OKC NBA to announce nickname, logo, colors September 3

Burmy

The Sonics logo at least looked like an identity. Sure, it's a basketball and an S, but it also tied into the history of the previous 1980's/early 90's look.

The Thunder logo isn't even a Thunder logo. It's a basketball in a shield with lines around it. Put "PONIES" or "CARPETBAGGERS" or "ROXX" above it, and it's the same logo.

Grasping at straws, aren't we? I'm so tired of the vitriol that you spew on these boards. BTW, it's time to change your sig.

What the hell's your problem? So far, you've made 4 posts here. Two of these posts were attacks at AAO, one was an attack at DG_Now, and the other one was simply "OSHKOSH B'GOSH!" Here's an idea: why don't you try becoming a contributing member of the community here before you go acting like a bonafide jackass to everyone, huh?

Seriously, you've been a member since July. What do you know about his previous posting history. Perhaps you're a dupe account, in which case there should be an immediate IP address check.

As for your comment on DG "grasping at straws," he isn't. He's making a totally legitimate point. What you're doing is coming onto the boards and being dick.

EDIT: Who are you to talk about his sig? You don't even have a sig!

Do you honestly think it's someone who only joined in July? It's probably someone here with a second identity, or even maybe a banned member just trying to get his licks in behind a shroud of anonymity.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Sonics logo at least looked like an identity. Sure, it's a basketball and an S, but it also tied into the history of the previous 1980's/early 90's look.

The Thunder logo isn't even a Thunder logo. It's a basketball in a shield with lines around it. Put "PONIES" or "CARPETBAGGERS" or "ROXX" above it, and it's the same logo.

Grasping at straws, aren't we? I'm so tired of the vitriol that you spew on these boards. BTW, it's time to change your sig.

What the hell's your problem? So far, you've made 4 posts here. Two of these posts were attacks at AAO, one was an attack at DG_Now, and the other one was simply "OSHKOSH B'GOSH!" Here's an idea: why don't you try becoming a contributing member of the community here before you go acting like a bonafide jackass to everyone, huh?

Seriously, you've been a member since July. What do you know about his previous posting history. Perhaps you're a dupe account, in which case there should be an immediate IP address check.

As for your comment on DG "grasping at straws," he isn't. He's making a totally legitimate point. What you're doing is coming onto the boards and being dick.

Do you honestly think it's someone who only joined in July? It's probably someone here with a second identity, or even maybe a banned member just trying to get his licks in behind a shroud of anonymity.

That's what I was thinking. Someone should probably do an IP check on whoever this guy is.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Mr. Bennett, shouldn't your time be occupied with other pursuits these days?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I still end up getting an inexplicable craving for fast food hamburgers whenever I look at this logo.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

...Monica?

DG, what do you want for your birthday? Should I return this copy of Little Miss Sunshine, or just give it to you with the gift receipt?

Welcome to DrunjFlix

...Monica?

DG, what do you want for your birthday? Should I return this copy of Little Miss Sunshine, or just give it to you with the gift receipt?

How about the $7.48 I spent on Confederacy of Dunces? It's supposed to be the funniest book of all time, but all it does is depress me.

And, nuts to you wdaniel -- I had a good point.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I'm smoking Marlboro Virginia Blends at the moment, id be happy to bum you one.

OH wait...sig...like signature image. Carry on

How about the $7.48 I spent on Confederacy of Dunces? It's supposed to be the funniest book of all time, but all it does is depress me.

Well, it serves you right for buying a book solely because I referred to a couple of members here as Ignatius Reillys

*edit* Well said, Ian.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

...Monica?

This is what I am getting DG for his birthday.

Backdafucup_part_II.jpg

:upside:

...Monica?

This is what I am getting DG for his birthday.

Backdafucup_part_II.jpg

:upside:

I know whenever Gitlin's in the hood, cuz you can hear "Blac Vagina Finda" from blocks away.

K, enough derailing.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Slam Harder is on that album, right? I love that song.

And as that song features Vince Carter, we are *this* much closer to being back on topic.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

This whole procedure was like a blind date that you meet on one of those telephone dating hotlines.

The commercial (Clay Bennett) lures you in with these beautiful, big busted women who look like they should be on the cover of Playboy.

They (Bennett/the organization) follow it up by giving you free access for a trial period, where you talk to a girl who has a voice like heaven, and claims that she's not only on par with those hot babes you saw on the commercial, she's BETTER.

It ends with a large buildup, where you two hit it off perfectly, only to go on the blind date to find out your "dream girl" is 5'2, weighs 450 pounds, has buck teeth, lives at home with her parents, is unemployed and broke; looks and smells like she hasn't ever heard of the concepts of soap, water and deoderant and has the personality of a dry shoe.

So finish the story.... how'd the rest of your date work out?

LOL, I plead the fifth.

Texas.gif

I found this interesting on The Morning Buzz on ESPN.com

they were talking to Melo, and this came up.

Efrain (Bayonne NJ): What do you think of Oklahoma City's new NBA name?

SportsNation Carmelo Anthony: I can't say what I really think.

Looks like he isnt too big of a fan of the "Thunder."

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

Thought I'd chime in on this. Forgive me for repeating any one else's comments (althought its probably obvious)....

Team Name: Thunder fits. I like it. Something with energy, power, intimidating and surprising/startling.

Team Logo: Do NOT like it. Does not fit the name. Too many colors. And their bright, happy colors! WTF?! But the most irritating thing is it doesn't have any design element to reflect Thunder. No lightning or anything, just those chopsticks behind the shield. The ONLY thing I like is the shield, which is still not that great or distinctive.

I'm desperately waiting for the rest of the logo package to be released. And hopefully they'll have some decent merchandise to wear after that.

I'm also disappointed that Ackerman created that. I started my career there and know the kind of work they do, and this is just crap. They are close buds with Bennett so I'm sure they gave up their integrity and better judgement just so they could land this project and have something new in their portfolio to brag about.

Finally, I love the site. I've been a long-time lurker/user and look forward to coming back more often.

BOOMER SOONER! :D

I found this interesting on The Morning Buzz on ESPN.com

they were talking to Melo, and this came up.

Efrain (Bayonne NJ) : What do you think of Oklahoma City's new NBA name?

SportsNation Carmelo Anthony: I can't say what I really think.

Looks like he isnt too big of a fan of the "Thunder."

WOOO!

Bayonne, NJ!

Represent!

I apologize. Back to the thread....

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Thought I'd chime in on this. Forgive me for repeating any one else's comments (althought its probably obvious)....

Your PMs are turned off, so I'll ask here:

Are you also Kingpen over on SoonerFans? Just askin' :)

mfoster (aka mfosterftw over on SF)

Team Name: Thunder fits. I like it. Something with energy, power, intimidating and surprising/startling.

Team Logo: Do NOT like it. Does not fit the name. Too many colors. And their bright, happy colors! WTF?! But the most irritating thing is it doesn't have any design element to reflect Thunder. No lightning or anything, just those chopsticks behind the shield. The ONLY thing I like is the shield, which is still not that great or distinctive.

I'm desperately waiting for the rest of the logo package to be released. And hopefully they'll have some decent merchandise to wear after that.

I'm also disappointed that Ackerman created that. I started my career there and know the kind of work they do, and this is just crap. They are close buds with Bennett so I'm sure they gave up their integrity and better judgement just so they could land this project and have something new in their portfolio to brag about.

Finally, I love the site. I've been a long-time lurker/user and look forward to coming back more often.

Just wondering, how can you lurk if you joined in the last week?

Archived