yet another "10 worst NFL uniforms" article

GottaDeal

Since when were the Tennessee Titans an expansion team?

Ha! If you have the "Cleveland Browns" criteria, you must say that the Titans are an expansion team...

Yes, the City of Houston claimed the rights to the nickname, colors, logos and history of the Houston Oilers and NFL approved it... like Cleveland and all the Browns soap opera in the late '90s.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Since when were the Tennessee Titans an expansion team?

Ha! If you have the "Cleveland Browns" criteria, you must say that the Titans are an expansion team...

Yes, the City of Houston claimed the rights to the nickname, colors, logos and history of the Houston Oilers and NFL approved it... like Cleveland and all the Browns soap opera in the late '90s.

I disagree, all the Houston Oilers stats came up with the team...the Titans are very far from being an expansion. There's more than a little logo to a History of the team.

I'll agree on a couple of points - namely the fact that Seattle has a blue helmet, a blue jersey, and blue pants. They should've gone with the silver helmet (though that was a fan vote, so I can't really blame the team per se). But some of his claims don't make any sense.

Broncos:

but the duds they come out in each week are too futuristic

...as opposed to all-block numbers and a two-bar facemask? There's nothing wrong with modernization.

Jets:

I am a huge fan of throwback uniforms, but not these. New York Titans? Never heard of them.

How can you be a huge fan of throwback uniforms, but not know that the Titans existed? I take this to mean that the author is a fan of throwback uniforms, but not history?

It seems that he's just a fan of 70's-80's uniforms, and dislikes anything contrary to that.

2011 Colorado Rockies | Season from Hell

sig_11.png

Nope. Bud Adams very famously made sure no Houston team would ever be known as the Oilers. Plus, the Titans spent two seasons as the "Tennesse Oilers." The Texans aren't related to the Oilers in any way. If they were, they'd be the definitely be called Oilers.

And dude is right about the all red Texans uniforms which, unfortunately return this season for our first Monday Night game. It's like earnestly wearing a powder blue tuxedo with ruffles to your 2008 prom.

numberfour.jpg

"What am I wearing?!!! Get it off, get it off!"

Nope. Bud Adams very famously made sure no Houston team would ever be known as the Oilers. Plus, the Titans spent two seasons as the "Tennesse Oilers." The Texans aren't related to the Oilers in any way. If they were, they'd be the definitely be called Oilers.

And dude is right about the all red Texans uniforms which, unfortunately return this season for our first Monday Night game. It's like earnestly wearing a powder blue tuxedo with ruffles to your 2008 prom.

numberfour.jpg

"What am I wearing?!!! Get it off, get it off!"

Thanks for the heads up. I'll make sure to have my sunglasses ready to wear when I watch that MNF game.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

This guy?s complete lack of logic allows me to discount this article with ease. The Patriots jerseys are too generic, but Moss looked sweet in a Raiders jersey? Let?s think about that statement for a minute.

HD finally gave me an opportunity to take a close look at the Cowboys' pants. I'm still stumped as to their definitive color.

vlcsnap328179st0.jpg

Thanks to Pantone/Color Werx we know that color is called "Dallas Cowboys Metallic Silver Green" - whatever that really means. To me they come off as some kind of greenish blue that isn't quite anything known to man.

If they are going to wear the classic Cowboys uniform, they need to bring back the real silver-blue color they wore back in the 1970s. With modern metallic fabrics they should be able to keep them from fading to that weird blue/purple like they did for the 1977 season when they beat the Broncos in the Super Bowl.

HD finally gave me an opportunity to take a close look at the Cowboys' pants. I'm still stumped as to their definitive color.

vlcsnap328179st0.jpg

Thanks to Pantone/Color Werx we know that color is called "Dallas Cowboys Metallic Silver Green" - whatever that really means. To me they come off as some kind of greenish blue that isn't quite anything known to man.

If they are going to wear the classic Cowboys uniform, they need to bring back the real silver-blue color they wore back in the 1970s. With modern metallic fabrics they should be able to keep them from fading to that weird blue/purple like they did for the 1977 season when they beat the Broncos in the Super Bowl.

I think the color can best be described as Aqua Fresh!

rams3_zps8ezugnuj.jpg

Matt Bowen clearly has some sort of black hole for any facts involving the word "Titans".

"Hey, Matt, did you have a good time at the movies?"

"Yeah, I sure did."

"What did you see?"

"I saw 'Remember The Titans'."

"How was it?"

"How was what?"

"Uh...'Remember The Titans'?"

"Never heard of it."

vlcsnap328179st0.jpg

As a Dallas fan, I totally concur. Green was never part of the classic Dallas color scheme and shouldn't be. Every year I expect them to ditch the hideous pants but they never do. Losing hope.

Archived