2008 World Series

Swiss

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a home run derby in Philadelphia tonight.

Funny how the two biggest ingredients to the Rays turnaround, defense and the bullpen, have been completely failing them in this series.

10-2 after a Ryan Howard, two-run jack.

IUe6Hvh.png

Hey, Phillies, let's save 2 or 3 runs for tomorrow to secure the World Series! Don't waste them tonight in that HR derby, thanks! :P

Ah... remember those predictions?

ws08predictions-1.png

Guys like Caple, Law, Neyer and Klapisch hit it square!!! :D

I'm keeping in my mind about a six-games WS... tomorrow Kazmir will win one to send it to Tampa Bay.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Good on the Phillies. Hopefully they can close this thing at home and give Philadelphia the big party. The Rays scare me however. They seem scrappy enough to complete the comeback and all they to do is win 1 road game.

Sidenote: It seems like MLB has released cold weather hats that have fold down ear flaps. Very cool.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Good on the Phillies. Hopefully they can close this thing at home and give Philadelphia the big party. The Rays scare me however. They seem scrappy enough to complete the comeback and all they to do is win 1 road game.

Sidenote: It seems like MLB has released cold weather hats that have fold down ear flaps. Very cool.

Yeah those hats are cool.

GO PHILLIES!!!

PHI Wins 10-2

PHI-3, TB-1

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

They did that last year. In fact, if you search the boards, you may find the post where they did that.

philly.png

I...

...wow.

One more win, with Cole on the mound tomorrow night.

Cole is pitching tomorrow?

Break out the champagne then. You might as well get ready to hit the block, Brian. The Phillies have got this.

I...

...wow.

One more win, with Cole on the mound tomorrow night.

My feelings exactly. Tomorrow is going to be the longest day of my life, just waiting for the game.

Is it 8 yet?

Edit: (of comment below) The Phillies might get bandwagon fans and be widespread, but they will not be as annoying as The Nation

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

I just hope that this doesn't result in a Red Sox-like coming out of closet Phillie Phans and bandwagoners, resulting in some stadiums being taken over. :P

Trust me, I've been to many Braves-Phillies games and Phillies fans are far and few inbetween down here. If we get invaded, I'll know what's up. :D

Edit: (of comment below) The Phillies might get bandwagon fans and be widespread, but they will not be as annoying as The Nation

Well I/no one could ever have predicted today's feelings toward "The Nation" 4 years ago, so don't be surprised if you keep winning and that happens... :)

On that note, weren't we saying all this stuff before a Game 5 of a certain ALCS? It's not over folks.

I just hope that this doesn't result in a Red Sox-like coming out of closet Phillie Phans and bandwagoners, resulting in some stadiums being taken over. :P

Trust me, I've been to many Braves-Phillies games and Phillies fans are far and few inbetween down here. If we get invaded, I'll know what's up. :D

So far the only stadiums we've taken over are the Nationals ones (both RFK and the new one). We've also had great representation when visiting Baltimore. Other than that, there's been fans everywhere but not to the point of being annoying (like the Mets fans visiting CBP <_< )...

So far the only stadiums we've taken over are the Nationals ones (both RFK and the new one). We've also had great representation when visiting Baltimore. Other than that, there's been fans everywhere but not to the point of being annoying (like the Mets fans visiting CBP <_< )...

We classin' up the joint :grin:

Either way Cheesteak fans you may enjoy my pages front page today

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/

Just dont boo the championship parade.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived