New Utah Jazz Secondary Logo

TruColor

This is apparently a "new" secondary logo for 2008-2009:

UtahJazz_SEC_2009-9999_SOL_SRGB.gif

Similar to the older style, but has a horizontal line in it - as opposed to the older logo:

UtahJazz_PRM_1980-1996_SOL_SRGB.gif

I'm struck by the sloppiness of this new secondary. It really looks amaturish to me.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really don't think it's sloppier. It's just a difference of the rest of the wordmark really making that logo. ut since it is a secondary mark, the team must have decided to not finish it. I would say it looks incomplete, not sloppy but I see exactly where you are coming from.

Mountains! Snowflakes! Musical notes! Oodles of fonts!

Clusterf***.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Mountains! Snowflakes! Musical notes! Oodles of fonts!

Clusterf***.

Amazingly, that completely sums up the organization's latest rebrand.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Similar to the older style, but has a horizontal line in it - as opposed to the older logo:

I'm struck by the sloppiness of this new secondary. It really looks amaturish to me.

Frankly, I wish they'd bring back the old logo permanently. Primary and secondary. And with the classic purple/green.

Pare the nonsense down to base simplicity. Get back to your roots, embrace heritage, and lose the extraneous complications (i.e. mountains, snowflakes, action font)...

And before anyone says that the old logo can't work in today's NBA, i'll refer you to the OKC thread and the gales of laughter it provides.

The lines seem off in this, somehow. The Light Blue section of the ball seems to be higher up than the Silver part. The note part of the logo doesn't connect to the ball smoothly, and the little piece underneath where the note meets the basketball really bothers me. Also, some of the curves on the note part of the logo look weird. I don't know if this is the official file or not, but if it is it does look very sloppy.

Lazy. They basically recolored the old note and added a horizontal line to make the basketball correct.

Amazingly lazy, but I guess when the team's last logo change was a recolor, it makes sense.

And what numb nut at Utah is doing their promotional stuff for this season?

Take a look at the site:

Utah Jazz

The top...."Life Off, Game On"???

Does anybody else find themselves saying....wtf?

"Life Off"? Doesn't that mean you're dead?

Wow that's dumb.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived