OKC NBA to announce nickname, logo, colors September 3

Burmy

jersey wordmarks:

okc_wordmarks.gif

The wordmark seems okay, although I'm afraid of seeing bright colours.

Hopefully the jerseys can save the logo.

That's what I'm hoping. So far, the script looks nice.

I was kinda hoping that they'd use the OKC from the "logo" as the jersey wordmark. I think standing alone on a jersey that slanted up OKC in white stroked in navy on light blue with a small number in the same color combo to the bottom right of it could look ok. can someone mock that up???

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the scripts and the colours so far. But thats about it.

Edit: PANTONE, or ColorWerx could you give us a comparison of the Orlando Magic Blue and the Thunders new light blue? They look quite similar.

espnsignq8.png

I was kinda hoping that they'd use the OKC from the "logo" as the jersey wordmark. I think standing alone on a jersey that slanted up OKC in white stroked in navy on light blue with a small number in the same color combo to the bottom right of it could look ok. can someone mock that up???

Probably will see an OKC alt uni, a la PHX.

I don't care for the logo, but I like the colors. They look good together, just not in Oklahoma.

Also, that "shield" needs an overhaul. A major one. It's not the ugliest thing in the world (to me it's not), but I think the Buffaslug is worse; I think the negativity towards something as bland as this is very overblown. And maybe it would look better with just the script.

ffsfasfd.gifsigyj5.png

just finished reading most of the posts on this thread...AAO had me in tears.

i agree that the new OKC logo looks d-league.

is it just me or is this logo very close to the NJ Nets? not that it matters because the nets should have a new identity once they move to brooklyn

I like the scripts and the colours so far. But thats about it.

Edit: PANTONE, or ColorWerx could you give us a comparison of the Orlando Magic Blue and the Thunders new light blue? They look quite similar.

Sure:

OrlandoMagicBlue_9999_SOL_SRGB.jpgOklahomaCityThunderBlue_9999_SOL_SR.jpg

To call this an epic failure would be the understatement of the year. the 432nd time somebody used that tired phrase in this thread.

Fixed that for ya.

Dear Milo,

If I wanted someone to fix my thoughts for me, I'd run them by the same ridiculously clueless focus group the OKC folks used.

Until then, don't correct me.

KThanksbye.

They never even SAW any of my logos. The company never got the opportunity to even get in front of Clay Bennet.

And no. Nothing can save this team. First, the owners' abrasive, unjust, hit-and-run move of Seattle's 40+ year history NBA team to a less than interested town.

Then, the oh-so-poor logo. The uniform wordmarks SUCK. Just like the uniforms will. I'm beyond bitter about the whole ordeal--just puts the league to shame really.

How can an NBA commissioner, or board of executives, allow such blasphemy?

It IS that big of a deal.

I am so anti-NBA OKC now. If you want a team, do it the right way. Cutting corners leads you nowhere.

[/end OKC Thunder bitching]

My maturity isn't what's at question here. Mind you, I just turned :censored:ing 21. Regardless of, this is all about a heartless owner and his mishandling of a professional basketball club. And I'm incredibly passionate when it comes to graphic design especially, that's where my bent out of shapeness is coming from. To see crap like this is devastating. If i'm the only one it's this devastating to, so be it.

Bitter? Maybe. Still it's been a bunch of bull :censored:, since the July announcement to the present unveiling. But apparently,

NBACares_Logo.gif

Sure didn't care for their 40+ years of patronage from Seattle fans.

Sure didn't care that Bennett was the spawn of the devil and would steal from a group of people and then claim to 'develop one of the league's greatest brands'.

Oh please, this is sports folks, teams freaking move.

Get over it.

Thank you.

And Ian, seriously, just shut the :censored: up already. I don't care how old you are, you're acting like a petulant little :censored:. Get over this, and get over yourself. I'm sure your deformed buffalo would have gone over like gangbusters, but until you get your foot in the door someplace, you're no better than any of the other pros here.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

They never even SAW any of my logos. The company never got the opportunity to even get in front of Clay Bennet.

And no. Nothing can save this team. First, the owners' abrasive, unjust, hit-and-run move of Seattle's 40+ year history NBA team to a less than interested town.

Then, the oh-so-poor logo. The uniform wordmarks SUCK. Just like the uniforms will. I'm beyond bitter about the whole ordeal--just puts the league to shame really.

How can an NBA commissioner, or board of executives, allow such blasphemy?

It IS that big of a deal.

I am so anti-NBA OKC now. If you want a team, do it the right way. Cutting corners leads you nowhere.

[/end OKC Thunder bitching]

My maturity isn't what's at question here. Mind you, I just turned :censored:ing 21. Regardless of, this is all about a heartless owner and his mishandling of a professional basketball club. And I'm incredibly passionate when it comes to graphic design especially, that's where my bent out of shapeness is coming from. To see crap like this is devastating. If i'm the only one it's this devastating to, so be it.

Bitter? Maybe. Still it's been a bunch of bull :censored:, since the July announcement to the present unveiling. But apparently,

NBACares_Logo.gif

Sure didn't care for their 40+ years of patronage from Seattle fans.

Sure didn't care that Bennett was the spawn of the devil and would steal from a group of people and then claim to 'develop one of the league's greatest brands'.

I don't even know where to begin with your garbage, revisionist account of how the Sonics moved. Schultz had two options when he decided to sell the team because the Key Arena lease was costing him millions: (1) Sell to a group from Fresno, who were going to move the team immediately upon sale; or (2) sell the team to Bennett's group, who would afford Seattle and Washington State more time and another chance to develop an acceptable solution to Key Arena. Key Arena, while renovated in 1995, is the league's SMALLEST venue with the LEAST amount of luxury suites, and so the state and local politicians didn't have enough foresight to get the deal right back then. As the lease was on the verge of expiring, the team was certainly going to move upon its natural termination if the status quo remained the same.

So, with the extra time the city and state had, what did they do? Each portion of government ensured that the Sonics were toast. (1) The city, for its part, passed I-93, which was an initiative that was DIRECTLY aimed at the Sonics and made it virtually impossible to get any funding. (2) As if that wasn't enough, the state wouldn't even allow funding for arena solutions to come to a vote before the people.

If you look at the situation rationally, you cannot blame Clay Bennett for moving the team. It was going to happen one way or another if the situation remained the same, and the local and state politicians sealed the team's fate. End of story.

jersey wordmarks:

okc_wordmarks.gif

The wordmark seems okay, although I'm afraid of seeing bright colours.

Hopefully the jerseys can save the logo.

That's what I'm hoping. So far, the script looks nice.

I really wished they'd have at least seperated the Oklahoma and City word like they did when they had the Hornets jerseys. Two words on top of each other reaks of semi-pro basketball.

Archived