethic, professionalism, and the community itself."

OH YEAH THAT MADE SOME REAL SENSE BECAUSE THIS LOGO SERIOUSLY REPRESENTS WORK ETHIC, PROFESSIONALISM AND THE COMMUNITY ITSELF.

Then PJ Carleismo says he hopes that the fans wear the logo as proudly as they will wear them. I'm sure Kevin Durant's getting a TP roll made with the fogo on it.

I can make this logo in 10 Minutes

LOL

nba_thunder1_600.jpg

There's not even any thunder pictured in the damn logo!

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

LOL

nba_thunder1_600.jpg

There's not even any thunder pictured in the damn logo!

Thats because you can't see thunder ...you here it.

Looks like the bastard child of a three-way between the late 80s Spurs, the 90s Cavs, and the 00s Warriors.

1. That's not a bad description of it.

2. This is NOT worse than the Buffaslug. The 'Slug was at least supposed to be something tangible (a buffalo) and came out without legs, and some weird horn-like shapes that make it look like... well... a slug.

3. Moderators / CC: Can the next person who makes a "EPIC FAIL" joke (and I use the word joke loosely) be banned... or killed? Do you have the power to kill?

Such a nice community here. icon9.gif

16 NBA Titles

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

capt.e444bbfed174466993900166dbd34787.oklahoma_city__basketball_okso104.jpg

The guy on the left is like "Oh snap! That really is our logo. I thought it was a joke"

That logo is so bad, I think we need to give the whole state back to the Indians, steal it back and start fresh.

Lol thats good. I think we should give it a try.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

The thing that really makes me mad when I look at this is that it gives me the complete opposite feel of what a logo should for a team called Thunder. When I think of thunder, the colors are dark (black or gray) and yellow (from lightning). The colors they chose make me think of a bright sunny day. That's why I think it's worse than the Lakers, Clippers, or Knicks; not just because it is a bad design, but it makes me think of the opposite of the team name.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

From the Press Release:

Bennett announced the team?s uniform design is being finalized and will be revealed in late

September as players arrive for training camp. Additional graphic designs are also underway. ?The

wordmark and shield, although a proud historic landmark for the team, should be viewed as an initial

primary logo as we work towards additional graphic development of our team identity,? he said.

So it might change?

Archived