Lincoln Penny gets a makeover for 2009

Gary

So lemme get this straight -- on the top penny, a log cabin is 'heads' and Honest Abe is 'tails'??

I believe those are four separate designs, not two designs with their reverses.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

So lemme get this straight -- on the top penny, a log cabin is 'heads' and Honest Abe is 'tails'??

:(

As I understand it, his profile would remain on the obverse with each of these designs on the reverse, replacing the Lincoln Memorial.

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

:(

As I understand it, his profile would remain on the obverse with each of these designs on the reverse, replacing the Lincoln Memorial.

Just like what they did with the Nickel a few years back for the Louisiana Purchase.

philly.png

Although they are kinda cool, why do we even still have pennies?

I had to write a persuasive essay about that last year for my AP English Language exam. It sucked.

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

So they scrapped the county penny program? Shucks

Damn you! I just clicked and started reading without noticing the website I was on. After a couple sentences I was like, "No, this is ridiculous." I kept reading until "Starting in 2006, the U.S. Mint will release five new pennies per year for the next 629 years." That was when I needed the source. Funny.

Nice looking designs there. Makes me wish that the Royal Mint had done something similar instead of "puzzle change".

I wish the US Mint would do something like the "Puzzle Change." That reminds me I still gotta order me a set of those.

Yeah, I guess if the USM did it, it would be vastly superior and not try and hide national identity. :rolleyes:

6893352392_587cf4e9eb_n.jpg

Can't believe no one has mentioned this yet. 4 designs to celebrate both the 200nd anniversary of the birth of Abraham Lincoln, and the 100th anniversary of the Lincoln penny

Lincoln Penny 2009

I'm so old I remember when they added the Lincoln Memorial on the reverse side in 1959. I don't remember a big outcry as we thought it looked "sharp" as opposed to the old design.

Archived